Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Christianity's Deeper meaning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 39

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 15, 2011, 04:07:11 PM

Must admit, I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 15, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

Honest question here, Thomas/One Truth:  What do you hope to accomplish with this thread?

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 15, 2011, 06:11:10 PM

I hope to accomplish - openning of eyes and ears.
The Bible contains several hidden secrets and pearls of wisdom that the less intiated have no knowledge of. People that just walk around with their hand raised singing "praise Jesus" and do no real research to cement their faith are on precarious ground ~ . Paul said we should have suitable knowledge about our faith so we might be able to defend it to anyone having questions. But no to get into a battle of words (Illuminator) or some orther nonsense, but rather genuine concerns over belief and doctrines."

And last time I checked Bucbuceye we were on the same team.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 15, 2011, 06:17:43 PM

Admirable goal, but it probably isn't something that is going to happen over the internet.  It usually results in more bad than good, at least it did the first dozen or so times you've tried this.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 15, 2011, 06:18:08 PM

true enough.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : February 15, 2011, 06:19:21 PM

The Bible contains several hidden secrets and pearls of wisdom that the less intiated have no knowledge of.

Were you planning to let us in on them, or did you just want us to know that you were aware of them and we aren't?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 15, 2011, 06:21:14 PM

if even 1 person turns to God because of me....it would cover a multitude of sins. You are either on His side or nuetral or agianst. If you are neutral than you are AGAINST!

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 15, 2011, 06:34:11 PM

that last part gave me some chuckles :D

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#23 : February 15, 2011, 07:56:52 PM

How am I making the call Klink? Can I read hearts and minds?

Thomas, your statement: "There is a deeply profound reason why TRUE Christians believe & behave the way we do." indicates to me that only the Christians that believe and behave the way YOU do are the TRUE ones. That's YOU making the call. There are plenty of Christians out there that think the way THEY believe and behave make THEM the TRUE Christians .... backed up, like you, with the Word of your God. Who holds the tiebraker?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 15, 2011, 08:00:34 PM

Thomas, your statement: "There is a deeply profound reason why TRUE Christians believe & behave the way we do." indicates to me that only the Christians that believe and behave the way YOU do are the TRUE ones. That's YOU making the call. There are plenty of Christians out there that think the way THEY believe and behave make THEM the TRUE Christians .... backed up, like you, with the Word of your God. Who holds the tiebraker?
That is why quarters are made CK.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 15, 2011, 08:13:44 PM

Are there Christians that don't consider themselves TRUE Christians, Thomas?
I think he meant that there are non-Christians that think they are Christians. Is there something wrong with that statement?

Yes, it is called the "True Scotsman Fallacy" Using the word "TRUE" to somehow make one's self a part of a superior subgroup.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#26 : February 15, 2011, 08:15:30 PM

That is why quarters are made CK.

And I prefer using the Alien Quarter ... throws a whole nuther dimension in there.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 15, 2011, 08:18:24 PM

I thought alien quarters involved a truck.. oh well

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 16, 2011, 06:25:21 AM

I meant people who really uphold the beliefs of Jesus and are not just taking up a seat in the church. That means when they go to work, at home with the kids, at the grocery store...you are always walking the walk.
You know the same as I do what jesus preached. A lot of people do not adhere to those standards, that is what I meant by TRUE. Not my opinion of Christianity.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 16, 2011, 07:03:20 AM

Thomas - are you judging others? While not your opinion of Christianity, it does appear to be your opinion about other Christians is somehow important in the bigger scheme of things. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 39
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Christianity's Deeper meaning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools