Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Might Have An Interest In A Speed Receiver « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 13, 2011, 05:00:10 PM

I ran into Little Dex a few days ago, he was working the front desk at a local homeless shelter and his staff included Ruud as Bum is the guy that fluffs all the beds for the guys.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 16, 2011, 12:00:02 AM

If we really want to add a speedy receiver, I like Dorin **CENSORED**erson. This guy played TE for Pitt in college, but he's only slightly larger than Benn and Mike Williams at 6'2" 228lbs He ran a 4.4 flat forty at the combine last year which was 5th best of the entire combine at all positions. For reference, Mike Williams ran a 4.49 and Benn ran a 4.54. The dude is fast and because he played TE he is an above average run blocker which is huge. The Texans took him in the 7th last year and he didn't play at all in 2010....so he could probably be had for a 6th or 7th round pick. Here is a short clip of some of his highlights.

: February 16, 2011, 12:11:42 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 16, 2011, 12:10:44 AM

If we really want to add a speedy receiver, I like Dorin **CENSORED**erson. This guy played TE for Pitt in college, but he's the same size as Benn and Mike Williams (6'1" 220lbs) and he ran a 4.4 forty at the combine last year. For reference, Mike Williams ran a 4.49 and Benn ran a 4.54. The dude is fast and because he played TE he is an above average run blocker which is huge. The Texans took him in the 7th last year and he didn't play at all in 2010....so he could probably be had for a 6th or 7th round pick. Here is a short clip of some of his highlights.

It would be nice if he could turnout to be a TE like Finley.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 16, 2011, 12:17:38 AM

6'2" is pretty short for a TE. If he put on 20lbs to have enough bulk to play TE, he'd probably lose his great speed which is what makes him special. Who knows though. I just wish we would have taken him last year. I was so pissed when we traded away our 7th round picks! I'm so happy we still ended up getting Blount, but we could have taken Dorin **CENSORED**erson, Jameson Konz, and/or CJ Wilson too. Instead we traded them for a 5th that we ended up trading for Alex Magee.....
: February 16, 2011, 12:22:15 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 16, 2011, 12:23:55 AM

6'2" is pretty short for a TE. If he put on 20lbs to have enough bulk to play TE, he'd probably lose his great speed which is what makes him special. Who knows though. I just wish we would have taken him last year. I was so pissed when we traded away our 7th round picks! I'm so happy we still ended up getting Blount, but we could have taken Dorin **CENSORED**erson and CJ Wilson too. Instead we traded them for a 5th that we ended up trading for Alex Magee.....

Oh I always thought he was taller than 6'2.  It's weird to be excited to see who goes to what practice squad and what players go undrafted because TB might get a few good players. I like this feeling though having 2 drafts in 1 year.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#35 : February 16, 2011, 12:28:36 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to it but i just don't see it happening. However, we do know its all about #5.

I think a quality #2 TE to run 2 TE sets and teaching Blount the blocking schemes and to catch the ball would be even better.

Williams on one side Benn on the other, Winslow as TE1 and lets say Kendricks as TE2 and Blount in the backfield by himself. Is it a pass or run? 1 TE in the pattern or 2? Is Blount gonna pass protect or drop into the flat. I see major mismatches if the O-line could hold it's own against simple rushes.

If TB Running Back coach can teach caddy to be a pass catching threat. I think he can work with blount, remember early in Caddy Career he had fumble problems/ wasn't the best blocker/ not the best catcher. But now his game has really turned around so I feel confident with the coaching TB has at RB Blount will be just fine when it comes to that part of his game.  Watch for Miami's Leonard Hankerson to be the best speed WR if there is football next season. I would love for the Bucs to get this kid. Even in the return game he would be more of a threat than spurlock who I didn't like much Returning.

uhh Leonard Hankserson...speed receiver? When did this happen? He's got good size and I think he's going to be a good receiver in the NFL but by no means is he a "speed receiver." That's guys like Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin and Desean Jackson. I really do hope we get Titus Young somehow. The pass game would be ridiculous with Mike, Rejus, Briscoe, Titus and K2.

thanson

Starter

#36 : February 19, 2011, 07:25:11 PM

heard that larry brackins is still available

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Might Have An Interest In A Speed Receiver « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools