Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finding tolerence in Christendom.. or nonsectarian educational institutions « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#195 : July 14, 2011, 05:26:14 PM

But if you believe the Bible, I don't think you can pick and choose what you want out of it, and say oh i dont like this part...

Well then, you had better get to stoning some football players for working on Sunday or you're going to hell.

Not true ... There's only one unpardonable sin and it's not not stoning blasphemers.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#196 : July 14, 2011, 06:53:13 PM

somebody throw a rock at you CK?  LOL - good to see you here - all well I hope.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

jbear

Pro Bowler

#197 : July 14, 2011, 09:46:49 PM

Not to double post, but I believe the bible also preaches many things the other religions do. I remember George Harrison saying he believed a certain hindue saying that said there was never a time when you didn't exist, and there will never be a time you stop to exist. The bible says that too. it says "Call nothing new" because it existed before us. So yes, there are things the both share. I just find Jesus unique because all he asked for was a relationship from you and for you to do your best. Other gods didn't rise again from death. At least not in the way Jesus did. But I can still be open to aspects from other religions. :)

Personally, I think if you can see positives of other religions then you probably are not one of the intolerent christians I was speaking of.  At some point I think its important for christians to acknowledge that Faith doesnt mean **CENSORED** in an argument.  You cant prove it so... I think, you can't know.  I believe the things I do but I'm not blind to things going on in the world that can be proven to my satisfaction.  Thats all I'm trying to say.  I reject faith as an excuse to persecute and exclude those who see the world differently than you do.  Being in a predominately christian country does not in my mind give the right to force views on others.  At least thats how I feel about it.

Also, we both know there are more than just a few christians who aren't as open to outside influence as you seem to be.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#198 : July 14, 2011, 09:52:26 PM

But if you believe the Bible, I don't think you can pick and choose what you want out of it, and say oh i dont like this part...

Well then, you had better get to stoning some football players for working on Sunday or you're going to hell.

Not true ... There's only one unpardonable sin and it's not not stoning blasphemers.

I do wonder... folowing old testament law am I a blasphemer for watching or is it just the guys doing the work?  I'm suddenly worried about my prospects for an afterlife.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#199 : July 16, 2011, 10:58:54 PM

somebody throw a rock at you CK?  LOL - good to see you here - all well I hope.

I forgot my pw .... ;D

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#200 : July 16, 2011, 11:00:53 PM

I do wonder... folowing old testament law am I a blasphemer for watching or is it just the guys doing the work?  I'm suddenly worried about my prospects for an afterlife.

You're still good .... Blasphemy isn't the Big One, either. ;)

jbear

Pro Bowler

#201 : July 17, 2011, 02:28:17 AM

A big load off my mind.  I thank you.  ;)

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#202 : July 17, 2011, 11:29:52 AM

A big load off my mind.  I thank you.  ;)

Glad I could help ...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#203 : July 20, 2011, 08:01:00 PM

Hey - just don't post OP and you guys can continue...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finding tolerence in Christendom.. or nonsectarian educational institutions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools