Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Mock Draft Version 2.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 13, 2011, 10:30:12 AM

I think we'd possibly have to trade up to get Foster in the 2nd. No way he makes it to us in the 3rd.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 13, 2011, 10:49:23 AM

Yucc - Another point that can color the draft. We didn't pick a DE last year (I'm not going to count Lorig) because this was supposed to be the year that DE (and LB) were supposed to be strong. Dom has said that he likes to look ahead a draft year because one or two positions are always stronger the following year. Now I have no idea what the strengths of next years draft is going to be, but if TE has a stronger presence next season, Dom won't select one this year.

Any idea what the strengths are going to be next year? That will probably clue us in on how the Bucs will approach this draft.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 13, 2011, 10:57:33 AM

nitey - LB appears to be very solid next year. Here is a link from earlier post of mine on the strength of the linebacker class next year.

Based on recent comments made by general manager Mark Dominik at this years Senior Bowl and the bumper crop of linebackers that could potentially be available in the 2012 draft. Seeing as how Dominik, Hickey and the rest oft he scouting staff have an eye towards the next draft when evaluating what positions to draft in the current draft. I am beginning to wonder if the Bucs don't address other issues and wait to solidify their line backing corps in 2012. All of these player will be draft eligible in 2012, but some might decide to stay until 2013 (*). Even if only half of the underclassman declare for the 2012 draft it will be one of the deepest and most top heavy linebacker classes in recent memory. With most of the listed being 1st through early 3rd round prospects at the moment.

Secondly, Dominik explained rather clearly the team's thinking in not drafting a defensive end in the early rounds last year, when the need was just as great as now. The Bucs purposely put it off, knowing exactly what was in the pipeline for the 2011 draft.

"It's something that we knew in Tampa and I'm sure with 31 other clubs," Dominik said. "Before we go into any draft, we always have to talk to our scouts and say, 'Okay, what's 2012 going to look like in each of your (regions)?' That way you can take advantage of the draft the way you're supposed to."

Potential MLB Candidates in 2012
Vontaze Burfict Arizona State*
Courtney Upshaw Alabama
Jerry Franklin Arkansas
Manti To'e Notre Dame*
Tanner Brock TCU*
Korey Williams Southern Miss
Chris Marve Vanderbilt
James Michael Johnson Nevada
Don'ta Hightower Alabama* 
Luke Kuechly Boston College*
Shane Skov Stanford*
Devon Kennard USC*

Potential OLB in 2012
Gerald Hodges Penn State*
Nico Johnson Alabama*
Ronnell Lewis Oklahoma *
Cornelius Washington Georgia*
Terrell Manning North Carolina State*
Zavier Gooden Missouri*
Travis Lewis Oklahoma
Tank Carder TCU
Adrian Robinson Temple
Nigel Bradham Florida State

As far as the possible tight end class for 2012 not sure on it.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 13, 2011, 11:05:27 AM

Okay, that makes sense. They still need to draft at least one linebacker, but given the potential strength of next season, I now doubt that they will double address it. However, I do still think the Bucs will double up on DE in this draft. I doubt the next draft will be as strong at this position and it's a position of serious need.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 13, 2011, 01:15:16 PM

Yucc, I like part of your draft and I DON'T like part of it.

1.  Aldon Smith-Don't know what to say on him as I didn't see him play this season, as he was hurt most of it, or last season.
2.  Kyle Rudolph-Don't like this pick.  He DOESN'T meet the "all around" TE the Bucs have discussed as he is NOT a good blocker.  Plus, I don't think he will be there in the 2nd.
3.  Masn Foster-Really want him but I don't believe he will be there in the 3rd round.  We will have to take him in the 2nd, IMO.
4.  Cecil Shorts WR-IMO, an uneccessary pick.  Would prefer a DE or an olineman here.
5.  Marcus Gilbert T- Like this pick a lot.  Would be a very big powerful RT or MAYBE a guard.
6.  Jalil Brown CB/Safety Tweener-IMO, a solid 6th round pick.
7.  Ray Dominguez G-Good pick.  He is a solid BIG guard and I would really like this pick here.

Just my opinion....but what do I know?

.....just my opinion

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 13, 2011, 01:17:20 PM

My Draft 2.0
1. Ryan Kerrigan DE
2. Mason Foster LB
3. Greg Romeus DE
4. DeAndre McDaniel S
5. Noel Devine RB
6. BPA OL/LB/CB
7. BPA OL/LB/CB

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 13, 2011, 01:22:58 PM

Lazoran, I like your first 3 picks, but IMO McDaniel is a SS and we are stacked there.  We need a FS.  Noel Devine I like, but not sure if I want to spend a 5th round pick on him.  However, I doubt we could get him any later.  I prefer Chad Spann.

.....just my opinion

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 13, 2011, 02:12:27 PM

Chad Spann!!! :D

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 13, 2011, 06:14:48 PM

kendricks in the 2nd romeus in the 4th are the only changes I would make......nice draft yuck.

ras01

Second String

#24 : February 13, 2011, 09:14:53 PM

I actually love this draft. Is it realistic? I guess well find out in about 3 months.

tbb345

Starter
#25 : February 14, 2011, 02:17:05 AM

1. Justin Houston, DE/LB, Georgia
2. Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
3. Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
4. Ahmad Black, S, Florida
5. Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 14, 2011, 05:51:46 AM

1. Justin Houston, DE/LB, Georgia
2. Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
3. Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
4. Ahmad Black, S, Florida
5. Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami

put one of the foster/irving at 2 and its great imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 14, 2011, 11:16:45 AM

kendricks in the 2nd romeus in the 4th are the only changes I would make......nice draft yuck.

What he said and if Foster is gone in the 3rd go KJ Wright!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 14, 2011, 01:20:18 PM

Lazoran, I like your first 3 picks, but IMO McDaniel is a SS and we are stacked there.  We need a FS.  Noel Devine I like, but not sure if I want to spend a 5th round pick on him.  However, I doubt we could get him any later.  I prefer Chad Spann.

McDaniel can play either FS or SS.. I think wiht Tanard coming back a Jackson and McDaniel duo would be pretty good. Devine I think is a better overrall running back then a lot of backs in the draft but Spann definitly has him on the size.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 14, 2011, 01:46:52 PM

Noone talking about Aldon Smith? Wheres all the Kerrigan fanboys? I love it. I think he has a good chance of falling to us at 20 after not being part of the senior bowl while Kerrigan and Jordan had their stocks rise there. IMO hes the most explosive guy to make it outside of the top 10. Would love to get him if we have the opportunity.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Mock Draft Version 2.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools