Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Re: GoodBye « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#60 : February 22, 2011, 11:34:50 AM

Half of the poor bastards here are still so traumatized by him that the place needs a rape counselor.

So true.    I never understood that either.   
well reading a Java post is kind of like picking up a ladyboy by mistake.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#61 : February 22, 2011, 12:26:39 PM

Gotta disagree with you about Pirates Cove; it's pretty much always been this way. The Red Board has been in a nose dive since the regime change. All the pathological Gruden haters felt they were suddenly vindicated and any chance of reasonable discussion went out the window. Then Java spawned dozens more. Half of the poor bastards here are still so traumatized by him that the place needs a rape counselor. Throw in the influx from the other board's collapse, the ill-timed and poorly performed change to the new format, and the strain was more than this place could handle.

Again, however, review some of the old Cove threads and, if anything, the place is actually a little more polite.

I mean way before the current regime change to Morris or even Hugh. The regime change I was talking about was more the change to Dungy time frame. The boards, especially the Pirates Cove were family friendly. Not even close now. They use to be at least semi moderated, now it is a complete free for all. You are right though about the fans splitting up and choosing sides. That is part of the problem. *snip*

Ahh yes I remember the heated debates.. Bennett Apologists  vs Perkin's lovers.. those were good times

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#62 : February 24, 2011, 10:19:01 AM

Sepe, i think its pretty obvious that like a great many of us, you take great enjoyment from these boards. If I can tolerate Java, and his many alias'/shenanigans, surely you can overlook your dislike for Biggs and carry on accordingly.
yep

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#63 : February 24, 2011, 10:41:26 AM

Sepe, i think its pretty obvious that like a great many of us, you take great enjoyment from these boards. If I can tolerate Java, and his many alias'/shenanigans, surely you can overlook your dislike for Biggs and carry on accordingly.

Easily.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#64 : February 24, 2011, 02:26:54 PM

All this thread needs now is for Turbo to get involved somehow. Just like the good old days.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : February 24, 2011, 02:37:41 PM

All this thread needs now is for Turbo to get involved somehow. Just like the good old days.

And the one-testicled Fresh.

Welcome back.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Re: GoodBye « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools