Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The BUCs gotta get Cameron Jordan. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: February 19, 2011, 01:35:45 AM

This guy is nasty.  He has that nasty to him.  His breath is probably nasty when he breathes down the neck of QBs.  He throws QBs to the side because he is nasty.  Out of all DEs, I want this cat.

Kerrigan is a nice option, but I will not do cartwheels for the guy.  I will be happy we picked up a name brand DE with production to his name, but I see something nasty in Cam Jordan. So far, this is the guy I want to make this D-line nasty.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 19, 2011, 01:41:15 AM

Cameron, Gerald, Price, Miller, Crowder...would love to see that as a basis for this D-line.  But Miller needs to put in work, Price needs to stay out of the tub, and McCoy needs to live up to year 2.  Crowder is a scrapper, I like his game.

tbb345

Starter
#2 : February 19, 2011, 01:43:30 AM

For the Bucs to take Jordan they would have to trade up. I don't know exactly how far but I am thinking top 12. How much would you be willing to give up to get him?
IMO, we stay at 20 and take Justin Houston, who is probably not the all around player Jordan is but is better at getting to the QB

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 19, 2011, 01:46:26 AM

For the Bucs to take Jordan they would have to trade up. I don't know exactly how far but I am thinking top 12. How much would you be willing to give up to get him?
IMO, we stay at 20 and take Justin Houston, who is probably not the all around player Jordan is but is better at getting to the QB
Is true.  But damn if Cam is not a beastly DE.  Love the way he hits, the way he motors INTO a car accident, he is thick, quick, and slick.  He hits like a brick.  But if you want a guy, you want him.  I think he might be a guy the Bucs could really make a massive turnaround with.  And it also looks like he can be a very deluxe version of Greg Spires, which is what Kerrigan sometimes reminds me of...

Wold love to see them move up and snatch this nasty bastidge.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#4 : February 19, 2011, 02:21:42 AM

C. Jrdan could be an effective LDE for 10 or so years. We have like 2 draft classes coming back from IR. Would it really make a difference to give up some of
our draft choices to get what seems to be the Real Deal. Maybe he could be decent at RDE, but at LDE he could evolve into a Pro-Bowler. Surely Dom knows more than we, but I am on-board to do what it takes to get Jordan.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 19, 2011, 05:07:23 AM

I'd take an all-round DE who can cave in an O'line over all these pure speed rushers any day. He may not get to the QB as often, but he creates way more disruptive plays, which is more likely to create a turnover.
   Now whether Dominik is willing to trade UP is another story. Maybe dangle Tanard Jackson as bait. As a player, Jackson is likely to be well regarded around the NFL, and has some value. I'd even throw in one of our WR's, since if all are healthy, one of them gets cut this year anyway. I'd say Williams, Benn, Briscoe and Spurlock are all keepers... We actually have some tradeable assets this year; my, how far we have come in 2 years!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 19, 2011, 09:23:57 AM

I don't think Jordan will make it to #20.  A lot of 3-4 teams will be loving him come draft time.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 19, 2011, 09:40:46 AM

but are 3-4 teams willing to spend such a high pick on a DE?  i would assume that most 3-4 teams will be looking for the next great OLB.  but i do agree, its not likely he is around at 20.  and let me preface it by saying i realize its not something likely...but if he's nasty...

mccoy-price-miller-jordan would be a heckuva line.  and magee-okam-woods-bennett would be a heckuva rotation.  and jdoub loves worthington so give him a shot as well.  then for me pick up gholston after he's cut.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 19, 2011, 10:17:50 AM

but are 3-4 teams willing to spend such a high pick on a DE?

KC used the #3 overall pick on one in 2009.
StL used the #2 overall pick on one in 2008.

It happens if a team falls in love with a player.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 19, 2011, 10:27:04 AM

true, but its still a head scratcher imo.  and top5 is much different than top15 as well.  i dont expect us to go after him, nor do i expect us to move mccoy...just hopin' and dreamin'.

calibucfan15

Starter

#10 : February 19, 2011, 06:41:14 PM

Just curious Gametime, what's the infatuation with Vernon Gholston? He had bust written all over him since after his senior season. Yes he has excellent measurables and is a heck of an athlete but he lacked the most important trait needed for this sport.... being a "football player". He just isn't a football player. I wouldn't want him even as a reserve. He has shown absolutely nothing to indicate he has progressed as a player.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 20, 2011, 06:34:48 AM

thats true, but anytime "i" can get a top-flight potential guy for peanuts i am for it.  is it possible that he doesnt have the skillset to play OLB but can still play DE?  i think i heard rex ryan say on HardKnocks that he really likes gholston as a player but it just isnt clicking? or something to that effect.  i do agree that he should have progessed somewhat even playing out of position.  and maybe its just the lingering memory of him getting lucky against jake long?  i just hold out hope for the guy until he proves to be a bust as a 4-3 DE, the position that propelled him to the top of the draft.  i wouldnt give anything serious, and i would have to renegotiate that contract, but we have a hole at RDE and until that is fixed, im all for trying everything.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 20, 2011, 10:31:03 AM

I think there is just as good of a chance that Jordan falls to 20 as anyone else. Jordan, Watt, Kerrigan, Houston, Smith, Quinn.....over the last month I've seen all of them being projected anywhere between 5 and 25. All that matters is that we'll get one of them. That makes me happy!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 20, 2011, 11:46:29 AM

I agree, JDouble. Quinn will go in the top 19. But Kerrigan, Houston, Smith, Watt and Jordan you can throw in a bag. IMHO Smith will be the least popular of that bunch meaning that Kerrigan, Houston, Watt and Jordan go quicker. One of those could fall to us, but probably not two.
 Sorry, but we need a pure pass rusher. I have to respectfully disagree. I'd rather have Kerrigan than Jordan. But that said I want no part of Clayborn or Heyward. I wouldn't be depressed if we get Jordan, but i wouldn't trade up for him.

In Verner We Trust

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 20, 2011, 01:29:00 PM

Everything i read about Kerrigan says hard worker.... i like that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The BUCs gotta get Cameron Jordan. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools