Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Faux News caught doctoring Ron Paul's CPAC victory coverage! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

: February 17, 2011, 06:53:41 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/113339/20110216/ron-paul-cpac.htm

I highly doubt it was an accident, even though they announced making a mistake during a show time that doesn't get nearly as many viewers. You can see the video in this link, in which they show last years coverage at the beginning of the video which was dominated by Romney supporters in which a majority of people boo'ed, giving viewers the impression that it was from this year. If you fast forward 4:40 in, the actual clip that shouldve been show were loud roars and cheers for a good amount of time when Congressman Paul was announced as the winner for a 2nd year in a row. The search words "Fox News Caught" also made Google trends as the #1 search when the story hit the web.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : February 17, 2011, 07:07:50 PM

the actual clip that shouldve been show were loud roars and cheers

Failure to cover "loud roars and cheers" is a serious offence!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

2goodbucs

Starter
#2 : February 17, 2011, 07:18:31 PM

It's either they did it on purpose or the video editing guy got fired.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 17, 2011, 08:31:54 PM

Still can't believe anyone watches Fox News or MSNBC to stay informed. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 17, 2011, 08:41:09 PM

Not wise to rely on just one or two sources - best to watch them all.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 17, 2011, 09:24:52 PM

Not wise to rely on just one or two sources - best to watch them all.

Yeah, let me quit my job and I'll get right on that.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 17, 2011, 11:09:16 PM

the actual clip that shouldve been show were loud roars and cheers

Failure to cover "loud roars and cheers" is a serious offence!

Absolutely! I agree smart a##! When you have your typical mindless sheople that buy into the corporate owned mainstream media bs, it creates a problem for voters that can't think for themselves. They see a guy getting boo'ed, they're going to think, "man, that guy cant be any good if most of the crowd is booting him". That's just how dumb they think their viewers are by trying to fool them with their propaganda tactics. But I'm sure you buy it that it was a simple mistake right? How many people you think work there and how much damage control there has to be.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#7 : February 17, 2011, 11:20:40 PM

infowars.com/fox-news-dirty-tricks-against-ron-paul-no-mistake/

PJW mentions numerous attempts by Fox News to smear Ron Paul's campaign last time, which I believe will be even worse this time since his popularity has grown significantly since.

2goodbucs

Starter
#8 : February 17, 2011, 11:27:30 PM

infowars.com/fox-news-dirty-tricks-against-ron-paul-no-mistake/

PJW mentions numerous attempts by Fox News to smear Ron Paul's campaign last time, which I believe will be even worse this time since his popularity has grown significantly since.

They did the same to Rand Paul too. The Paul's are fighting giants for sure.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 17, 2011, 11:28:46 PM

The irony of using the word sheople in one post and than referencing infowars in the next is staggering...

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#10 : February 18, 2011, 07:53:03 PM

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 18, 2011, 11:27:48 PM

I don't watch either one.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 19, 2011, 01:57:59 AM

The irony of using the word sheople in one post and than referencing infowars in the next is staggering...

Then doubling-down the irony you note the two items you list here - and the title of the thread.

...and I just can't NOT include - the further irony of folks stating how stupid it is to get your news from either FOX or MSNBC - and then invoke infowars...? Must...resist... facepalm....

Perhaps we should sign up to ALL the news sources...HufPo, Infowars, prisonplanet...?

Sheeple are not mindless wanderers - sheeple was coined to illustrate those who follow the edicts of government and are tied to the concept of a benevolent state that will care for you...that's NOT the tea party.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 19, 2011, 11:36:27 AM

Sheeple are not mindless wanderers - sheeple was coined to illustrate those who follow the edicts of government and are tied to the concept of a benevolent state that will care for you...that's NOT the tea party.

Actually, I thought it was coined to illustrate those who follow the edicts of religion and are tied to the concept of a benevolent supernatural being that will care for you ...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 19, 2011, 03:47:28 PM

Actually, I thought it was coined to illustrate those who follow the edicts of religion and are tied to the concept of a benevolent supernatural being that will care for you ...

Well, I can see how someone might infer that - if they had an anti-religious bias. Perhaps you missed the American Revolution in your education? Sheeple followed the king. He TOLD them, so he ruled them.

We rebelled against a benevolent dictator who positioned himself as a sovereign (super man), he presented that we should be sheeple, so he could care for us like a shepherd.

The irony that anyone would think we rebelled from a big government trying to tax our wealth in order to spread it over his loyal government cronies (thereby buying their support) - in order to allow a domestic ruler to tax our wealth in order to spread it over his loyal political supporters (thereby buying their votes to gain/maintain power) - is ludicrous.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Faux News caught doctoring Ron Paul's CPAC victory coverage! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools