Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get a clue Tampa Bay fans!!! You are the worst fans in the league « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« : February 17, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »

Devin in Tampa writes that the Glazer family seems very uninterested and uninvolved in the Buccaneers and asks about the possibility of Eddie DeBartolo buying the team and being a hands-on owner.

Pat Yasinskas: Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how some people in the Tampa Bay area continue to perceive the Glazers. Let’s clarify what I think is Devin’s biggest misconception. The Glazers are very involved and interested in their team. If you’re around One Buc Place, you’ll almost always see a Glazer brother around. Their employees will tell you they’re very involved in business operations. It’s true that they’re not heavily involved in football operations, but I view that as a good thing. Leave the football stuff to general manager Mark Dominik and coach Raheem Morris. They seem to have things going in the right direction. Also, I think the Glazers get labeled because they’re not out in front of the cameras all the time. Is that really necessary for owners? How’s that worked out for Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones? Finally, Eddie DeBartolo had to disassociate himself from the San Francisco 49ers for legal reasons. Even if the Bucs were for sale, and they’re not, it might be difficult for DeBartolo to get back into the league.

Nice little Q&A from the NFC South Blog on ESPN.

From 3-13 to 10-6 playing for a playoff birth in week 17. This fan's moronic question sums up why all home games were blacked out this year. It always amazes me how stupid people can be. I sit here in NY and I wonder sometimes who is the crazy one. Me, because I believe we are right on track for a long term winning franchise or fans like Devin who defy reality to fit what their feeble minds would like to know as true?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #1 : February 17, 2011, 11:00:23 AM »

We could have had Jerry Jones selecting all our draft picks the last two years. His Quincy Carter pick in  the 2nd round is up there in all-time draft blunders with the Gru/Allen Dexter Jackson pick.

Watchman

Starter

« #2 : February 17, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »

Do you really consider Quincy Carter and Dexter Jackson among the all-time draft blunders?  Ryan Leaf?  Akili Smith? J. Russell? Blair Thomas?  You consider Carter and Jackson in that category?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 17, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »

Do you really consider Quincy Carter and Dexter Jackson among the all-time draft blunders?  Ryan Leaf?  Akili Smith? J. Russell? Blair Thomas?  You consider Carter and Jackson in that category?

The difference is that all those other guys were not draft blunders. They were draft busts. There's a difference. If the teams that selected those guys had not, some other team would have scarfed them up in the same round. If Carter and Jackson had not been selected, no other team would have grabbed them in the second round because both of them were major reaches.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
« #4 : February 17, 2011, 01:43:07 PM »

From 3-13 to 10-6 playing for a playoff birth in week 17. This fan's moronic question sums up why all home games were blacked out this year. It always amazes me how stupid people can be. I sit here in NY and I wonder sometimes who is the crazy one. Me, because I believe we are right on track for a long term winning franchise or fans like Devin who defy reality to fit what their feeble minds would like to know as true?

If you're going to call people stupid, learn to spell first. It will give your thoughts a little more credibility.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 17, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »

No I actually meant it like birth of a child, thanks for the correction though.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 17, 2011, 05:35:06 PM »

I've been telling you all for the longest time, the fan base is divided. And the Glazers have PR problems that they may never be able to repair. That's what's not going to allow Ray Jay to sell out. It's not only about Ws and Ls. People think the Glazers are cheap and care more about Man U than the Bucs. Former season ticket holders are angry over the large price increases in the past. The Glazers also took a big hit when they started to sue fans who decided not to renew their tickets. That was a huge mistake.

There is also the perception that the Bucs were a fluke last year. Much of that is fueled by the team's record vs. winning teams. As soon as this season ended, the Tampa Tribune began to run stories on the reasons why the Bucs won't be very good next year. And they have a point. Look at the teams and QBs the Bucs faced in 2010 and compare it to the QBs and teams will face in 2011. Huge difference.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 17, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »

I've been telling you all for the longest time, the fan base is divided. And the Glazers have PR problems that they may never be able to repair. That's what's not going to allow Ray Jay to sell out. It's not only about Ws and Ls. People think the Glazers are cheap and care more about Man U than the Bucs. Former season ticket holders are angry over the large price increases in the past. The Glazers also took a big hit when they started to sue fans who decided not to renew their tickets. That was a huge mistake.

There is also the perception that the Bucs were a fluke last year. Much of that is fueled by the team's record vs. winning teams. As soon as this season ended, the Tampa Tribune began to run stories on the reasons why the Bucs won't be very good next year. And they have a point. Look at the teams and QBs the Bucs faced in 2010 and compare it to the QBs and teams will face in 2011. Huge difference.

I must say I'm absolutely shocked you've chosen yet again to take the pessimistic viewpoint and continue to doubt despite being shown evidence that shreds your little opinions and predictions all to crap.   Shocked I tell you.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 17, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »

1-5 against winning teams shreds my opinion?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 17, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »

So that makes the team what, 9-1 against non-winning teams?

Would it make it easier for you to swallow how wrong you are if the team was 3-3 vs. winning teams and 7-3 vs. non-winning team?

10-6, Sally.  Your opinions about Morris, Dominik, etc. have been shredded.  You're the only one who hasn't recognized it.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 17, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »

All 5 of those losses were to teams that made the playoffs, so I don't think the Bucs were in alone company.

watson

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 17, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »

We could have had Jerry Jones selecting all our draft picks the last two years. His Quincy Carter pick in  the 2nd round is up there in all-time draft blunders with the Gru/Allen Dexter Jackson pick.
CD,
Dex Jackson was not even the worst Buc draft pick of all time.  The worst was the year they went to Bethune Cookman, timed Booker Reece in the 40 yard dash on a track that was not 40 yards long. Then at draft time they turned in the wrong card and had to swap a next year 1st round draft choice for Chicago's second round choice in order to get the player they really meant to draft.  Reece never did anything as a player and the Bears turned in the Buc's next year's choice into Willie Gault.  That was the worst draft blunder in Bucs history....imo

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #12 : February 17, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »

You are blind if you dont see that a signficant portion of the fan base are angry at the Glazers.

Saying the Glazers are better than Jerry Jones is completely stupid. Nobody wants a Jerry Jones type of owner. It seems most want someone who is fan and player friendly who wants to win like DeBartolo. These Glazer boys have not done much of anything with this team since they acquired Manchester United. And it is currently the cheapest team in the NFL, by far. Right now the payroll would be nearly $20 million less than the next closest team! Barely anyone watches. The Bucs drew the lowest TV ratings in the NFL. The Bucs were the only team in the league that had all 8 home games blacked out. And that was with a 10-win season! Yet you think ESPN or NBC will want this team on national television? Dream on!

The fan base has been decimated for one reason or another over the past 5 years. And if it is the economy, the Glazers have done a very poor job adapting to the changing environment. They lowered some tickets but still charge $25 for parking and concessions are sky high. Free refills on a $6.50 soda isnt going to do it. They need to take a few lessons from the Lightning owners. The days of 100,000+ long waiting lists are long gone.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #13 : February 17, 2011, 08:35:11 PM »

I feel sorry for anyone who considers themselves a Bucs fan yet has to write into Pat Yakkysack for info about his football team.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #14 : February 17, 2011, 10:14:46 PM »

You are blind if you dont see that a signficant portion of the fan base are angry at the Glazers.

Saying the Glazers are better than Jerry Jones is completely stupid. Nobody wants a Jerry Jones type of owner. It seems most want someone who is fan and player friendly who wants to win like DeBartolo. These Glazer boys have not done much of anything with this team since they acquired Manchester United. And it is currently the cheapest team in the NFL, by far. Right now the payroll would be nearly $20 million less than the next closest team! Barely anyone watches. The Bucs drew the lowest TV ratings in the NFL. The Bucs were the only team in the league that had all 8 home games blacked out. And that was with a 10-win season! Yet you think ESPN or NBC will want this team on national television? Dream on!

The fan base has been decimated for one reason or another over the past 5 years. And if it is the economy, the Glazers have done a very poor job adapting to the changing environment. They lowered some tickets but still charge $25 for parking and concessions are sky high. Free refills on a $6.50 soda isnt going to do it. They need to take a few lessons from the Lightning owners. The days of 100,000+ long waiting lists are long gone.

Cyberdude you must be one depressed negative nancy if there ever was one.. Glazers brought us our only Lombardi, they got rid of Allen and Grudens rejects and built through the frickin draft..   They've lowered ticket prices and that will mean many fans will come back.. The Bucs will draft defense because the offense is set for the next 5-7 years..  So they will be on national TV despite what bull crap you say.. This team is the most fun to watch and I've been watching them since the late 70's..This team under Morris has the potential to be better than the Superbowl team and way more longevity than Gruden had..

Just hope these greedy owners and players realize that with so many people barely making it, that they dont strike because it would be devastating..

And the thread is misleading Tampa fans are just like any other southern transplant city, with so many northerners living in our great state you have to be great un fortunately to have the great fan base that the northern cities benefit from..  Miami-Atlanta-Phoenix-San Diego-Jax-LA and even recentley NO have had trouble with those fans coming in and taking over there stadiums with 5000-to 7000 fans at any given game..
« : February 17, 2011, 10:25:32 PM ToddyBuc »

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get a clue Tampa Bay fans!!! You are the worst fans in the league « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools