Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 5 best NFL QB's under the age of 30. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#15 : February 09, 2011, 03:32:52 PM

Best part about that list is:

Freeman is the youngest on it.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 09, 2011, 04:47:38 PM

Ryan is the one on that list of top 5 I wonder about. He really hasn't advanced since his rookie season. I think Bradford's going to be a great QB.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 09, 2011, 04:54:37 PM

I think Sam Bradford's going to be a solid QB in the NFL...I think Freeman will be better.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 09, 2011, 05:32:32 PM

No to Sam Bradford. Other than that, put Freeman ahead of Ryan and I'm OK with it. Flacco, I'm not sure about yet. And Sanchez has won enough playoff games already where he should probably be No. 5 even though he looks terrible at times.

I don't agree at all on Sanchez. QBs wins and losses has some merit however in Sanchez's case it is completely overblown. Ultimately he may turn out to be a real good QB but at this point he's behind many of those guys and he's definitely top 5.

I'm not one who usually gets into the rankings all that much beyond certain "pockets" of players so if one wants to say Freeman is better than Bradford, for instance, I don't care. They belong in the same grouping of QBs overall. Sanchez doesn't and I don't think Ryan does either. I think they are a level...or will be a level...below whatever level Freeman, Bradford, et al are.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 09, 2011, 06:33:05 PM

Sanchez is the Trent Dilfer of the modern NFL. He's a mediocre QB who has a great run game and top end defense so his suckitude doesn't matter much.  I mean if Freeman was a 55% passer, with a 17:13 TD:INT ratio I think we'd all be wondering exactly what the heck he is...if anything.

Bradford had a spiffy rookie year but in terms of proven "under 30" ability he hasn't shown what Freeman has. I'm not a huge Matt Ryan fan, he doesn't seem special and away from the dome he's really not special at all.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 09, 2011, 07:47:19 PM

For the umpteenth time........
I would not trade Josh Freeman for ANY QB in the NFL.
And I don't care if that QB were under or over 25 years old.

We have our franchise QB and he's a damn good one, a perfect fit for this team.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 10, 2011, 02:34:05 AM

Amen, Garv.
IMHO the gap between Freeman and Sanchez is far greater than that between Bradford and Sanchez. Bradford's 6.0 YPA (actually 5.95) is camouflaged by his high completion percentage and low INT rate. Sanchez had a nice 6.7 YPA as a rookie then fell back to 6.5, which should have gone UP with superior receiving around him. So the verdict is still out on him. But I'm not about to say either he or Bradford will be great long-term. He engineered a winning drive at Indy and beat NE in Mass. so you have to give him something.
That said, Freeman's second season blows either guy away. Overall Freeman already is a top 10 QB and if he gets any better, which is what we all pray, he'll combine high YPA, high yardage, high TD passes and even be part of an offense high in TOP. Gotta love it.

In Verner We Trust

watson

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 10, 2011, 10:03:45 AM

Big Ben anybody??

Yeah, I was wondering about that.
Agree,  How do you not include a QB that is not 29 years old yet and already has 2 superbowl rings?  Even is you can't take his off the field issues, you have to give him credit for doing whatever it takes to win the big games.......with the exception of this last SB.  I would think he would be there ahead of Rivers, Ryan and Bradford.  I still believe that Freeman is the best very young QB in the NFL and unless injuries curtail his career, he has a very bright and successful future on the horizon.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 10, 2011, 10:12:22 AM

I think Matt Ryan gets a little too much hate on this board. He's not perfect, but he's still a good player. Considering all the bad quarterback situations in the league, many, many teams would be happy to have him. His problem is it looks like he is already as good as he is ever going to be and that his ceiling is in the Trent Green/Brad Johnson vicinity.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 10, 2011, 10:56:52 AM

I think Matt Ryan gets a little too much hate on this board. He's not perfect, but he's still a good player. Considering all the bad quarterback situations in the league, many, many teams would be happy to have him. His problem is it looks like he is already as good as he is ever going to be and that his ceiling is in the Trent Green/Brad Johnson vicinity.

....and you point out why he's not a top 5 guy under 30.

thanson

Starter

#25 : February 11, 2011, 04:12:15 PM

I think matt cassel would be good with a supporting offense

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 11, 2011, 04:53:50 PM

Perhaps my "hate" for the Falcons clouds my judgement but i don't think he's anywhere near worthy of the hype he receives..... and i agree, he's probably hit his ceiling which IMO ain't all that.

I think matt cassel would be good with a supporting offense

he already is.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 11, 2011, 04:59:23 PM

Matt Ryan's pretty good. So Is Cassel. The idea of Freeman getting better is incredible. Maybe it doesn't happen. But if it does, just think about it.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 11, 2011, 05:06:48 PM

Matt Ryan's pretty good. So Is Cassel. The idea of Freeman getting better is incredible. Maybe it doesn't happen. But if it does, just think about it.

Oh I know. Hes already a winner right now. In his second year.  :o

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 11, 2011, 08:50:26 PM

Matt Ryan's pretty good.

Matt Ryan came into the league in a nearly perfect situation for a QB. Very good receivers and a great back and running game. He really hasn't improved all that much. He's a decent QB who may have already hit his ceiling. I don't think he belongs in the top 5 as listed in the original article.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 5 best NFL QB's under the age of 30. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools