Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The BUCs gotta get Cameron Jordan. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 23, 2011, 12:33:50 AM

Ya know, if we actually sign Ray Edwards or Charles Johnson...DE is no longer a huge need. It would still be a big need, but not our clear cut #1 need like it is now. If Free Agency ends up being before the draft like usual, it could drastically change what we do. Could end up taking a top OT in the first instead, and then end up grabbing a DE in the 2nd or even 3rd round. Just throwing it out there.

Draft Aaron Donald

jeanclaud

Starter

#31 : February 23, 2011, 12:53:01 AM

I think that even with a "big" FA DE, it would still be the biggest need. At RT you have Lee and Dotson as viable replacements. I expect Hayward to be back, along with Dekoda Watson, McKenzie, and Hayes, you've got some decent starters with upside, and you maybe only need one pick there. At DE however, we've seen pretty much all these guys have to offer and it ain't much, and you need two new starters.

There's an argument to be made for OG but that's not really a first round option anyway. My opinion is definitely colored in that I'm not real enamored with any of these 1st round LBs and I think the RT issue is overblown.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#32 : February 23, 2011, 01:04:48 AM

Tiger:  My point was even if all the seemingly top-notch DE are gone by the time we draft  in ther first round, there is still a chance as late as the 3rd round or in free agency to pick up a DE who ends up being better than those taken in the first round. Tuck, C. Johnson, and Babin were all selected for the pro-bowl in Feb 2011 and 2 were 3rd round choices and one was a free agent twice.  My hope is that Dominik could flash the same magic as he did in getting Blount, Briscoe and Larson and fill a big need after the 1st round..

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#33 : February 23, 2011, 01:09:31 AM

J Dub: If we could luck out and get C. Johnson in FA to play RDE and then trade up to get C. Jordan to play LDE, the Bucs would be set for a long time. This team has the potential to go as high as its OL and DL will allow.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 23, 2011, 01:14:04 AM

Johnson is more of a LDE.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#35 : February 23, 2011, 01:15:17 AM

Ups, slip up:  C. Johnson was not selected for the pro-bowl

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 23, 2011, 02:18:03 AM

Ya know, if we actually sign Ray Edwards or Charles Johnson...DE is no longer a huge need. It would still be a big need, but not our clear cut #1 need like it is now. If Free Agency ends up being before the draft like usual, it could drastically change what we do. Could end up taking a top OT in the first instead, and then end up grabbing a DE in the 2nd or even 3rd round. Just throwing it out there.
Pretty much what I said all along...of course gotta give Bradentonian credit.  He planted that seed in my head.

Would love to see Johnson come to the Bucs, and Carimi as well...

However, nothing wrong with getting JOhnson, and landing Cam Jordan as well.  Holy CRAP!  The Bucs defensive line would have a pretty good chance at being absolutely terrific.  Just two schematic cents.

I do not want Edwards at all, I think we all know this.  I think he is a dirtball who benefitted from a stud pro bowl loaded D-line.  Hard to pay attention to a guy like Edwards (who throws his facemask into anything he sees...shocking considering he is a boxer at heart) when you have to deal with Wsquared, and the best defensive pass rushing end in the NFL in Jared.

Screw Edwards.

Would love to see Johnson cash in on some dollars in a Bucs uniform.  He worked with nada, and got the job done, replacing a Carolina legend.  He deserved a pro bowl slate.  Friggin shame.  But dude is a stud, and worth MORE attention than Haynesworth received.  I recall those days...when I woke up and the NFL Net said we signed...K2...I was...well...stunned...and happy.  But if the BUcs land Johnson, it will be Xmas early for me and all of us. 

And if the Buics manage to draft Carimi, or Cam...Jeebus Christabon!  the Bucs will be bonafide!  No doubt in my mind.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 23, 2011, 02:37:55 AM

If we sign Johnson then why not go BPA in the 1st....no matter what position...CB,LT even a speed WR....then trade up in the 2nd or 3rd and take either Sheard in the 2nd or Romeus in the 3rd........trading up for Jordan would be killer but very costly and either one of those Pitt DES would be just dandy imo......I would go all out to sign Johnson......hes just what we need and getting him before the draft would absolutely make our draft.....we would be dealing from a position of strength......for a change.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 23, 2011, 06:19:55 AM

This guy is nasty.  He has that nasty to him.  His breath is probably nasty when he breathes down the neck of QBs.  He throws QBs to the side because he is nasty.  Out of all DEs, I want this cat.

Kerrigan is a nice option, but I will not do cartwheels for the guy.  I will be happy we picked up a name brand DE with production to his name, but I see something nasty in Cam Jordan. So far, this is the guy I want to make this D-line nasty.

I am not sold on Jordan. He had a great Senior Bowl PRACTICE week but has done absolutly nothing at Cal when he played.

Its easy to be a workout warrior but a guy like Kerrigan was one of the only players on the DL at Purdue that was effective and defenses knew that and focused on him and he STILL dominated. That is beastly to me...not showing up for a week and dominating a few practices

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 23, 2011, 09:25:37 AM

While I like Charles Johnson and Cam Jordan a lot, aren't they both best suited as LE? Johnson is like 6'2" 280lbs and Jordan is 6'4" 290lbs. Seems like we'd still need a true RE in that scenario.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 23, 2011, 01:44:38 PM

probably, but id take a big RE if he can stop the run AND put some pressure on the QB.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#41 : February 23, 2011, 03:00:58 PM

Detrimental:  You are right. The depth chart for Carolina lists C. Johnson as LDE. He got so many sacks, I assumed he was a RDE.  My error.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : February 23, 2011, 06:57:49 PM

I agree - go for Jordan.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 23, 2011, 08:20:08 PM

Detrimental:  You are right. The depth chart for Carolina lists C. Johnson as LDE. He got so many sacks, I assumed he was a RDE.  My error.

nfl.com has him as a RDE...but they have been wrong before.  plus where was everette brown playing...or was he playing?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#44 : February 23, 2011, 10:29:46 PM

On "Game Book" (PDF) from the NFL, for the last 3 games of the 2010 season, Charles Johnson is listed in the starting lineup as the  LDE.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The BUCs gotta get Cameron Jordan. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools