Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Faux News caught doctoring Ron Paul's CPAC victory coverage! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 19, 2011, 04:03:23 PM

The irony that anyone would think we rebelled from a big government trying to tax our wealth in order to spread it over his loyal government cronies (thereby buying their support) - in order to allow a domestic ruler to tax our wealth in order to spread it over his loyal political supporters (thereby buying their votes to gain/maintain power) - is ludicrous.

The Federal Income Tax was here for good in 1913 .... Federal welfare came into existence sometime in the 1930's, I think ...Have you been whining about this for decades?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 19, 2011, 04:21:12 PM

Well, those that have felt as I do - absolutely whined about/resisted it.

What I've been whining about is the constant expansion in the name of "stabilization" (just before the stock market crash...of 1929) and "fairness", and "war on poverty" for the "poor" - except we have more poor than when we started (the ONLY tax rate then was 1%.

So, it's clear that when you use "sheeple" - I do not think it means, what you think it means.

Sheeple indicate people who are willing to give up "freedoms" in order to attain "peace" or maintain "security" - sheeple count on big government to give them "stuff" the government confiscates from others, then they expect government to trade them this "stuff" for the votes of the sheeple. It's Marx's Faustian bargain.

Unfortunately those two topics illustrate, more than any others, that Big Governments maintain power by creating the situations that justify their programs. The only thing Big Government needs from those that won't vote for them - is more.

Big Governments never out of "caring" for the needs of the people, there really aren't Benevolent Dictators - because DICTATORS are TYRANTS and once they consolidate power and no longer have to remain benevolent - they no longer are. That is the reason the founders warned against becoming sheeple - as the congress would become ravenous wolves, bent on devouring the wealth of the people in the name of the people.

In order to stay in power.
: February 19, 2011, 04:30:34 PM The White Tiger

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 20, 2011, 07:25:53 PM

This isn't new...Most reporting news stations use different techniques to doctor up there reporting...Ask former reporters who go out and report the news. There is an old Channel Eight reporter who gives seminars telling a certain story about a piece of fence...OBD

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Faux News caught doctoring Ron Paul's CPAC victory coverage! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools