Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFP: Kerrigan is a "blah" athlete « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#150 : March 02, 2011, 02:31:53 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is getting their panties in a knot about JJ Watt. Read a few scouting reports and most analysts agree that Watt is very stout against the run and needs to improve with his pass rush. He has the skills and explosiveness to do it and now we have a coach who is only going to work with pass rush technique. My mind has not changed.
1. Kerrigan
2. JJ. Watt

I think Houston may well be off the board at #20. If not he's a tough decision between him and Watt. Either way I believe we'll get a chance to draft 2 very good DE prospects in the 1st AND 2nd round. DE is so deep  this year we could easily get a 1st talent guy in the 2nd round such as Allen Bailey or Adrian Clayborn, who I think is going to be waiting well into the 2nd round to hear his name called.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#151 : March 02, 2011, 04:02:57 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Charlie Casserly's opinion counts for very little - I'm still stunned that he got a job with the Texans after what he did in Washington. If anybody needs some reminders, here they are: Desmond Howard, Tom Carter, Bobby Wilson, Michael Westbrook, Heath Shuler, and those are just the first round busts.

Like his mentor Bobby Beathard he was pretty good at the late round picks, but unlike Beathard he often didn't recognize what he had - he let Keenan McCardell go despite drafting him, and also let Frank Wychek go two years into his contract. He went on to 3 Pro Bowls with Houston/Tennessee.

He was more of a mixed bag at Houston, depending on how much credit you give him for passing on Reggie Bush and talking Mario Williams instead (zero credit in my book - that was a no-brainer).

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#152 : March 02, 2011, 05:20:29 PM

Casserly is a complete moron. Anyone who has paid any attention to him over the years already knows this. Some of the things that come out of his mouth are just so stupid it is hard to believe he gets paid to give an opinion.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFP: Kerrigan is a "blah" athlete « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools