Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Mariotti..............Blount should have gone to jail « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 17, 2011, 02:27:38 AM

Anyway... this is soooo last decade news.... lol

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#31 : February 17, 2011, 02:48:35 AM

are you going to honestly say you dont see the guy put his hands on blount?

The fact that he won't answer you is all the proof you need. This guy, "JDOG,"  is the 2011 version of ,"He who must not be named." He sees what he wants to see, and makes statements to try to get a rise out of the fans on this site. Don't fall for it.

Everyone who has seen the WHOLE clip (Not just "The Punch" that Fox likes to show), can clearly see that guy from Boise put his hands on Blount first. Had he not touched Blount, the punch probably would not have ever happned. I'm sure there was a lot of trash talking going on. But when you cross the line, and touch another man, you'd better be prepaired for what you are asking for. Only an idiot would touch a man, after a tough loss, and then turn his back. That was just stupid!

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#32 : February 17, 2011, 02:54:29 AM

Agree Doc. Talking is one thing, but Hout crossed the line when he puthis hands on him. Clearly Blount took it too far and deserved repercussions, but Hout wasnt innocent by any means and that is verified by the fact  that he was disciplined too. Also, trash talking typiclly stops after the game is over. Rubbing in a loss is **CENSORED** bag stuff and Blount saying they owe Boise an a$$ whoopin isnt disrespectfull, its simply stating they wanted revenge.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : February 17, 2011, 03:35:28 AM

Hout crossed the line when he puthis hands on him. Clearly Blount took it too far and deserved repercussions, but Hout wasnt innocent by any means and that is verified by the fact  that he was disciplined too.

Had Blount "put his hands on him" and talked trash in response, there would have been no harm at all.   All that Hout guy did was touch Blount's shoulder pad.    What Blount did was criminal - and you are right - he "took it too far and deserved repercussions".    What kind of jackass thug hits a man full force in the side of the jaw when he's looking away at his coach?    I have no problem with Blount picking a fight with the guy for "putting his hands on him".  However, If Blount were a man rather than a thug, he would have grabbed the guy's shoulder pad and turned him toward him, then picked a fight rather than hitting a man when he's not looking.    Blount deserved some jail time for his chicken **CENSORED** thug reaction.
: February 17, 2011, 03:38:12 AM JDog

JDog

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 17, 2011, 03:59:45 AM

Blount did something ridiculously stupid.  He paid the price.  He wasn't drafted, and he most deservedly should have been.

Hout was assaulted for certain, what Blount did to him was a beetch move.  He knows it was, he lost his cool, he apologized to Hout, and Hout accepted it.  Blount lost the rest of his season as a result of not being able to back up what he was saying and taking his childish antics to the side of Houts jaw.  What Blount did was assault,make no mistake, and it was a punk move. 

Well put.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 17, 2011, 04:01:54 AM

Blount made a mistake. Everything about the whole situation was Blounts fault. Even the interaction with the fans and his teammates. He provoked it all on himself but everybody does make mistakes and he has definitly learned from it and has taking responsibility for his actions. Nothing really more can be said about. I didn't agree with it and still don't. I think as a professional athlete you have standards you should live by and things you should not do. But I am glad he is a Buc and hopefully he has truly changed and something like that will not happen again.

Also working in law enforcement I don't know how it exactly works in professional sports or college sports but if Hout wanted to press charges for what Blount did I am sure he could of been arrested for what he did. I don't think people actually understand how many times law enforcement responds to fights or witness them and nobody is arrested because no one wants to press charges.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 17, 2011, 04:05:47 AM

Hell just go ahead and draft Byron Hout next year, that would be hilarious.  I believe he plays LB now anyway.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 17, 2011, 04:07:40 AM

Hell just go ahead and draft Byron Hout next year, that would be hilarious.  I believe he plays LB now anyway.

haha that would be nice

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 17, 2011, 04:11:49 AM

Hout crossed the line when he puthis hands on him. Clearly Blount took it too far and deserved repercussions, but Hout wasnt innocent by any means and that is verified by the fact  that he was disciplined too.

Had Blount "put his hands on him" and talked trash in response, there would have been no harm at all.   All that Hout guy did was touch Blount's shoulder pad.    What Blount did was criminal - and you are right - he "took it too far and deserved repercussions".    What kind of jackass thug hits a man full force in the side of the jaw when he's looking away at his coach?    I have no problem with Blount picking a fight with the guy for "putting his hands on him".  However, If Blount were a man rather than a thug, he would have grabbed the guy's shoulder pad and turned him toward him, then picked a fight rather than hitting a man when he's not looking.    Blount deserved some jail time for his chicken **CENSORED** thug reaction.

Blounts actions show that the fight didn't start with his punch, it ENDED IT! Hout initiated the altercation, how is it Blount's fault that the guy turned his back?  That was stupid on his part. Maybe he thought he could run his mouth, hit a guy in the shoulder pad, and everything was going to be fine. That was his mistake.

Did Blount over-react? Yeah. But Emotions were running high, after a HUGE LOSS on the opponets home field. Probably not the best time to be, Hitting someone on the shoulder pad, and running your mouth.  I admire the guy (Hout) for having the courage to actually say what he was thinking to Blount's face, but he should have been prepared for the reprecussions (or Concussions) of his actions!

JDog

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 17, 2011, 04:32:42 AM

You obviously didn't even see the video.   The guy never hit him in the shoulder pad.   He lightly touched his shoulder pad.   Then his coach grabs him and is talking to him so he turns to talk to his coach.   As he's turning to talk to his coach, Blount attacks him and hits him in the jaw while he's not looking (and Blount knows he is not looking).   That punch did not ENDED IT, it was already over even without that punch.  What that punch did was create total chaos where Blount had to be dragged off the field by his own teammates while he went off like a mad man.  The dude obviously has issues.   And what he did was criminal and he should have gone to jail for it.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#40 : February 17, 2011, 04:34:05 AM

Also working in law enforcement I don't know how it exactly works in professional sports or college sports but if Hout wanted to press charges for what Blount did I am sure he could of been arrested for what he did. I don't think people actually understand how many times law enforcement responds to fights or witness them and nobody is arrested because no one wants to press charges.

Did any of the players from the "Malace at the Palace" incident with Ron Artest get arrested? If no one went to jail in that brawl, I think it's a safe bet to assume that an athelete won't get arrested for having a fight at an arena.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 17, 2011, 04:36:01 AM

Did any of the players from the "Malace at the Palace" incident with Ron Artest get arrested? If no one went to jail in that brawl, I think it's a safe bet to assume that an athelete won't get arrested for having a fight at an arena.

I dont know if they did or not, but they definitely should have done some jail time.   

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 17, 2011, 04:44:36 AM

You obviously didn't even see the video.   The guy never hit him in the shoulder pad.   He lightly touched his shoulder pad.   Then his coach grabs him and is talking to him so he turns to talk to his coach.   As he's turning to talk to his coach, Blount attacks him and hits him in the jaw while he's not looking (and Blount knows he is not looking).   That punch did not ENDED IT, it was already over even without that punch.  What that punch did was create total chaos where Blount had to be dragged off the field by his own teammates while he went off like a mad man.  The dude obviously has issues.   And what he did was criminal and he should have gone to jail for it.

Really?  He "lightly touched his shoulder pad?" BAAAAHAHAHAHAA!!! Whatever dude. Why would his coach need to "Grab" him if he didn't feel like his player was starting something? Hout instigated the incident and Blount ENDED IT between the two of them. What happened later was chaos, but it didn't start with the punch, it started with the instigatation. That's what alot of internet tough guys can't come to grips with. See, in real life, THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS! Sure you can type what you want on a message board, but in real life, if you hit someone and run your mouth, you run the risk of getting a "Right Cross full of Ambien!" HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Could Blount have reacted differently? Yeah. And he too had to deal with the CONSEQUENCES OF HIS ACTIONS!

JDog

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 17, 2011, 04:58:05 AM

Actually, the coach ENDED IT when he told his player to stop talking trash.   Blount then assaulted the guy while he wasn't looking.   That STARTED the chaos, it didn't end anything.   

It's just unfortunate Blount didn't have the balls to confront the guy face to face like a man rather than a chicken **CENSORED** sucker punch.
: February 17, 2011, 04:59:44 AM JDog

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 17, 2011, 04:58:53 AM

Its been reported before I believe.

In a SI article a week before the game Blount said     The Ducks owed the Broncos   "a ass whuppin"

After the game Houk went up to Blount and slapped him on the pads and said     "How bout that ass whuppin?"

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Mariotti..............Blount should have gone to jail « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools