Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: if Driskel pans out we're BCS Title bound « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

: February 16, 2011, 05:34:33 PM

I have a good feeling about the future about the Gators. Not sure if we're going to win anytime soon within the next 1-2 years but I got a feeling if this guy develops into a good QB we'll be back in the big dance.

Now before you all jump and here and try to clown me. Please remember this is the same poster that said we were going to win the National Championship when we had Tebow/Harvin and whipped on OU's butt.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 16, 2011, 06:46:50 PM

say what you will about Weis but the guy can run an offense and he did a good job developing Quinn and Clausen, at least at the college level.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 16, 2011, 10:07:14 PM

i think that UF's offense will be pretty average this coming season, but the Defense will surprise people.  i think there is a lot of talent on the roster that the former coaches resisted putting on the field.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 02, 2011, 08:01:37 PM

i dont know about UF this year. i see an 8 win season for you guys with that october-november stretch with bama and auburn. i think you will be back to form in 2012 though. As an FSU fan i truly hope driskell is a paper tiger but unfortunately i think hes going to be good. i watched him live at the UA game and hes good. definately the best prospect you guys have had at QB in a while

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 04, 2011, 10:06:34 AM

8 wins is probably realistic, but i think they will make it to double digits wins...very ugly.  defensive games.  i think charlie weis is a great hire, but its gonna take a couple years to really set his offense in place.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 04, 2011, 11:39:08 AM

I see 9-10 wins. Bama is rebuilding without McElroy, but they still have a damn good D, but it is at the Swamp Probably a 9-3 type game.  Auburn w/o Newton doesn't scare me. UGA is a complete unknown. I think Spurrier will get his 2nd win vs his alma mater. Don't know much about FSU's QB but the days of them being an easy win are gone.

Man that October (Bama, @LSU, @Auburn, UGa) has got to be one of the toughest stretches in the nation. The rest of the season is 2 losses at most, but October could be 2-3 losses or more

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 04, 2011, 07:57:34 PM

i hear you about auburn, the only thing that gives them a chance is having malzahn. if you guys make it out of october you should be alright. i expect our game with you at the end of the season to be tough. the offense should finally click and the defense should be good. do you guys have a center? i mean anyone will be better than pouncey

if you wanna know about our qb just go look up EJ manuel highlights on youtube. specifically the gator bowl last year and the clemson game this year. hes a big kid and a great runner. hes got a big arm, he just needs to get more passing experience and work on his touch and not float the ball. this kid has the tools to be better than charlie ward and im not exaggerating.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 05, 2011, 02:05:30 PM

i hear you about auburn, the only thing that gives them a chance is having malzahn. if you guys make it out of october you should be alright. i expect our game with you at the end of the season to be tough. the offense should finally click and the defense should be good. do you guys have a center? i mean anyone will be better than pouncey

Pouncey was a great center from a blocking standpoint, he just could never get that shotgun snap down.

if you wanna know about our qb just go look up EJ manuel highlights on youtube. specifically the gator bowl last year and the clemson game this year. hes a big kid and a great runner. hes got a big arm, he just needs to get more passing experience and work on his touch and not float the ball. this kid has the tools to be better than charlie ward and im not exaggerating.

We have Jenkins back at CB and UF always has a good secondary, so if he is floating balls he's in trouble. But since he has 11 games to get the kinks out, he could be a problem (for UF). I'd say right now, Florida is the underdog.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 05, 2011, 04:29:04 PM

pouncey should have stayed at guard. he was great there. snapping is a centers job and he was less than spectacular. either way hes going to be high pick in the draft and be good pro guard.

EJ was alot better in the clemson game and against VT about not floating the ball. i think his problem was lack of passing experience and no rhythm born out of not getting much game experience. i fully expect him to do well once he is the full time starter. as long as he is patient and careful he shouldnt have any problems throwing the ball. of course we will have to see once the season starts.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 06, 2011, 06:40:11 PM

Just looked at FSU's schedule. 10-11 wins looks very doable. A depleted OK at home, Miami at home late. That Thurs nite at BC game could be a scare (because Thurs nite games always are).

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 06, 2011, 07:32:32 PM

schedule is tougher than it should be just because of how its set up. OK will still be tough. road trip to clemson right after OK is dangerous since they always play well. short turnaround to go play BC in bostin will be rough. BC always plays us well. and the final three scare me. miami and UF in three weeks. alot of emotion in a short period of time. UVA stinks but because of where it is it has trap written on it. that being said we should be favored in every game except maybe oklahoma. hopefully we can buck the trend of losing games that we shouldnt. we always drop a game or two that we shouldnt, for example NC state and UNC this year

Runole

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 07, 2011, 10:13:50 AM

FSU is definitely on the upswing and looks to be the number one team in Florida next season.  UF's defense will be the key to their success and all those highly rated defensive prospects need to come through and prove it on the field.  Not sure about the Weis hire.  I think it could be a problem with him working under someone like Muschamp.   Charlie has an ego the size of Texas just don't know how well that plays with someone of Muschamp's lesser experience.

As to Driskel I think he would have been a great fit for the Meyer offense likewise Trey Burton and and Reed.  How any of these will adapt to the Weis offense will be an interesting situation.  Certainly Brantley will benefit the most and that should help him immensely in developing the talent necessary for the next level.

UF is undergoing a massive transition on offense with Weis as Offensive Coordinator.  Unfortunately for UF many players currently on offense were not selected for a Weis type offense.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 07, 2011, 01:51:43 PM

Brantley was horribly misused under Meyer. So were some of the WRs and RBs. Can Weis turn it around in a year? Gotta agree with runole, the D was stocked with "prospects" especially the DL, now we have to see if they can become "players". The secondary should be fine, it is the front 7 that are the ?s. We play a very run heavy schedule, with not a lot of great QBs but some damn good run teams.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 07, 2011, 02:50:43 PM

i think it will take UF a year or two to get the offense where it needs to be from a personnel standpoint. alot of the players currently there fit a spread system better than a pro set but the pieces are falling into place with the upcoming classes. The defense will need to carry the team since that is where UF's strength is. They stockpiled some serious talent there a year ago. if anyone can run a good defense its muschamp.

i just wonder how the whole coaching dynamic is going to work with Weiss. that is a serious gamble to bring a guy like him in to work for a younger first year coach. i also question his OC ability at the college level. He definately did well with KC and NE, but i wonder if he can tune it down so that it isnt too complex for college players to pick up. If driskell is a smart kid and can pick up that offense he will be very dangerous. it all depends on his football IQ i guess, he definately has it from a physical standpoint

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 07, 2011, 03:26:51 PM

Really only the small speed backs like Demps and Rainey and two-way quarterbacks like Burton and Reed are strictly spread players. All the rest of the players were heavily recruited by FSU, Miami, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and all the top non-spread teams.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: if Driskel pans out we're BCS Title bound « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools