Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boid your boy has been released (Rogers) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 09, 2011, 08:11:59 PM

Yeah. It's a great "idea."
If you're an idiot who has absolutely no clue how this team is being built.

LOL

BRING IN (fill in the blank with any player released from any team who has a name ever mentioned on ESPN because it if was
mentioned on ESPN he MUST be good)!!!
Is this the Codfish in disguise? LOL

It will not happen.
Watch and see...........THANK GOD!
Casual fans that know nothing about the rest of the NFL make me laugh.

I swear to god, NFL Ticket is the best thing that ever happened to true NFL fans. Oh and if you don't have time to watch them I'd strongly suggest reading or researching metric books. The information that is out there now for people to be informed by most NFL players today - no excuse for casual fans.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 09, 2011, 08:21:38 PM

Rogers is perpetually disgruntled. Agree with Garv, would be way out of character for Dom to sign him.

Unless it was a Simeon Rice-type signing. Here's a million dollars now show us you can still play. Dominik's always shopping the bargain bin.

Apples and oranges IMO. Simeon Rice was still what, 26-27 years old with unlimited potential and had
proven he could get to the QB. That was a smart signing, Rodgers not so much.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 09, 2011, 08:22:17 PM

No.

Frank Okam>Shaun Rogers

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 09, 2011, 08:24:35 PM

For once, DT isn't a weakness.  Pass on Rogers, go after Carl Nicks/Logan Mankins.
Biggs - what are the chances of getting Mankins out of NE.  I can't see even a slight chance, and had that conversation with 4bucs... but I'm interested in other's view especially if I am missing the boat somewhere.  I'd love to have the guy but not for picks nor meaningful players 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Garv

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 09, 2011, 08:28:52 PM

Yeah. It's a great "idea."
If you're an idiot who has absolutely no clue how this team is being built.

LOL

BRING IN (fill in the blank with any player released from any team who has a name ever mentioned on ESPN because it if was
mentioned on ESPN he MUST be good)!!!
Is this the Codfish in disguise? LOL

It will not happen.
Watch and see...........THANK GOD!
Casual fans that know nothing about the rest of the NFL make me laugh.

I swear to god, NFL Ticket is the best thing that ever happened to true NFL fans. Oh and if you don't have time to watch them I'd strongly suggest reading or researching metric books. The information that is out there now for people to be informed by most NFL players today - no excuse for casual fans.

LOL Yeah man, I'm a casual guy for sure.

As always, GO BUCS!!!

-ts

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 09, 2011, 08:29:49 PM

Rogers is perpetually disgruntled. Agree with Garv, would be way out of character for Dom to sign him.

Unless it was a Simeon Rice-type signing. Here's a million dollars now show us you can still play. Dominik's always shopping the bargain bin.

Apples and oranges IMO. Simeon Rice was still what, 26-27 years old with unlimited potential and had
Not the signing he is referring to. He is referring to bringing back Sim to see if he could get healthy again when he ended up not being able to. Cheap no risk high reward.

That would be the only way we make this happen, and even then I don't really see us making that move.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 09, 2011, 08:34:47 PM

Not the signing he is referring to. He is referring to bringing back Sim to see if he could get healthy again when he ended up not being able to. Cheap no risk high reward.

That would be the only way we make this happen, and even then I don't really see us making that move.

? I believe Sim DID come in cheap his first year here. His big contract came after proving himself here and I think
it's exactly the signing he was referring to.

As always, GO BUCS!!!

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 09, 2011, 08:37:41 PM

Dbuc if I may i'll give my 0.2. I agree Mankins is likey tagged and dealt a bit later probably for a 2nd and another pick. I hope if we pursue FA guards or tackles its Nicks, Marshall Yanda and/or Ryan Harris.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 09, 2011, 08:42:38 PM

Dbuc if I may i'll give my 0.2. I agree Mankins is likey tagged and dealt a bit later probably for a 2nd and another pick. I hope if we pursue FA guards or tackles its Nicks, Marshall Yanda and/or Ryan Harris.
That is along the lines of my thinking 1va - I don't see a FA signing but a trade - and I don't want to give up solid talent - nor picks, but I do want Mankins or his equivalent.  And I suspect that player will not be Mankins.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 09, 2011, 08:57:45 PM

Roy Miller had better stats than Rogers last season

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 09, 2011, 09:18:56 PM

Rogers played in a 3-4 NT. They don't post stats they eat space. He's still a force. Watch the Saints/New England Pats vs Browns games, beast.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 09, 2011, 09:26:11 PM

? I believe Sim DID come in cheap his first year here. His big contract came after proving himself here and I think

I was talking more in hypotheticals rather than singling out a particular free agent. The only way I could see Dominik going after a big-name free agent is if it is someone who is willing to take a cheap "show-me" contract similarly to what Simeon did when he came to the Bucs. Someone who either has shown greatness in the past or who has the potential to show greatness but for one reason or another has fallen out out of the good graces of the league. Simeon had the reputation of being a problem child similar to Rogers. Unless Dominik feels they are ready to compete for a championship now, I cannot see him signing anyone who is Rogers age or older. It just wouldn't fit the plan.
: February 09, 2011, 09:28:06 PM CyberDilemma

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 09, 2011, 09:31:42 PM

For once, DT isn't a weakness.  Pass on Rogers, go after Carl Nicks/Logan Mankins.
Biggs - what are the chances of getting Mankins out of NE.  I can't see even a slight chance, and had that conversation with 4bucs... but I'm interested in other's view especially if I am missing the boat somewhere.  I'd love to have the guy but not for picks nor meaningful players

I think the chances are good he leaves NE.  They usually reload, not re-sign.

Chances of him coming to Tampa?  Smaller.  I'd prefer Nicks as he's younger and possibly even better.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 09, 2011, 09:34:41 PM

I was talking more in hypotheticals rather than singling out a particular free agent. The only way I could see Dominik going after a big-name free agent is if it is someone who is willing to take a cheap "show-me" contract similarly to what Simeon did when he came to the Bucs. Someone who either has shown greatness in the past or who has the potential to show greatness but for one reason or another has fallen out out of the good graces of the league. Simeon had the reputation of being a problem child similar to Rogers. Unless Dominik feels they are ready to compete for a championship now, I cannot see him signing anyone who is Rogers age or older. It just wouldn't fit the plan.

Ah. Well then, we are in complete agreement.

As always, GO BUCS!!!

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 09, 2011, 09:38:16 PM

Rodgers is just a silly idea. Price will be the man now that he is healed.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boid your boy has been released (Rogers) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools