Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS HIRE KEITH MIILLARD AND GRADY STRETZ AS D-LINE COACHES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 09, 2011, 11:10:52 AM

I'm more excited about this coaching hire than I would be about a big free agent signing. Millard is a high energy guy who has experience coaching 3 man defensive lines and 4 man defensive lines which is huge. The fact that his ego did not stop him from coming here even though he was going to be a co-defensive line coach is very impressive in my opionion as well.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 09, 2011, 12:24:57 PM

Don't sell Stretz short either, Millard seems to be getting all the attention, maybe because he is so well known (by the older folks).

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 09, 2011, 03:32:04 PM

Was Quincy Black a Safety or a LB with the Lobos cause Stretz coached safeties there from 2003-2005?  Either way he would know him well.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 09, 2011, 05:31:34 PM

Millard was with the Raiders this past season correct?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 09, 2011, 05:35:28 PM

Looks like Grady Stretz got the inside scoop of Linebacker Vontaze Burficit just in case the Bucs are looking for a linebacker next year.
Burficit is going to be a bonafide stud!

I'm hoping the Bucs don't take a MLB this year and wait for 2012. Mason Foster is tempting though but only at MIKE not sure if he's got the skills to play will. I need to see him at the combine and see how he does in the short shuttle runs.

If we get Burficit we're looking at a Ray Lewis type player.

Houston, Foster, Burficit !!

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#35 : February 09, 2011, 06:16:32 PM

Burfict will fall due to character issues....Stretz would let our guys know if he's worth it in the 2nd-4th round.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 09, 2011, 06:30:17 PM

Burfict will fall due to character issues....Stretz would let our guys know if he's worth it in the 2nd-4th round.
Burfiict is a LOCK first round pick.

Character issues or not he's going to be special. After Patrick Willis is over there in SF being a cornerstone for them his stock will be fine.

Guaranteed first round pick. No doubt about it.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 09, 2011, 06:32:46 PM

Burfiict is a LOCK first round pick.

Character issues or not he's going to be special. After Patrick Willis is over there in SF being a cornerstone for them his stock will be fine.

Guaranteed first round pick. No doubt about it.
Concur, when the guy is on the field he is always the highest impact player on the field. If he grows up, which I think Raheem could really help him with he will be one of the best LB's in the game. He is the number 1 player I want next year.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 09, 2011, 06:33:36 PM

I love the fact that the Bucs took their time to make this decision. You have to wonder if Sapp was involved in any way.The plan evolves.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/warren-sapp-urged-tampa-bay-buccaneers-to-hire-keith-millard/1150530

Yes he was.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 09, 2011, 06:35:21 PM

Burfict will fall due to character issues..

I'm hoping he falls into the mid-twenties like Ray-Ray did.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 09, 2011, 06:39:08 PM

Burfict will fall due to character issues..

I'm hoping he falls into the mid-twenties like Ray-Ray did.
Same, if he was available anywhere after 10 and we were in the 20's I would do whatever was necessary to move up for him. Complete game changer.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 09, 2011, 08:09:59 PM

I love the fact that the Bucs took their time to make this decision. You have to wonder if Sapp was involved in any way.The plan evolves.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/warren-sapp-urged-tampa-bay-buccaneers-to-hire-keith-millard/1150530

Yes he was.
  Glad they had the conversation and Raheem/Mark were listening and acted on Sapp's not so subtle suggestion... 8)

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 09, 2011, 08:29:44 PM

Don't sell Stretz short either, Millard seems to be getting all the attention, maybe because he is so well known (by the older folks).
   Yeah, yeah I confess to some gray hairs, Unc. Never liked the guy 'cause I wasn't a Viking fan, but years after he retired, I admit I admire his game. One of the fiercest competitors I've ever seen; right up there with Butkus of the Bears and Jimmy Taylor of the Packers...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS HIRE KEITH MIILLARD AND GRADY STRETZ AS D-LINE COACHES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools