Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Mariotti..............Blount should have gone to jail « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#60 : February 17, 2011, 09:19:48 AM

boys will be boys. the whole incident blown out of proportion. 

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#61 : February 17, 2011, 09:24:20 AM

boys will be boys. the whole incident blown out of proportion.

TOTALLY!!!

I figure another 1000 yard season and the media may stop talking about it so much.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#62 : February 17, 2011, 10:19:01 AM

You're not allowed to punch someone for tapping you on the shoulder.  The whole "laid hands on him" argument is ridiculous.  The guy was even turning away.  That said, I should have gone to jail for a lot of things in the past and I didn't.  I moved on and now I like to think I'm a pretty good guy.  So far, Blount appears to be going the same.  He got a lucky break.  He needs to continue to make the most of it. 

smove28

Starter

#63 : February 17, 2011, 10:22:58 AM

[size=12pt]Dear Jay,
First you have to get the basics, MEN fight other MEN, so until you start hitting MEN and not WOMEN, your opinion of what grown men should do or how we should be punished for dealing with GROWN MAN S%$T is not valid. 
[/size]

Can we move on to something constructive about our team now? GO BUCS!!

champkind

Hall of Famer

#64 : February 17, 2011, 10:32:56 AM

[size=12pt]Dear Jay,
First you have to get the basics, MEN fight other MEN, so until you start hitting MEN and not WOMEN, your opinion of what grown men should do or how we should be punished for dealing with GROWN MAN S%$T is not valid. 
[/size]

Can we move on to something constructive about our team now? GO BUCS!!

this thread should have been more of this, making fun of that weak-a$$ woman beater, not arguing over Blount, because clearly only a total moron thinks he should have gone to jail.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#65 : February 17, 2011, 10:43:18 AM

Great discussion. If there is a lawyer in the crowd speak up! Here it is as I know it. Its not wether the guy touched Blount first its the intent of the action. Did the guy touch Blount in a way that made him fear for his safety and try to protect himself.

Now, IMO you would have a hard time in court justify that Legarrette was worried for his safety based on the Boise st. players actions.

Its intent that matters, which makes it a gray area. We've all had a friend slap us on the head that was received in a joking manner and also a slap on the head that was not meant in a friendly manner that infuriated us.

Either way you would have a hard time arguing that the reaction by Blount was the appropriate one. He made a bad decision. He has admitted that. He has been in Tampa all year and not even a hint of a personal foul, trash talking or that he is a problem. The man has moved on in his life.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#66 : February 17, 2011, 06:44:30 PM

He got a lucky break. 

he got suspended for about a season.  not that lucky of a break imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#67 : February 17, 2011, 06:45:34 PM

Great discussion. If there is a lawyer in the crowd speak up!

please dont!  lawyers ruin everything!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#68 : February 17, 2011, 11:26:52 PM

Mariotti and Whitlock, now there's two peas in a pod. Or should I say two tools in the shed. Not a big fan of either. Mariotti got run out of Chicago when he and Ozzie Guillen got into a back-and-forth feud. Don't really pay attention to him or Whitlock. Not worth my time.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#69 : February 17, 2011, 11:52:55 PM

He has been in Tampa all year and not even a hint of a personal foul, trash talking or that he is a problem.

Has he really?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#70 : February 18, 2011, 02:05:13 AM

He has been in Tampa all year and not even a hint of a personal foul, trash talking or that he is a problem.

Has he really?

Yes Java he has.

He has apparently understood his problems.  That incident in Tenny has nothing to do with him as a Buc.

He is evolving like an intelligent human being can do.  Stop being a dinosaur, or you will go extinct.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#71 : February 18, 2011, 02:29:27 AM

Who cares

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#72 : February 18, 2011, 02:31:12 AM

Btw, under no reasonable circumstances would I ever try to confront a man the size of Legarrette Blount. What a retard (fan that punched him)

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#73 : February 18, 2011, 08:21:49 AM

Has he really?

Yes Java he has.

He has apparently understood his problems.  That incident in Tenny has nothing to do with him as a Buc.

He is evolving like an intelligent human being can do.  Stop being a dinosaur, or you will go extinct.
I vote for extinction.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#74 : February 18, 2011, 08:48:02 AM

Btw, under no reasonable circumstances would I ever try to confront a man the size of Legarrette Blount. What a retard (fan that punched him)

At least that fan was man enough to do that while Blount was looking rather than waiting for him to turn his head away to take a cheap shot.   

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Mariotti..............Blount should have gone to jail « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools