Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TENARD JACKSON « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CJ Mc

Practice Squad
: February 12, 2011, 07:17:46 PM

Does anyone know whats going on with Tenard Jackson?  Obviously he's a bonehead off of the field, but i would definitely like to see him back ON the field with Tampa.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 12, 2011, 07:33:06 PM

Last I heard, TAnard Jackson was in rehab, more than likely in hopes of a quicker return to the league when eligible for reinstatement.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 12, 2011, 08:02:42 PM

You shouldn't misspell Tanard twice and then call someone a bonehead.  lol.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 12, 2011, 08:19:46 PM

We dont need him. Cant rely on him and he is not even needed. We need to cut him and move on.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 12, 2011, 08:42:37 PM

We dont need him. Cant rely on him and he is not even needed. We need to cut him and move on.

Sure wouldn't mind having him back, though.  Dude was a beast at safety.

CJ Mc

Practice Squad
#5 : February 12, 2011, 08:58:08 PM

Oh, Sorry sir. I spelled TANARD wrong. Its really crazy because I used to use that word so frequently in high school and college. I cant believe i missed spelled a name that probably has about 6 different variations. YOU IDIOT

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

I've been pretty hard on TJax and have echoed Awitron's comment. I mean he can't be trusted or depended on, and he's already had multiple chances. Plus he really was never as amazing as some seem to think. He was just good imo, not great. We can find a FS that is good and doesn't have a problem with drugs.

However, I've lightened up my stance a bit. I still think we need to go into this off season with the mind frame that TJax is done, but he will get a chance to make his comeback...and I'm ok with it. Many have done much worse and had multiple chances to redeem themselves. I suppose TJax should get the same. I know he will get that chance because of Rah's comments. He has said he looks at it as his failure, and he can't wait to get the opportunity to help TJax come back and be a better man. So there is really little doubt of TJax getting a shot.

The way I see it, TJax doesn't get to participate in any off season practice or OTAs. No practice or anything until week 4 of the 2011 season. So when he comes back to One Buc in week 4 he will need to be in great shape. He can't be in football shape, but he'll need to be it the best shape possibly. If he isn't, then he isn't taking his opportunity seriously and should be cut immediately.

If he passes that test, he'll have 3 or 4 weeks while the Bucs get a roster exception for him to prove he is ready to give 100% and that he is completely off drugs. If he doesn't impress in thos 3 to 4 weeks, then he should be let go.

If he passes that test, then around week 8 of the season, someone like Corey Lynch or Larry Asante or whatever safety has been the weakest will get released and TJax will take the roster spot as a back up.

If he stays clean and continues to give 100% all year, then he can compete for a starting job in 2012.

That's how I see it anyways.
: February 12, 2011, 09:13:50 PM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 12, 2011, 09:13:03 PM

Oh, Sorry sir. I spelled TANARD wrong. Its really crazy because I used to use that word so frequently in high school and college. I cant believe i missed spelled a name that probably has about 6 different variations. YOU IDIOT

The post was all in good fun because of the irony. There is no need to get all upset and name call.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 12, 2011, 09:19:52 PM

Yea you did, but what ignited the response was when you called Tanard a bonehead.  The deal was sealed with that combo - it was funny. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 12, 2011, 09:30:51 PM

Jackson is overrated but definitely one of my favorite current Bucs. I enjoy watching him play and was shocked when they announced him as the opening day starter vs the Seahawks. Very instinctive, great range, good ball skills, and good closing speed in coverage. In my opinion he's without a doubt a top 10 coverage safety in the league. On the flipside, he's not a sure tackler - actually pretty bad. He missed as many tackles per game as Sabby that one year but played fewer games. But he's not making too much $$$$ and his ability to take reads away in coverage is valuable. Its hard to be a GREAT coverage safety in the league b/c not many players are just naturally gifted with instincts and can make plays on the ball.

Now I think Tampa should play it smart and draft or covet a coverage safety. Maybe take a CB/FS tweener similar to Tanard who is instinctive and good ball skills in the latter part of the draft. We'd be idiots to think Sean Jones, Corey Lynch or Larry Asante are going to make plays next year. We simply cannot trust Tanard Jackson so we HAVE to get an upgrade over these back-up material safeties. I want Rahim Moore at 51 to be honest.

IF Jackson comes back clean and recovers, I guess we'll just have two good free safeties. Jackson will be FA soon anyway and look for a big pay day and depending how well the rookie FS plays we can decide if we want Jackson long term. Its a win-win for the Bucs.

Instead of, assuming Jackson will come back clean. Then assume Jones, Lynch, or Asante will step up and not regress. That is a lose-lose situation so, lets avoid that at all costs.
: February 12, 2011, 09:32:56 PM Detrimental

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 12, 2011, 09:41:34 PM

Even Grimm, I mean don;t get me wrong he looked great and I love the kid and hope he's the next John Lynch for the next decade....but the reality is started 7 games as a rookie and looked pretty good. It doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be a great safety and worthy to start. I really, really hope he is.....but I think you have to go into the offseason with the mind set that we don't have a single great safety. Sean Jones is an average vet, Lynch is solid depth, Asante looked promising but is basically a complete unknown, TJax isn''t dependable and won't even be available till mid season, and Grimm, like I said, looked very promising but is still not a sure thing.

Safety is a definite weak spot for us. Our secondary was great last year though and rah obviously knows how to get the most out of each player...so that helps. Still need to get a solid safety thru FA or the draft imo. Ahmad Black is scary to me because he is undersized, but it's a match made in heaven. Too good not happen. I think he'll be a Buc next year.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 12, 2011, 09:59:26 PM

Interesting article and the most similar situation I can find. Despite the outcome (2nd year of suspension) it's should be noted Goodell allowed him into OTA's and TC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3357445

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 13, 2011, 03:17:42 AM

I hope they bring him back.  He can become a nice factor on this defense.  He let me down with his stupidity.  His addiction to whatever he is doing...coke, steroids...weed?  Who knows?  whatever he is doing is not good.

Dude has asthma, maybe he is doing roids and using his asthma treatment as an excuse as to why he is testing positive.  Nobody knows.  All this weed talk people keep bringing up, and there is not any semblance of fact to any of it.

My 2 cents says it might be weed.  But at this point, it does not matter.  Dude has to keep his mentals in check, and watch what he consumes.  Period.  I would eat a turd if it made me a better PRO athlete, and I wouldn't test positive to get me kicked.  Tanard needs to be smart, and stay positive, and pray that Rah and company give him the thumb up...

Hope he comes back.  Would much rather see Tanard and Grimm pairing up with Aqib...maybe Biggers...hopefully Aso (wink)...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 13, 2011, 03:36:02 AM

Now, if he let ME down and I am just a fan, can you imagine how he let his head coach down?  His teammates down?

In football, you learn to trust and love the others around you, to give them everything you have to keep the team at the highest form it can be.  I can only imagine the teammates scorn, their ridicule of him.  And then I can imagine them embracing him back, and learning some sort of lesson from it.  It will be a test of his teammates trust, and their faith in him.  In the coaches faith in him.

If he is released, they make it clear they do not trust Tanard Jackson one iota.  And neither should we as fans.  If they bring him back, they have faith.  And we will find out if we get massively dissapointed in him again.

I would love to hear Ronde's personal opinion of Tanard Jackson.  He has so much praise for Aqib Talib, and the dude is just a wild child.  I would like to see if the PR reporters can talk to Ronde about his faith or lack therof in Tanard.  Ronde is the leader of that portion of the field.  He is a class act.  I just wish I knew what some of the teammates felt about Tanard...with Tanard's blessing of course...
: February 13, 2011, 03:37:40 AM Boid Fink

Snook

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 13, 2011, 10:03:31 AM

Rehab for smoking weed?  Why?

If you're in the NFL and can't stop smoking weed, it doesn't mean you have a drug problem.  It just means you're STUPID.  Its weed, folks.  Less harmful than alcohol.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TENARD JACKSON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools