Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boid your boy has been released (Rogers) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #30 : February 09, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »

we've got 3 draft picks in the last 2 years in the top 3 rounds that play DT.  For better or for worse we need to play them.  We also have a Al Woods, who was a 4th rounder last year  IIRC.

Handiman1031

Second String
« #31 : February 10, 2011, 12:26:15 AM »

I've always been a huge Rogers fan.  I think he would be great in Raheem's versatile scheme and would be an enormous improvement over Miller and Woods at NT.  I'd love to see a DL of Bennet/Rogers/Price/McCoy on running downs.  If you guys remember Shaun Rogers was the first name Kellen said he would recruit to the Bucs back when we traded for him. Go to about 4:50 in the video to check it out: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d80ef9d53/NFLTA-Kellen-Winslow-interview

watson

Hall of Famer
« #32 : February 10, 2011, 06:13:53 AM »

I thought one of the reasons they brought in Millard was to teach/mentor the DTs.  And he definitely has the experience.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : February 10, 2011, 08:01:54 AM »

Not good timing with the recent picks and acquisitions.  Would have loved to have gotten him a couple of years back.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #34 : February 10, 2011, 10:28:51 PM »

Shaun Rogers - DL - Browns

ESPN 980 Washington's Chris Russell confirms free agent DL Shaun Rogers will visit with the Redskins on Friday.
The 'Skins are moving fast, perhaps in an effort to beat the Texans and Cowboys to the punch. Viable nose tackles are hard to find, and several teams are in the market even with Rogers' performance on the decline.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #35 : February 11, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »

If the Redskins are interested, shouldn't that be all the reason to do the opposite?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #36 : February 11, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »

According to ESPN Dallas' Calvin Watkins, close to 10 teams are interested in free agent Shaun Rodgers.
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms that Rogers has been contacted by "multiple" teams. Rogers is visiting the Redskins Friday, though it's believed to be nothing more than an exploratory meeting. Rogers is best used on a four-man line as a disruptive pass rusher, but he can still be effective as a more conventional nose tackle if necessary.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #37 : February 11, 2011, 11:56:04 AM »

If the Redskins are interested, shouldn't that be all the reason to do the opposite?
Well they did get a bargain for a pro bowl CB in DeAngelo Hall.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #38 : February 11, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »

Why would a team cut a guy like that? I can't possible think of one.

Why do people want to put old questionable character people with our shiny new talent???

Go away Rogers!!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #39 : February 12, 2011, 08:57:58 AM »

Rogers is awesome!   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #40 : February 12, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »

ProFootballTalk NBC Sports

Tom Heckert sends a warning message about Shaun Rogers

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 11, 2011, 9:03 PM EST

Shaun Rogers may be one of the most underrated talents of the last decade, but the guy on the 2010 Browns roster was reduced to a part-time player that never practiced.

Browns G.M. Tom Heckert said that all the losing Rogers has done over the years has affected him.

“Shaun’s a different cat,” Heckert told Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.  “Shaun’s whole thing — and he’s stated a million times — is that he’s never been on a team that’s any good. Every team he’s ever been on has been bad. Right or wrong,  I think it’s taken a toll on him.”

Translation: Rogers half-assed his way through his last season despite having the highest base salary on the team.  So it was easy to cut him.

Rogers’ first trip as a free agent was to Washington.  Rogers has suffered through ten straight losing seasons as a player and the Redskins don’t seem like the best option if he’s concerned with winning above all.

“I think if he went to a good team, things might change. I don’t know,” Heckert said.

Rogers can probably be a productive part of a winning team if he’s willing to take less money.  Players rarely make that sacrifice, though, so Heckert’s comments should serve as a warning to Washington’s front office.

They don’t exactly have a great track record with mercurial veteran defensive tackles.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #41 : February 13, 2011, 03:50:19 AM »

Day late, dollar...well...not short...unless you think the Glazer slumlords are broke...I still think he is a decent  situational DT more capable than some of the cats that are suited, but it is not a good idea to add this piece right now.  the Bucs run defense could use an interior presence, STILL (IMO), but again...pass.  At this point, pass.  Besides, how would he and Trueblood get along?

Handiman1031

Second String
« #42 : February 15, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »

Food for thought:  http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/02/11/shaun-rogers-worth-the-risk-and-then-some/

I'd still love to add him to our squad.  He can be easily be argued as one of the most dominant Nose Tackles to ever play the game.  Imagine a starting DL of Bennett/Rogers/Price/McCoy.  I say we listen to Winslow and bring his buddy Big Baby in and enjoy the show.  Rogers is due some success for all the time he has spent helping out weak teams.

For those who look at Millard to develop young talent....

by Stephen Holder

Sapp played under Millard at the end of his career when Millard was an assistant with the Raiders. Sapp credits the coach for much of his late-career success.

"I told Raheem, I don't know what you're thinking, but if you've got a defensive line position open and want somebody to work with a young guy like Gerald McCoy, Millard is the guy," Sapp said. "I've done everything I can, but I don't have the time to really teach the kid. This man I played under, and he gave me 10 sacks with the Raiders as a 32-year-old. This is the man you got to hire."

Sapp is only one of a few vets Millard got top level production out of as well.  Why not add a dominant NT guy like Rogers, who also went to Texas, to a group of Okam, Miller, Crowder, Price, McCoy and Bennett.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boid your boy has been released (Rogers) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools