Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 5 best NFL QB's under the age of 30. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Madman

Hall of Famer

#45 : February 13, 2011, 12:41:09 PM

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Phillip Rivers
3. Josh Freeman
4. Sam Bradford
5. Matt Ryan

That's how I'd rank 'em. Matt Ryan was 27th in the NFL in yards per attempt. Sanchez doesn't belong on that list IMO. Freeman has the most upside, and is the youngest, of anyone in that group.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#46 : February 13, 2011, 01:31:21 PM

All of those were the truth. Sanchez played the best game of his career that day. You have failed miserably again.

all 194 yards of it.

The Jets...to this point...have given Sanchez mostly safe options. Rarely has he been asked to win a game....including the one you reference. He may be capable of it but, if so, the Jets have not needed to allow him to. If he played on the Bucs he probably wouldn't have been as successful as the Bucs current QB was this past season.
: February 13, 2011, 01:34:23 PM ryan24

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#47 : February 13, 2011, 03:36:31 PM

I agree with tbb's list to the tee. Perfect order as of now.

In 5 years, I see the top 5 probably consisting(in no particular order) of Rodgers, Freeman, Roethlisberger, Bradford, and Rivers. I could also see Tebow or Andrew Luck pushing their way in there, but it's very hard to predict with a work in progress like Tebow and a guy who's still in college like Luck. Ultimately, though, I think it'll be between Rodgers and Freeman as the NFL's top QBs and perhaps Bradford. They seem to have the highest ceilings.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 14, 2011, 12:12:09 PM

I think the list/ranking is pretty accurate.  I do however think that with possible improvements, next year it could be

1. Rodgers
2. Rivers
3. Bradford
4. Freeman
5. Ryan

Ryan is a solid QB, but if Freeman continues to progress, he will be a better player than Ryan.  Right now Rodgers and Rivers are inches away from being considered elite QB's if not already.  Freeman is a lot further behind them... as is Bradford, obviously.

tbb345

Starter
#49 : February 15, 2011, 01:07:12 PM

Guys, Roethlisberger is under 30. Any top 5 list in this thread should/has to have the name Roethlisberger. He is, AT WORST, the 3rd best QB under 30 right now

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 16, 2011, 11:15:14 AM

Guys, Roethlisberger is under 30. Any top 5 list in this thread should/has to have the name Roethlisberger. He is, AT WORST, the 3rd best QB under 30 right now

I thought the same thing, but I wasn't sure.  I figured that since it wasn't a poster's opinion, that Ben turned 30 was going to turn 30 in the up coming season.  After looking, Ben will be 29 in the 2011 season.  My guess is that the writer missed him.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 5 best NFL QB's under the age of 30. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools