Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Defensive Lineman On the Bucs Are Keepers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
: February 15, 2011, 04:39:48 PM

I know everyone is chiming for a DE or 2, but in my mind the Bucs have 7 keepers on the defensive line right now. McCoy, Price, MIller, Woods, Odam, McGee, and Michael Bennett are all promisining players who have affected games (outside of maybe Price) and all have been in the league 2 years or less.

That is one reason that I'd prefer the Bucs look for hybrid linebacker defensive end types.  If the Bucs draft 2 tradional 4-3 DE's they are going to have to cut a good player.
: February 15, 2011, 04:44:16 PM BucsPirate1

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 15, 2011, 04:49:10 PM

Keep Bennett and McGee. Throw everyone else out and get new guys. I'm willing to let Moore finish camp and preseason to give him one last shot at doing something.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 15, 2011, 04:54:45 PM

I would keep it the same to make for a good camp battle if there is one.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 15, 2011, 04:58:00 PM

I like Crowder, but he's a FA and will probably get a decent offer from another team. No reason to give him a big contract. So he's probably gone.

Kyle Moore is a pile of steaming dog poo. He's gone.

Magee looked promising. He really looked solid in the last 3 or 4 games. He's a keeper at LE, plus he has the size to move inside if needed.

Bennett is probably the only guy on our roster capable of playing RE. He's not great and better fitted at LE, but unless we bring in multiple new REs this off season, I think he's a keeper for depth at RE.

Doug Worthington was moved to the active roster before the season ended for a reason. We haven't seen him in live action yet, but I think he could end up being our starting LE. He's a keeper.

Okam is a keeper. He looked promising last year and he has provides the size at NT that nobody else on our roster does. He could be our starting NT or at the very least depth/situational player.

I think Miller is a keeper, but I'm not sure. He just really hasn't been as dominant as I'd hoped. I like him, he has the strength and attitude...he just hasn't put it all together.

Al Woods looked very promising to me. I think he and Miller will eventually be competing for the same job...and I'm not sure who wins that battle. He's a keeper imo.

McCoy and Price are obvious keepers, but I think the surprise will be that Price is the better UT.

White is old and was never more than average. He's gone.

Doug Worthington, George Johnson, Magee and Micheal Bennett will probably be fighting over 2 LE spots.  Miller, Woods, and Okam might be fighting for 2 DT spots...but we still need a couple pass rushing REs. Bringing two in really shouldn't cause us to cut any players that wouldn't already be cut.
: February 15, 2011, 05:00:15 PM JDouble

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 15, 2011, 05:21:14 PM

Miller, Price, McCoy are the keepers. Everyone else is fighting for a job.

One must consider how bad the Bucs DL was last season on the perimeter. The only reason that those trying can only definitively eliminate one players....Kyle Moore...from the roster speaks to the fact that these guys are all marginal NFL players who should be backups, rotational guys and possibly situational players at best. You're basically comparing poo to poo...or mediocre to mediocre.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 15, 2011, 05:38:59 PM

I think the Bucs will keep Moore at least through training camp to see if the new DL coaches can get anything out of him as they did invest a 4th round pick...I dont think they will be successful. 

I really cant answer this question until after the draft and FA if it ever happens because I am not so sure the Bucs will draft a DE in the 1st round.. We know they will add at least one but probably 2 in the draft and I think we should let them all fight it out in training camp and pre-season and let the best players win out...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 15, 2011, 05:46:53 PM

Slide mccoy to LE and draft jordan for RE.  The keepers become mccoy, price, miller, jordan and magee, okam, woods bennett with worthington and gholston fighting for a spot.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 15, 2011, 05:58:05 PM

I was one of Miller's biggest fans even prior to drafting him, but he should be fighting for a roster spot this year.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 15, 2011, 06:08:15 PM

We would lack a true nosetackle if we got rid of Miller.

Big Okam took McCoy's spot at UT.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : February 15, 2011, 06:11:22 PM

Miller, Price, McCoy are the keepers. Everyone else is fighting for a job.

One must consider how bad the Bucs DL was last season on the perimeter. The only reason that those trying can only definitively eliminate one players....Kyle Moore...from the roster speaks to the fact that these guys are all marginal NFL players who should be backups, rotational guys and possibly situational players at best. You're basically comparing poo to poo...or mediocre to mediocre.

Looking at the statistics from football outsiders, the center of our defensive line is just about the softest in the NFL. We should call our defensive tackles "chewy" and "nougat."

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 15, 2011, 06:22:21 PM

Our DTs may have been soft this past season but I hope you are not advocating bailing on McCoy, Price and Miller and drafting their replacements.

Thats silly

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 15, 2011, 07:38:27 PM

I was one of Miller's biggest fans even prior to drafting him, but he should be fighting for a roster spot this year.
I think he will be fine as the Dline is so flexible in their ability to play different positions - let's just hope his off season efforts are sufficient, hell, lets hope that for the entire team...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 15, 2011, 07:48:05 PM

McCoy
Price
Okam
Miller

Everybody else is PS bound.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 15, 2011, 09:29:45 PM

McCoy
Price
Okam
Miller

Everybody else is PS bound.

Bennett, Woods, and McGee would never make it to the practice squad. If they get cut, they are going to get signed by another team and quickly.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 15, 2011, 09:31:32 PM

I think he will be fine as the Dline is so flexible in their ability to play different positions - let's just hope his off season efforts are sufficient, hell, lets hope that for the entire team...

Miller played really well the last few games of the year, particularly against New Orleans. It looked like the light came on. You can't forget that Miller has been asked to play in 2 systems, and to change his body type twice since he came into the league.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Defensive Lineman On the Bucs Are Keepers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools