Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Christianity's Deeper meaning « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 37 38 39

shawn731

Starter

#570 : March 08, 2011, 10:18:52 AM

OneTruth-take a look at this link if you have'nt.  This is the gentleman i was referring to discussing this topic with a group of students.  Let me know what you think.

www.rzim.org/justthinkingfv/tabid/602/articleid/38/.../default.aspx

And I also found this at his webste that gives a brief history on the subject.

www.rzim.org/justthinkingfv/tabid/602/articleid/38/.../default.aspx

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#571 : March 08, 2011, 10:41:39 AM

unbelievable.

What do you do when your translation is thoroughly debunked?

Turn to the Watchtower!

Sorry, an angelfire/watchtower website is quite possibly an even weaker argument than when you were using a completely debunked, error-filled, false Bible.

...it doesn't matter how many words you use,

nobody is debating Bible version or religious affiliations but you. My point has always been the trinity is absurd because it is impossible. I presented all the evidence to support my opinions. Your reply? Of course you think that way because your Bible version was written by uneducated mountain people from New Guinea. Ok then lets use your version of the Bible. Your reply? Your Bible is garbage! I mind as well go out and discuss this with the trees...ill get the same result

take a communications course son, it'll help you to articulate your argument better. Then we'll discuss this further properly.

If it weren't sad, your reply would be funny.

Here are the names of other faith systems who claim to be "Christians" whilealso denying Jesus Christ:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Scientists, Unitarians, the Unification Church (Moonies"), the Christadelphians, and Oneness Pentecostals, scientologists...

Thats some fellowship there!

It might be best for you to stop talking now, you're really not helping...yourself.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#572 : March 08, 2011, 12:18:03 PM

^^^my point exactly. you have no skills son.

you continue to argue topics nobody is talking about.

are u deaf?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#573 : March 08, 2011, 12:21:41 PM

My point has always been the trinity is absurd because it is impossible. I presented all the evidence to support my opinions.

What is your limit to limiting God?

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#574 : March 08, 2011, 05:22:45 PM

My point has always been the trinity is absurd because it is impossible. I presented all the evidence to support my opinions.

How does man Limit God? I think it is man who limits man...Are you questioning Free Will?...OBD

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#575 : March 08, 2011, 10:37:18 PM

How does man Limit God? I think it is man who limits man...Are you questioning Free Will?...OBD

I think Biggs reduced a very large dialogue from OneTruth to me and used my name on this - because I do not think the Trinity absurd!

...and to Biggs question and yours - man limits God by only allowing him to be one dimensional...you know, because God can be all scary and stuff...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#576 : March 09, 2011, 11:30:18 AM

I think Biggs reduced a very large dialogue from OneTruth to me and used my name on this - because I do not think the Trinity absurd!

Yes, that was a crappy editing job on my part.  It should have been OneTruth who said what I quoted.  I'd love to correct my mistake, but this site still partially sucks.

And OBD, OneTruth is limiting God when he says something is impossible for God.  He still hasn't answered the question, and I'm 100% sure I know why.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#577 : March 09, 2011, 07:17:49 PM

you are 100% sure?

well, I am leaving this thread because everyone involved has already made up their mind (including me) and no amount of information will persuade them otherwise.

I know what I am sure of...and you will not convince me that God is a triune godhead with your psuedo pyscho babble.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#578 : March 09, 2011, 07:19:37 PM

Anybody following the conversation knew that was a misquote. And anybody not following the conversation, well, screw them anyway.

What did Jesus say to Lucifer after the temptation?

"you have no skills son"

It's in the Bible. I read it.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#579 : March 09, 2011, 07:20:55 PM

Doesn't "pseudo pyscho babble" mean that it's not psycho babble?

Just sayin'...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#580 : March 09, 2011, 07:31:50 PM

Well you picked a heckofa time to jump back in! Where were you 12 pages ago!?

and yes, I believe "psuedo pshycho babble" does mean it isn't phsycho babble.

Therefore, I believe some part of him has not only admitted defeat, but also understands he believes something he cannot square.

Which is the most that could be hoped, I suppose. Unfortunately, his minders will heap great loads of Watchtower articles upon him, so he probably won't get to follow those inconsistencies to their logical ends...a ploy I call, "conquest by distraction"...
: March 09, 2011, 07:35:58 PM The White Tiger

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#581 : March 09, 2011, 07:39:14 PM

Doesn't "pseudo pyscho babble" mean that it's not psycho babble?

Just sayin'...

actually it would mean "fictitious psycho babble". Maybe he thinks this is a play.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#582 : March 09, 2011, 07:50:40 PM

you are 100% sure?

110% sure now.

well, I am leaving this thread because everyone involved has already made up their mind (including me) and no amount of information will persuade them otherwise.

Well, at least one good thing came out of this thread.  You finally learned your cut-and-paste jobs won't be changing minds on a message board

I know what I am sure of...and you will not convince me that God is a triune godhead

If you'll notice, I'm haven't tried to convince you of anything.  Well, except for your hypocrisy of limiting the same Jehovah you believe to be the creator of the universe.

Page: 1 ... 37 38 39
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Christianity's Deeper meaning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools