Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: AP names Sam Bradford offensive rookie of the year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#45 : February 05, 2011, 04:34:22 PM

bradford is a clear oroy. this was about the easiest decision in a while.

improved his team, started all 16 at QB, completed 60% of his passes for over 3500 yds and 18 TDs on a team with dung for receivers. c'mon fellas -- this was a slam dunk.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#46 : February 05, 2011, 07:09:46 PM

Thanks for adding something new to the conversation. Another lemming falls into the sea.

In Verner We Trust

thanson

Starter

#47 : February 06, 2011, 10:33:45 AM

Williams should of had it...but he is not the big name player that is selling the jerseys....all about the money....sad but true

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 06, 2011, 11:28:02 AM

Williams should of had it...but he is not the big name player that is selling the jerseys....all about the money....sad but true

If it was all about the money, Tebow would've won it.  I know it's hard for some of you to swallow, but quarterback is the most difficult position to play.  Williams had a better year, but a decent quarterback is always going to win it.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#49 : February 06, 2011, 12:23:40 PM

Then they need to have a separate award, blaze. If voters acknowledge that Williams had the better year, but give it to Bradford anyway, then the system is flawed. But I think it goes deeper than that. As others alluded, when you're No. 1 overall there's a tendency to label you as a bust or boom immediately. Bradford certainly isn't a bust, but the numbers can be taken out of context. Theoretically, he could have had only 12 or 13 TD passes with the Rams scoring the SAME number of points and he would not have been respected to the same degree. Furthermore, we know the Rams are improved. But he's getting most, if not ALL, the credit. The numbers and watching this team prove that's simply wrong. I'm not saying he's bad. But the Rams were better on a lot of fronts and he's reaping the rewards. With MW, too many people are copping out saying Freeman's the reason he's so good. Obviously, 5 had a lot to do with his success, but it's a way to diminish what MW did and it's wrong (especially since the same people then turn around and then don't give 5 his proper credit too).

In Verner We Trust

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 06, 2011, 12:48:07 PM

I'm not saying Mike didn't deserve it.  I'm saying that Bradford's been a shoe-in since midseason.  The system is flawed, but it's a flaw that shouldn't have surprised any of you.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 06, 2011, 08:03:36 PM

Very true, Blaze. While I'm annoyed and frustrated by this result, I predicted it around Halloween.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: AP names Sam Bradford offensive rookie of the year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools