Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boid your boy has been released (Rogers) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: February 09, 2011, 06:25:07 PM

Browns released DL Shaun Rogers.Zac Jackson of FOX Sports Ohio reports that the Browns have also cut RT John St. Clair, LB Eric Barton, TE Robert Royal, and LB David Bowens. Combined, their 2011 salaries would've added up to $13.84 million. Rogers managed just two sacks in 2010 while seeing a major decline in playing time. He was due a $5.5 million salary as well as a $500K roster bonus. Rogers turns 32 in March, and it's unclear if he has enough left in the tank to help elsewhere,

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1819/shaun-rogers

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 09, 2011, 06:28:13 PM

I would sign him to a multi year contract. He would help the run defense improve DRASTICALLY. Definitely would be a 2 down player but I don't care. He could mentor Frank Okam and Roy Miller to play NT.

McCoy and Rogers? That would be sick.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 09, 2011, 06:31:38 PM

Yep maybe he could do for McCoy what  KV did for Suh! Doubt we sign him tho with Woods and Okam on board but he would definately help the run D big time!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#3 : February 09, 2011, 06:35:21 PM

Before we drafted McCoy, I wanted us to sign Haynesworth and trade for Shaun Rogers to be our DT's. In all reality that probably wouldn't have been a great idea, as they both play when they want to play...but are physical freaks who dominant when they are motivated. If we didn't have Brian Price, i'd still be all for going after Rogers...but we kinda need to see this thing through.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 09, 2011, 06:36:32 PM

Worth a look, however not a move I would expect for us.

Anything to plug that horrid run defense would make me happy.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 09, 2011, 06:38:19 PM

Man sometimes you just gotta do what is best for the team. And I hope MD realizes that, Rogers alone will help the run defense he's dominant run defender. Could teach the younger boys out and he'd only be here for a few seasons until they are comfortable with Miller/Woods/Okam.

Don't see it happening though. Dominick said Miller played well last year and they probably want him entrenched as the NT. I still want Rogers though, NT have a LONG life span in the NFL. He's still valuable in running situations.

jeanclaud

Starter

#6 : February 09, 2011, 06:45:17 PM

I don't really see how signing Rogers would be best for the team. The already have a lot of talent and money tied up at DT and Rogers doesn't really strike me as the mentoring type. If we want these guys to develop, they need to play.

Also, whether or not you agree, the team seems intent on a Miller/Price combo at NT.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 09, 2011, 06:56:06 PM

I don't really see how signing Rogers would be best for the team. The already have a lot of talent and money tied up at DT and Rogers doesn't really strike me as the mentoring type. If we want these guys to develop, they need to play.

Also, whether or not you agree, the team seems intent on a Miller/Price combo at NT.
Rogers is a PROVEN commodity beast in the run defense. Talent means NOTHING without the results. Okam/Woods played so-so this year, and there are ZERO guarantees they improve. Rogers doesn't have to do much. Hell, teach the big boys how to play with pad leverage is pretty much it. Watch what Shaun does on the field. I really don't see how they can't learn from his skills.

They are intent for unproven commodities? Bad idea because if they regress this team will be looking UP at 6 wins.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 09, 2011, 07:00:29 PM

Signing a 32-year old, interior defensive lineman to a multi-year contract is an absolute formula for disaster.......period. I don't care who he is/was. I always liked Rogers and I could see taking a 1-2 year flier on the guy, but, at that age, he is clearly on the decline.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 09, 2011, 07:19:51 PM

Signing a 32-year old, interior defensive lineman to a multi-year contract is an absolute formula for disaster.......period. I don't care who he is/was. I always liked Rogers and I could see taking a 1-2 year flier on the guy, but, at that age, he is clearly on the decline.
Sorry to say but run stuffers at 32 are not on the "decline". Hell, Pat Williams made the Pro Bowl at 34/35 after being cut for his age.

Grady Jackson, Casey Hampton, Ted Washington, and Kris Jenkins. Powerful/run stuffing DT's are never on the decline, they're 2 down players that are still quite effective despite their age.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 09, 2011, 07:39:37 PM

For once, DT isn't a weakness.  Pass on Rogers, go after Carl Nicks/Logan Mankins.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 09, 2011, 07:41:16 PM

Yeah. It's a great "idea."
If you're an idiot who has absolutely no clue how this team is being built.

LOL

BRING IN (fill in the blank with any player released from any team who has a name ever mentioned on ESPN because it if was
mentioned on ESPN he MUST be good)!!!
Is this the Codfish in disguise? LOL

It will not happen.
Watch and see...........THANK GOD!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 09, 2011, 07:45:40 PM

Have there been more threads on acquiring Shaun Rogers than any other player the last 6-7 years?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

micronole

Starter
#13 : February 09, 2011, 07:49:38 PM

Rogers is perpetually disgruntled. Agree with Garv, would be way out of character for Dom to sign him.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 09, 2011, 07:57:59 PM

Rogers is perpetually disgruntled. Agree with Garv, would be way out of character for Dom to sign him.

Unless it was a Simeon Rice-type signing. Here's a million dollars now show us you can still play. Dominik's always shopping the bargain bin.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boid your boy has been released (Rogers) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools