Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Might Have An Interest In A Speed Receiver « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 12, 2011, 04:17:20 PM

If we're really going to consider a TE in the first or second round then trade for Greg Olsen.

However I don't think Tampa drafts a TE on the first day this year.

Very unlikely IMO

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 12, 2011, 04:17:54 PM

he is lacking in size but PR was raving about his blocking ability at the senior bowl.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 12, 2011, 04:36:57 PM

out of all the offensive skilled positions I would like to see us draft it's running back.  we are one injury away from probably having Caddy be are primary back and just think back to the start of the season.  The offense got good once we started featuring Blunt.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 12, 2011, 04:42:14 PM

I'm on board with another good running back. A Dunn type back that is real shifty and can hit the home run every now and then would be perfect. Vereen might not be a bad idea if we trade down in round two to acquire an additional fourth maybe.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 12, 2011, 04:53:24 PM

IMO, the Bucs have NO need for a "speed" receiver.  Both Benn and MW are good deep receivers.  In fact, Benn showed he may just be an outstanding deep receiver.  He didn't just get open deep, he got WIDE open deep!!

As to TE, I would like to have a young one who can block and catch passes, but I would prefer to get a pass-rushing DE and a linebacker first.  If Luke Stocker is there in the 3rd round, I would be fine getting him.  However, I would really prefer to see the 3rd round pick go for either another pass-rusher, another linebacker or an olinemen.  Then go after a higher pick at TE in the 2012 draft.  I want another one, but I want an outstanding one, not just a "pretty good" one.

.....just my opinion

Garv

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 12, 2011, 05:14:21 PM

IMO, the Bucs have NO need for a "speed" receiver.  Both Benn and MW are good deep receivers.  In fact, Benn showed he may just be an outstanding deep receiver.  He didn't just get open deep, he got WIDE open deep!!

As to TE, I would like to have a young one who can block and catch passes, but I would prefer to get a pass-rushing DE and a linebacker first.  If Luke Stocker is there in the 3rd round, I would be fine getting him.  However, I would really prefer to see the 3rd round pick go for either another pass-rusher, another linebacker or an olinemen.  Then go after a higher pick at TE in the 2012 draft.  I want another one, but I want an outstanding one, not just a "pretty good" one.

I'm with you Joe.
Hey! What are you doing navigating these murky "red" board waters? LOL
I didn't think you came here. Good to read you,

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 12, 2011, 05:15:42 PM

The offense could use some "juice" and I'm not convinced the WR crew is all that deep. MW is certainly a lock. Briscoe looked good but briefly. Benn had a serious injury. Sammie was not very good. Beyond that....not much. A speed receiver taken a little later in the draft wouldn't be a bad idea and it might not be a bad idea to draft a back with some wheels.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 12, 2011, 05:44:01 PM

it might not be a bad idea to draft a back with some wheels.

Chad Spann in the 7th!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 12, 2011, 06:05:00 PM

Almost every play as it is there is an open receiver or tight end on the field. Freeman just has to keep advancing as far as seeing them and progressing thru his reads rather than locking in on one receiver. I'm sure he will.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 12, 2011, 08:44:30 PM

I actually agree with Cummings this time. Tight ends, offensive lineman, running backs. We have all the necessary types of players at those positions (assuming we re-sign Cadillac). A speed WR is the one thing this offense doesn't have, and with Freemans ability to throw 70 yards i the air you have to assume that a good speed WR could do some damage in this offense.

I'm sure Dominick still looks back at taking Roy Miller over Mike Wallace. Miller has been a good DT, but Wallace is already one of the best WR's in the league.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 12, 2011, 11:45:53 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to it but i just don't see it happening. However, we do know its all about #5.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 13, 2011, 12:05:40 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to it but i just don't see it happening. However, we do know its all about #5.

I think a quality #2 TE to run 2 TE sets and teaching Blount the blocking schemes and to catch the ball would be even better.

Williams on one side Benn on the other, Winslow as TE1 and lets say Kendricks as TE2 and Blount in the backfield by himself. Is it a pass or run? 1 TE in the pattern or 2? Is Blount gonna pass protect or drop into the flat. I see major mismatches if the O-line could hold it's own against simple rushes.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 13, 2011, 12:13:29 AM

I think a quality #2 TE to run 2 TE sets and teaching Blount the blocking schemes and to catch the ball would be even better.

Williams on one side Benn on the other, Winslow as TE1 and lets say Kendricks as TE2 and Blount in the backfield by himself. Is it a pass or run? 1 TE in the pattern or 2? Is Blount gonna pass protect or drop into the flat. I see major mismatches if the O-line could hold it's own against simple rushes.

If TB Running Back coach can teach caddy to be a pass catching threat. I think he can work with blount, remember early in Caddy Career he had fumble problems/ wasn't the best blocker/ not the best catcher. But now his game has really turned around so I feel confident with the coaching TB has at RB Blount will be just fine when it comes to that part of his game.  Watch for Miami's Leonard Hankerson to be the best speed WR if there is football next season. I would love for the Bucs to get this kid. Even in the return game he would be more of a threat than spurlock who I didn't like much Returning.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 13, 2011, 02:08:43 AM

I want Reidel Anthony and Jacquez Green back. Both make Williams and Benn look foolish.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 13, 2011, 03:06:27 AM

They might be interested.  But it ain't coming from the draft.  They will look for a young, hungry speedster after the fact.  They really do not need a wideout, IMO...of course there is this:  What if Benn is not ready to go at the start and he has lost some agility and seperation ability as a result of his injury?

It certainly is feasible that he is not the same guy...some guys suffer knee injuries and well...they lose something.  Could be reality.  Benn might not be the same cat that strutted onto the scene less than a year ago.

We will have to wait and see.  I hope he is up to FULL speed.  That he has not lost ANY of his abilites.  But keep an eye on him.  It is an afterthought right now, but if he slips, this board will be all over him...his coaches will be all over him, and that will be that.

For the record, I think he will rebound nicely.  But when does prognostication ever become a science? 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Might Have An Interest In A Speed Receiver « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools