Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TENARD JACKSON « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nitey

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 13, 2011, 11:08:11 AM

I've been pretty hard on TJax and have echoed Awitron's comment. I mean he can't be trusted or depended on, and he's already had multiple chances. Plus he really was never as amazing as some seem to think. He was just good imo, not great. We can find a FS that is good and doesn't have a problem with drugs.

However, I've lightened up my stance a bit. I still think we need to go into this off season with the mind frame that TJax is done, but he will get a chance to make his comeback...and I'm ok with it. Many have done much worse and had multiple chances to redeem themselves. I suppose TJax should get the same. I know he will get that chance because of Rah's comments. He has said he looks at it as his failure, and he can't wait to get the opportunity to help TJax come back and be a better man. So there is really little doubt of TJax getting a shot.

The way I see it, TJax doesn't get to participate in any off season practice or OTAs. No practice or anything until week 4 of the 2011 season. So when he comes back to One Buc in week 4 he will need to be in great shape. He can't be in football shape, but he'll need to be it the best shape possibly. If he isn't, then he isn't taking his opportunity seriously and should be cut immediately.

If he passes that test, he'll have 3 or 4 weeks while the Bucs get a roster exception for him to prove he is ready to give 100% and that he is completely off drugs. If he doesn't impress in thos 3 to 4 weeks, then he should be let go.

If he passes that test, then around week 8 of the season, someone like Corey Lynch or Larry Asante or whatever safety has been the weakest will get released and TJax will take the roster spot as a back up.

If he stays clean and continues to give 100% all year, then he can compete for a starting job in 2012.

That's how I see it anyways.

Same here.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 14, 2011, 09:01:37 AM

No problem with keeping him and making him prove he's changed and earn his spot back. He's a solid player would would likely be a starter at this point.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

smove28

Starter

#17 : February 14, 2011, 12:38:05 PM

No problem with keeping him and making him prove he's changed and earn his spot back. He's a solid player would would likely be a starter at this point.

This will sound weird coming from me, but I hope Jackson is let go and we move on. There is something about being here that let's him continue to fail. Letting Jackson go will solidify the fact that Morris is the coach and not this teams"boy" I have no doubt that IF Jackson gets himself together he will be a great safety, but I am fine with a guy who will be there that is less talented.

If this was a first offense, I would feel differently, but he has proven here that he cannot stay clean. Let another team deal with it. This is a young team that does not need to know that if they have potential they can do whatever they want.

..... As regrettable as letting Jackson go is, it will make our team and our players better in the long run.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 14, 2011, 12:41:53 PM

has he even been reinstated by the league yet???
We should cut our losses and move on. I would be surprised to ever see this guy play for the Bucs again.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 14, 2011, 12:46:31 PM

I think he will get a chance again. Dont know if it will be this offseason. He can stop smoking weed if he really wants to play football. Last I checked he will make a lot more money playing football then he will smoking weed.

CTGuyton

Second String

#20 : February 14, 2011, 12:54:57 PM

He too good of a safety to just cut upon reinstatement. That would just be foolish. We have his contract til the end of the year. So let him get reinstated, and see how he does for the rest of the season. If he isn't on top of his stuff, then just don't resign him. If he comes out and proves he wants to be there for the team, then it's a win win(and we can resign him for less than he would've asked w/o the suspension)

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#21 : February 14, 2011, 07:42:27 PM

Guyton:  Your way seems the sensible approach.  TJax suffered severely for his mistake.  Taking into account he would have become a free agent at the end of the 2010 season, It cost him in the millions.  Surely that is enough harshness to amend your ways.  My guess is he deeply missed not playing football during his suspension and will be quite helpful when he gets in shape, just about the time the mid-season injuries start happening.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 14, 2011, 08:07:47 PM

Some of you are just ridiculous with your evaluations of our players. Cody Grimm had a few nice games as a fill-in starter but I can't see him as a starting safety in this league. Corey Lynch, Larry Asante and Sean Jones? No. I think Asante has some potential and Jones is solid as a stop-gap but we need Tanard Jackson. It's funny that some of you forget he was our BEST defensive player no questions asked in 2009 as just a second year player. He's one of the top safetys in the entire league and there's no receiver that wants to catch a ball across the middle with Tanard Jackson coming straight for them. If you put Tanard with Rahim Moore as our starting safetys (Grimm and Jones/Asante backing them up) with Talib and this guy that's going to be a free agent this summer (Biggers, Ronde and Myron backing them up) and Raheem coaching them.....I think we have the scariest secondary in the entire league.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 14, 2011, 08:39:31 PM

Rehab for smoking weed?  Why?

If you're in the NFL and can't stop smoking weed, it doesn't mean you have a drug problem.  It just means you're STUPID.  Its weed, folks.  Less harmful than alcohol.

Think about that. Really TRY to think about that. "You're in the NFL (where taking illegal drugs will get you suspended for a YEAR
for the second offense) and CAN'T (cannot) stop smoking weed (an illegal DRUG according to the LAW as well as the NFL)
it doesn't mean you have a drug problem."

Now, again, think about that and get back to us. Because in my world at least if you CAN'T stop taking drugs when the consequences
are so obviously so serious (like losing your job and damaging your CAREER by significantly shortening it and losing a lot of
money as well as the respect and trust of your teammates) you most certainly DO HAVE A DRUG PROBLEM!!!!

This isn't rocket science and if it seems to be? Think about it.

We can certainly hope that Tanard has thought about it and addressed his problem.
: February 14, 2011, 08:43:01 PM Garv

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 14, 2011, 09:21:35 PM

Some of you are just ridiculous with your evaluations of our players. Cody Grimm had a few nice games as a fill-in starter but I can't see him as a starting safety in this league. Corey Lynch, Larry Asante and Sean Jones? No. I think Asante has some potential and Jones is solid as a stop-gap but we need Tanard Jackson. It's funny that some of you forget he was our BEST defensive player no questions asked in 2009 as just a second year player. He's one of the top safetys in the entire league and there's no receiver that wants to catch a ball across the middle with Tanard Jackson coming straight for them. If you put Tanard with Rahim Moore as our starting safetys (Grimm and Jones/Asante backing them up) with Talib and this guy that's going to be a free agent this summer (Biggers, Ronde and Myron backing them up) and Raheem coaching them.....I think we have the scariest secondary in the entire league.

Nobody considered TJax special outside of Tampa. He had his moments and a few hard hits, but he was also out of position a lot and had more missed tackles than Sabby in 2009. He looked like crap the first three weeks of 2010, and with his repeated suspensions he is obviously not a dependable piece to build around.

Cody Grimm is far from a sure thing. He could struggle next year, but in 2010 he looked like a guy that could start at SS for us for the next ten years. Other than the big TD reception he gave up in his first start, he made very few mistakes and many great plays. He and Barber were our best tacklers by far. I'm sorry you don't see that. I think you are the one that has ridiculous evaluations of our players.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 14, 2011, 09:24:04 PM

Nobody considered TJax special outside of Tampa. He had his moments and a few hard hits, but he was also out of position a lot and had more missed tackles than Sabby in 2009. He looked like crap the first three weeks of 2010, and with his repeated suspensions he is obviously not a dependable piece to build around.

Cody Grimm is far from a sure thing. He could struggle next year, but in 2010 he looked like a guy that could start at SS for us for the next ten years. Other than the big TD reception he gave up in his first start, he made very few mistakes and many great plays. He and Barber were our best tacklers by far. I'm sorry you don't see that. I think you are the one that has ridiculous evaluations of our players.
It is that simple +1

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 14, 2011, 09:24:29 PM

Garv, weed isn't physically addictive like tobacco or heroine. It's a mental thing like biting your nails or cracking your knuckles. He doesn't have a drug problem. He has an intelligence problem and a maturity problem. Rehab doesn't cure stupidity

Garv

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 14, 2011, 10:00:59 PM

Garv, weed isn't physically addictive like tobacco or heroine. It's a mental thing like biting your nails or cracking your knuckles. He doesn't have a drug problem. He has an intelligence problem and a maturity problem. Rehab doesn't cure stupidity.

Not true, just plain not true.
There's no use in trying to explain something to someone who doesn't want to hear the truth.
ALL drugs are addictive to some people. Of course heroine is more physically addictive. So is alcohol.........
to alcoholics. Believe me, you can be addicted to pot and many people are. Some can smoke and put it down, some
cannot without help. And when the consequences are serious and the user cannot put it down?

He has got a problem. Addiction nothing to do with intelligence. Neither does recovery. 

People can continue to believe what they want, but spreading ignorance can be harmful to some people.
People like Tanard Jackson.......obviously. It's not OK for him to "have just one joint." Charlie Sheen having "just one
shot" is probably not a good idea either.

OK, I tried.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 14, 2011, 11:23:08 PM

And that is on the assumption it is weed. It could be pain killers. It could be something else. We won't ever know unless TJax speaks. So talking about how hard or easy it should be for him to kick the weed habit or whatever is pure speculation. Personally, I think it was more than weed.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

jeanclaud

Starter

#29 : February 14, 2011, 11:43:07 PM

Garv, weed isn't physically addictive like tobacco or heroine. It's a mental thing like biting your nails or cracking your knuckles. He doesn't have a drug problem. He has an intelligence problem and a maturity problem. Rehab doesn't cure stupidity.

Not true, just plain not true.
There's no use in trying to explain something to someone who doesn't want to hear the truth.
ALL drugs are addictive to some people. Of course heroine is more physically addictive. So is alcohol.........
to alcoholics. Believe me, you can be addicted to pot and many people are. Some can smoke and put it down, some
cannot without help. And when the consequences are serious and the user cannot put it down?

He has got a problem. Addiction nothing to do with intelligence. Neither does recovery. 

People can continue to believe what they want, but spreading ignorance can be harmful to some people.
People like Tanard Jackson.......obviously. It's not OK for him to "have just one joint." Charlie Sheen having "just one
shot" is probably not a good idea either.

OK, I tried.

Garv, you can't lump all drugs together like that. If we're being pedantic, penicillin is a drug. Obviously not addictive.

The only thing all illegal drugs have in common with each other is that they're illegal.

As was said, some drugs are actually not physically addictive, such as pot or LSD. There is no physical withdrawal. There's lots of studies to back that up. However, as you said, a person can be addicted to any behavior, whether it's smoking pot, gambling, or sky-diving. That's more indicative of an addictive personality type.

You don't however go to drug rehab for marijuana. To suggest that would be laughable.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TENARD JACKSON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools