Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFP: Kerrigan is a "blah" athlete « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« : February 18, 2011, 12:24:45 PM »

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-6583.html
• There are growing concerns in draft circles about where Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan can play in the NFL. He doesn’t look fluid enough to play in space and lacks the anchor to hold up as a down defensive end. Also, a lot of sources have also said he’s a pretty “blah” athlete and isn’t going to test well at the NFL Combine.

Kerrigan's skill set to me makes his best fit as a LDE in a 4-3, but he'll need to improve his size and strength to be effective there.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #1 : February 18, 2011, 12:34:13 PM »

Solidifies (in my eyes) my position of Quinn, Bowers, Smith, or non-DE.

If we take any other DE in the 1st, I seriously hope I'm wrong because that means we got a player. But i'll stick my neck out there and pick my guys.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #2 : February 18, 2011, 12:37:24 PM »

Would rather him or any player be a football player rather then an athlete

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #3 : February 18, 2011, 12:39:29 PM »

People are concerned if he can play in the NFL, yet hes a first round pick according to every mock and "expert".

How strange.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #4 : February 18, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »

Because every 1st round projected player in the history of mock drafts was worthy of that distinction.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 18, 2011, 12:54:31 PM »

Instincts and Motor.   That's why Kerrigan could be the pick.

I really hope he does 'blah' at the combine.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

« #6 : February 18, 2011, 01:59:56 PM »

I really hope other teams see him as a "Blah" athlete...all the way to the 20th pick.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 18, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »

YES!!!

This is why some great athletes bust in the NFL. Very few players can rely only on athletic abilit in the NFL. I'd rather have a high motor guy with great technique.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 18, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »

I've watched him play a lot. Kerrigan will be a good DE, the way he plays the game fits his athletic ability.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #9 : February 18, 2011, 02:28:57 PM »

Then consider him a round two option. Because the best athletes go in the first 32 picks.

k_bassuka1

Rookie

« #10 : February 18, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »

Instincts and Motor.   That's why Kerrigan could be the pick.

How come that statement is mainly used with white players?
Its like if you are white, lack skill but did good in college and behave good in school you have great "instincts and motor".
If you are black then you are just a one year wonder and as soon as you get paid you will quit trying.

champkind

Hall of Famer

« #11 : February 18, 2011, 02:37:24 PM »

Then consider him a round two option. Because the best athletes go in the first 32 picks.

Only in a world where all 32 teams are the Raiders. In reality many teams are smart enough not to be fooled into thinking every player has to be a prototypical athlete, and instead focus on how they actually play football.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #12 : February 18, 2011, 02:42:22 PM »

Only in a world where all 32 teams are the Raiders. In reality many teams are smart enough not to be fooled into thinking every player has to be a prototypical athlete, and instead focus on how they actually play football.
Typical casual fan comment.  Can you name me one player in the FIRST round in 2010 drat class that wasn't a good athlete? Regarding SKILL position players anyway.

I know the amount.....ZERO

*checks 09 draft*
Found another answer.....ZERO

How about 2008? ZERO
2007? ZERO.

champkind

Hall of Famer

« #13 : February 18, 2011, 02:52:32 PM »

Typical casual fan comment.  Can you name me one player in the FIRST round in 2010 drat class that wasn't a good athlete? Regarding SKILL position players anyway.

I know the amount.....ZERO

*checks 09 draft*
Found another answer.....ZERO

How about 2008? ZERO
2007? ZERO.

I suppose I am too casual, then. I am also glad that you aren't in charge of the team.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #14 : February 18, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »

Regarding SKILL position players anyway.

Since when is DE classified as a skill position?
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFP: Kerrigan is a "blah" athlete « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools