Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Mariotti..............Blount should have gone to jail « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

LABuc

Starter

#15 : February 16, 2011, 11:00:03 PM

"Turns out in the end, he took his lumps,'' Mariotti said. "He gets drafted lower in the NFL because of it, he loses money because of it. Tampa Bay is wise enough to take a shot at him and look at him. He'll end up becoming a great success in the NFL. Good for him.''

Doesnt know he went undrafted, but somehow he says he's glad he's doing well? Sounds to me like he doesn't want to be considered a hypocrite for committing, getting a slap in the hands, and suggesting another should  go to jail for another violence crime.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

Pewter214

Second String
#16 : February 16, 2011, 11:02:42 PM

if you look at what i stated prior I said THE FANS he went after where attacking him. Looking at the film though looks like the player he hit went after him before Blount did anything. Also I was not insulting you just stating a point. I dont think there was a need for your remark.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : February 16, 2011, 11:08:35 PM

That guy wasn't "going after" Blount.   He ran up to him and talked trash to him because Blount had been talking trash all week before the game.   That guy was just letting Blount know he was wrong with his trash talking all week.  Blount didn't like it and hit the guy as hard as he could when the guy wasn't  looking rather than trash talking back to him.   Blount is a thug.   period.

Pewter214

Second String
#18 : February 16, 2011, 11:09:45 PM

are you going to honestly say you dont see the guy put his hands on blount?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 16, 2011, 11:10:19 PM

Yeah, and Donald Drive used to be a homeless street rat.

Is he a thug?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : February 16, 2011, 11:16:00 PM

I wouldn't waste your time on that one. He knows what happened.

LABuc

Starter

#21 : February 16, 2011, 11:21:18 PM

Theres fighting in hockey... should they go to prison too?

Fighting and sucker punching are two different things.   If Blount had turned the guy around and challenged him to a fight like a man, I would have seen nothing wrong with it.   Instead thug boy Blount sucker punched a guy not even looking.   That was a criminal act and he deserves to go to jail for that.

You do realize the BSU player turns once he says what he wants to say? It is a sport, if you're going to talk s***, you better back it up. Really, there's nothing that constitutes jail time, it is not expected, but it is a result from the game. I blame security a lot more than Blount for this event. If it is an emotional game with a lot of tension, don't even let the teams come close to each other. As for the fans, the guy that punched him SHOULD go to jail. It is in the Terms and Conditions on every ticket sold that one cannot interact with the players, much less punch them. It could even be as bad as assault.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 16, 2011, 11:24:35 PM

In Boise you can only go to jail for battery/assault if the victim chooses to press charges.

As far as I know Bryan Hout did not press charges.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 16, 2011, 11:34:59 PM

Exactly

In the 2009 season opening game against Oregon, Boise State defeated the Ducks for the 2nd consecutive season. After the game, Hout was involved in an incident with Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount.Hout walked past Blount, touched his shoulder pads and said words to him mocking Blount's statement "we owe (Boise State) an ass whoopin" made prior to the game in a Sports Illustrated interview. Blount responded by punching Hout in the face and knocking him to the ground. Blount subsequently punched an Oregon teammate trying to restrain him and had to be restrained by security and Oregon staff after interacting with fans on his way to the locker room. Blount apologized for his involvement in the incident but was suspended for the season the following day (the suspension was later shortened to 8 games). Hout was punished internally and was not suspended for any playing time.

LABuc

Starter

#24 : February 16, 2011, 11:36:24 PM

In Boise you can only go to jail for battery/assault if the victim chooses to press charges.

As far as I know Bryan Hout did not press charges.

Not surprised, but regardless, I still don't think the punch would be enough to land him in jail. Its a physical sport, imagine the precedent that it would set. I see an attack, but not necessarily with malicious intent. Besides, Hout would be guilty for "words that incite violence" (i.e. s*** talking).... Idk about Idaho but in California its a statute, almost every state has something similar, in a court, it just wouldn't hold much water.... JMO....

It was a sucker punch, but IDK how one can label him a criminal and a thug for that.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 16, 2011, 11:47:44 PM

Blount did something ridiculously stupid.  He paid the price.  He wasn't drafted, and he most deservedly should have been.

Hout was assaulted for certain, what Blount did to him was a beetch move.  He knows it was, he lost his cool, he apologized to Hout, and Hout accepted it.  Blount lost the rest of his season as a result of not being able to back up what he was saying and taking his childish antics to the side of Houts jaw.  What Blount did was assault,make no mistake, and it was a punk move. 

What Mariotti did was beat a woman.

Who is the bigger punk biiitch?

LABuc

Starter

#26 : February 17, 2011, 12:09:45 AM

What Mariotti did was beat a woman.

Who is the bigger punk biiitch?

+1.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 17, 2011, 12:16:34 AM

Fighting and sucker punching are two different things.

A punch is a punch. If Blount should've gone to jail, then there are plenty of Hockey players that should go also.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 17, 2011, 12:37:32 AM

^^^This.

"sucker punch" isn't exactly a legal term

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 17, 2011, 02:04:56 AM

Fighting and sucker punching are two different things.

A punch is a punch. If Blount should've gone to jail, then there are plenty of Hockey players that should go also.
Disagree.  Hockey players know what's up.  At the end of the game when Blount suckerpunched Hout, he committed assault.  The game was over, there are no rules regarding and accepting fisticuffs at any point in the game regarding football at ANY level.  Hockey, well...fights are part and parcel to the scheme.

Blount assaulted Hout at the end of the game, Hout accepted Blounts apology, and that is that.  But that does not excuse what Bliunt did as being a cheap shot taking punk (for that moment).  Now what he is doing is what I like to call growing up.  He is realizing that life is not on a silver platter for him, and he is controlling his emotions nicely.  Plain and simple, dude has an issue with his temper.  He smacked some dude and backdanced like he was ready to get it on during a Tenny practice, non-violent-contact!  It was disgusting considering what he lost to begin with.

I am glad he is a Buc.  I DO think he learned his lesson, but damn if he didn;t get lucky to land where he is at!  Glad for us, glad for him.

But hockey...man, that is almost what people GO to watch when they buy a ticket.  Sort of like Boxing.  You expect a punch. 

Football...espescially at the end of the game?  There are no rules to cover a fist meeting jaw.  That is just straight up assault.  I am sure Hout was contacted by legal authorities about th ematter, and I am glad Blount was suspended, and I am glad Blount apologized.

blount has an issue with his temper.  Period.  He is controlling it fine, as far as I am concerned.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Mariotti..............Blount should have gone to jail « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools