Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden would still be the Bucs head coach today if................ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 07, 2011, 03:50:40 PM

We might be better off with Freeman/Morris than Gruden/Rodgers

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 07, 2011, 03:56:07 PM

Favre taught Rodgers NOTHING, except as a qb to watch, which isn't TOO bad.  Favre refused to help him and said that wasn't his job.

.....just my opinion

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 07, 2011, 03:56:33 PM

The clarity of your hindsight is astounding.
for some, its not hindsight.

I think if we had picked Steven Jackson AND then Rodgers, it would be different. But we didn't and we move on.
The thought of that makes me giddy. Only the emergence of Free5 has eased the pain.
: February 07, 2011, 03:59:02 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : February 07, 2011, 04:03:19 PM

Yeah, I hear you, Madame Cleo.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 07, 2011, 04:04:08 PM

Favre taught Rodgers NOTHING, except as a qb to watch, which isn't TOO bad.  Favre refused to help him and said that wasn't his job.

Agree with this.  Rodgers had to be pulling his hair out waiting for the grey beard to finally retire or move on.  The Packers are lucky they didn't lose Rodgers.  I remember a trade rumor from way back when, Rodgers for Randy Moss.   He is an ascending player,  dude went from sitting in the green room forever at the draft to Super Bowl MVP.  Good story.  The more successful he has become, you have to ask all those teams that passed on him,  WTF?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 07, 2011, 04:06:14 PM

I didn't know this. Seems like you'd get some high quality info from just being in the same QB meetings, listening to calls, watching tape, etc.

That's a pretty crappy move on Favre though.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 07, 2011, 04:06:58 PM

Listening to Gruden gush over the guy during pre-game was a little much for me to take.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 07, 2011, 04:14:12 PM

I seriously doubt Aaron Rodgers would have changed destiny for Gruden or the Bucs. Rodgers would not have had three years to observe and learn from a HOF QB. The Steelers dumped Unitas, and back then the Steelers had gone decades without sniffing a championship game, and that was mostly in a ten team league. If the Colts starter had stayed healthy, we probably wouldn't even know who he was. If the Colts had drafted Ryan Leaf, maybe he would still be playing. There's no way to know what factors into the success or failure of any coach or player. If Vince Lombardi didn't have Bart Starr, maybe the championship trophy is named in honor of George Halas.

I believe Gruden would have flamed out by now if he hadn't been fired. He worked so hard for so long, it had to be extremely frustrating to not see any tangible progress. He needed a break, and so did the Bucs. There is absolutely no question that both parties are better off now. I believe most fans are glad he came and glad he left, and Gruden probably feels the same way.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 07, 2011, 04:20:42 PM

Its certainly possible. However you look at our offense then and tell me who he had to throw to? Maybe they would have brought in some guys to support him since he would have been our franchise QB. There is also that possibility that all Rodgers had to throw to were Galloway, Ike, and Clayton. Not much there compared to Driver, Jennings, and Nelson.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 07, 2011, 04:23:09 PM

Its certainly possible. However you look at our offense then and tell me who he had to throw to? Maybe they would have brought in some guys to support him since he would have been our franchise QB. There is also that possibility that all Rodgers had to throw to were Galloway, Ike, and Clayton. Not much there compared to Driver, Jennings, and Nelson.
The owners surely wouldn't put up with a rookie 1st round quarterback throwing 10 TD's to 18 INT's while completing less than 55% of his passes.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 07, 2011, 04:27:27 PM

I seriously doubt Aaron Rodgers would have changed destiny for Gruden or the Bucs. Rodgers would not have had three years to observe and learn from a HOF QB. The Steelers dumped Unitas, and back then the Steelers had gone decades without sniffing a championship game, and that was mostly in a ten team league. If the Colts starter had stayed healthy, we probably wouldn't even know who he was. If the Colts had drafted Ryan Leaf, maybe he would still be playing. There's no way to know what factors into the success or failure of any coach or player. If Vince Lombardi didn't have Bart Starr, maybe the championship trophy is named in honor of George Halas.

I believe Gruden would have flamed out by now if he hadn't been fired. He worked so hard for so long, it had to be extremely frustrating to not see any tangible progress. He needed a break, and so did the Bucs. There is absolutely no question that both parties are better off now. I believe most fans are glad he came and glad he left, and Gruden probably feels the same way.
Fair and well stated. Nice post.

In Verner We Trust

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 07, 2011, 05:09:54 PM

I seriously doubt Aaron Rodgers would have changed destiny for Gruden or the Bucs.

You don't think Gruden could have coached up a stud player like Rodgers?  That's a shame.  I think he's a better coach than that, he just sucked at evaluating talent.

I guess you're in Cyberdude's camp of Gruden would have ruined Rodgers.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 07, 2011, 05:17:56 PM

No, it's just that the Bucs drafted poorly enough so that a stud quarterback wouldn't have been enough to be where we want to be. Look at what MD added the last two years. It's not just Freeman. No diss on Gru, just love for our current regime.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 07, 2011, 05:29:40 PM

Glad he is gone.   Bandaids dont cut it.  I like these young dudes who will be good for years to come.  I was reading earlier, Freeman is 4 or 5 years younger than Rodgers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 07, 2011, 05:53:31 PM

I believe most fans are glad he came and glad he left, and Gruden probably feels the same way.

I know I am!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden would still be the Bucs head coach today if................ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools