Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Christianity's Deeper meaning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 39

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: February 15, 2011, 07:07:58 AM

There is a deeply profound reason why TRUE Christians believe & behave the way we do. The summation of all the meanings are succinctly laid bare by the life and death of our saviour - the one & only mediator between God and man, Jesus Christ. He came to earth, not by his choosing, as God's way for saving mankind. God, being the highest power and ultimate source of life, having no authority over Him or even equal to Him. Nobody tells him what to do. But He chose to send His son as the method He would use to bring reconciliation between Himself and his fleshly creations. Jesus had free will to do what he had been told or to follow in the footsteps of Satan and his angels. Satan had previously been the light bearer and was known as Lucifer. But after he murdered Adam & Eve God assigned him a new name. Devil (slaughterer, killer, murderer) & Satan (slanderer & liar). Angels and people have sided with Satan either by trickery or choice, but either way - it brings death to those who take the bait.

Most people will not make it into the new creation. Jesus stated "the road to life is cramped and narrow and few are the ones finding it..."

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : February 15, 2011, 10:29:19 AM

Are there Christians that don't consider themselves TRUE Christians, Thomas?

Most people will not make it into the new creation.

Sort of an exclusive club, then. I guess they're just a little better than the rest of us.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Coburn1

Starter

#2 : February 15, 2011, 11:15:56 AM

I think he meant that there are non-Christians that think they are Christians. Is there something wrong with that statement?

Sort of an exclusive club, then.

Exclusive in the sense that most will decide against it. The invitation is open but many either won't see the need or decide they would rather just enjoy the
things in their current life.

I guess they're just a little better than the rest of us.

The rest of the religions believe they are "better" than the rest of the world, as they think they have acted in a certain way to earn the approval to their own version of heaven.
Muslims believe they have followed the Koran closely enough and their good outweighs the bad, Jews believe they have followed the Torah and God's law closely enough. Even those who don't claim any religion but believe in heaven and hell will often tell you they think they're going to heaven because they are a "good" person. Either the majority of people think they're better than most other people or they think hell will be a very empty place as it's a very common response. Christianity is the only religion I know where the reponse is I'm wretched and selfish, it's a part of my human nature, and I will go to heaven.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 15, 2011, 11:52:44 AM

I think he meant that there are non-Christians that think they are Christians. Is there something wrong with that statement?

Only in the fact that apparently he is making the call who is a TRUE Christian or not ... You don't see something wrong with that statement?

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 15, 2011, 11:56:46 AM

There is a deeply profound reason why TRUE Christians believe & behave the way we do. The summation of all the meanings are succinctly laid bare by the life and death of our saviour - the one & only mediator between God and man, Jesus Christ. He came to earth, not by his choosing, as God's way for saving mankind. God, being the highest power and ultimate source of life, having no authority over Him or even equal to Him. Nobody tells him what to do. But He chose to send His son as the method He would use to bring reconciliation between Himself and his fleshly creations. Jesus had free will to do what he had been told or to follow in the footsteps of Satan and his angels. Satan had previously been the light bearer and was known as Lucifer. But after he murdered Adam & Eve God assigned him a new name. Devil (slaughterer, killer, murderer) & Satan (slanderer & liar). Angels and people have sided with Satan either by trickery or choice, but either way - it brings death to those who take the bait.

Most people will not make it into the new creation. Jesus stated "the road to life is cramped and narrow and few are the ones finding it..."

what an interesting way to look at the world...
its almost like living in a really cool video game, where everything is tailored just for your existence

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 15, 2011, 12:08:29 PM

its almost like living in a really cool video game, where everything is tailored just for your existence

A game in which you are unique and special, because only you know the secret, only you can see the light...

Only in the fact that apparently he is making the call who is a TRUE Christian or not ... You don't see something wrong with that statement?

It's interesting how they're all Christians when holding a majority will bolster their argument, but when it comes time for the TRUE Christians to be counted, they forsake their brethren to stand among the chosen few.
: February 15, 2011, 12:10:07 PM Illuminator

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 15, 2011, 12:36:12 PM

How am I making the call Klink? Can I read hearts and minds?

There is a judge that resides in the heavenly places, and he will require and accounting from everyone ~ what we said and did. IF we have repented (see John the Babtizer "REPENT! The kingdom of the heavens draws near.")

(repent = stopped doing evil i.e. fornication, murder, lies, theft, adultery, homosexuality)

(p.s. these are considered evil by Jesus' Father, Jesus, and his followers, and not by many people plus angels that disagree with God's viewpoint of what the definition of what good and evil are)

on behalf of your faith in Jesus Christ you shall inherit everylasting life with peace and happiness. If not then you will return to the dust from which you were taken ~ forgotten for all time. The very memory of you will be wiped clean.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 15, 2011, 12:46:17 PM

There is a judge that resides in the heavenly places, and he will require and accounting from everyone

Anubis?

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 15, 2011, 12:51:55 PM

u wish

Coburn1

Starter

#9 : February 15, 2011, 01:21:59 PM

I'm sorry, but I fail to see where he makes judgements on whether a brother is saved or not. All I saw was a brief summary of the life of Jesus and the Bible. He condemned no one. He didn't even get into specifics.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 15, 2011, 01:33:52 PM

No one claimed he made a list.

Coburn1

Starter

#11 : February 15, 2011, 01:48:10 PM

I think I understand now. Everyone saw the word "true" and got excited. Granted it does seem a bit redundant. When you address or talk about professional basketball players and say they train this way, eat this way, or just make a statement about them people know you aren't talking about the 7 year old kid who tells everyone he plays in hte NBA. However, in this case it isn't exactly as obvious to everyone either. People can make an educated guess at who is a basketball player and who isn't, while some people have no clue whether so and so is a Christian or not. Also it's quite clear from scipture that the pretenders are actually in the majority. And before you jump on me, I'm not going to say who is or who isn't, not my call or anyone else's, we're just told many won't make it.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 15, 2011, 01:53:00 PM

You fail to see, but it is in the Bible...what parts did you look at??? So, what is the correct personality type of God, the one you think He is, or the one revealed through scripture...by his prophets...by the last prophet ~ His son...

Even Peter wrote - "if the righteous are being saved with great difficulty, where will the ungodly man or sinner make a showing?"

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 15, 2011, 01:56:52 PM

Coburn1 nm i misinterpretted your stmnt^^^ i thought you meant u fail to see my point, but you meant you fail to see their point ...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 15, 2011, 02:07:50 PM

Interesting - Christianity's deeper meaning?

Does this mean Christ's sacrifice wasn't enough to cover all sin - so we need more rules - or that Christ's sacrifice was so incredible that we continue to find more meaning the longer we serve him?

The Gnostics tried it, the Muslims are still "struggling" to do it, and a whole host of "johnny-come-lately's" are still at it.

It isn't difficult, it isn't mystical, it isn't complicated.

Anyone who makes it so - is selling something...

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 ... 39
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Christianity's Deeper meaning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools