Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The BUCs gotta get Cameron Jordan. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#75 : March 23, 2011, 01:43:08 AM

Tim Crowder, Alex Magee, Michael Bennet and Stylez G can be outstanding at that position

None of those guys were outstanding at LDE last year.

The Buccaneers don't even think they have a NFL starting caliber DE on their roster.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#76 : March 23, 2011, 01:47:18 AM

Tim Crowder, Alex Magee, Michael Bennet and Stylez G can be outstanding at that position

None of those guys were outstanding at LDE last year.

The Buccaneers don't even think they have a NFL starting caliber DE on their roster.
And that is the troof.

Give us ONE guy who can do SOMETHING at ANY spot on the extremities.

I could car eless if it is RDE, or A LDE.  We are not the same Bucs you watched 4 years ago.  The evolution of Raheem is taking place...

And that requires guys who can play, and put adequate pressure. 

Guys that can do THEIR job.  Not sold on guys like Kerrigan and Houston and Watt...at all.  These guys are not bonafide pass rushers, IMO.  Smith? 

I could be wrong, most likely am.

But Cam Jordan gets my vote.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : March 23, 2011, 09:24:11 AM

Not sure how anyone can say Kerrigan isn't a bonafide pass rusher. He was literally unblockable the past two years. He's strong as hell and his motor just don't quit. Taking over games and getting 43 TFL and 33.5 sacks over his final 2 years pretty much makes him the definition of a bonafide pass rusher.

I like Cameron Jordan too, but he wasn't a big pass rusher in college. He wasn't used that way and doesn't have the production or stats to consider him a true pass rusher. He has potential, but to crown him king and discredit Kerrigan is odd and misleading.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#78 : March 23, 2011, 12:27:47 PM

Cameron Jordan played as a 3-4 defensive end in college. So his low sack totals are expected.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#79 : March 23, 2011, 12:38:59 PM

happy with kerrigan,smith,houston,or jordan at #1....one of them will be there ......we should trade up though in the 2nd rd and grab reed or sheard.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#80 : March 23, 2011, 01:48:08 PM

(the last link shows he gets double and tripled teamed, and still makes impact plays, makes the QB sweat.  He is so damned strong for a DE...I think if added to the line, he will make a QB climb a pocket into the arms of Price/McCoy/Miller.  Jordan is a disruptor, and he has more than basic ability as a DE.  He looks like he wants to KILL people when he tackles them...I dig that.  Watching him sling a QB down like Suh makes me happy.
: March 23, 2011, 01:56:03 PM Boid Fink

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#81 : March 23, 2011, 03:46:29 PM

Jordan seems to be a DE with no downside.

Boid and I have been rooting for Jordan for some time.

In drafting, it seems necessary to project the players upside in 2 yrs.  Kerrigan surely has good stats.  It seems like his body is maxed out and so I have slight reservations as to how effective he will be against bigger offensive linemen.

I have no reservations about Jordan.  I think he hopes to be a RDE.  He could play RDE or LDE, but listening to him talk and watching him with Sapp, it is possible to conclude, that down deep, he sees himself as a RDE.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#82 : March 23, 2011, 07:37:26 PM

Only down side to Jordan is that I see him get into the backfield and be in position but then miss the tackle or sack quite a bit.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#83 : March 23, 2011, 07:55:46 PM

I don't see a downside to Jordon in the bits I have looked at

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#84 : March 24, 2011, 01:50:21 PM

Overall Football Traits (scouts)

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal

Production 2
2007: (13/0) 18 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack. 2008: (12/7) 47 tackles, 11 TFL, 4 sacks. 2009: (13/13) 48 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 6 sacks.

Height-Weight-Speed 2
Prototypical size and adequate top-end speed for a 5-technique.

Durability 2
Has played in 36 of 37 games (18 starts) during first three seasons. Missed one game in 2008 due to injury.

Intangibles 3
Comes from a strong family background. Is serious about football but has reputation as locker room clown. Was suspended for 2008 season opener after he was arrested for su**CENSORED**ion of DUI. His father, Steve Jordan, was a six-time Pro Bowl tight end during 13-year career with Vikings.

Defensive End Specific Traits

Pass Rush Skills 3
A power-based pass rusher with adequate initial quickness for his size. Uses his hands very well. Club move is his best asset. Will never be a speed threat off the edge but is more agile than most 280-pound DEs. He gives a great effort, shows secondary moves if reached initially and has long arms that he uses to disrupt passing windows when he can't get to the QB. Snap anticipation needs to be more consistent. Sack production is a bit misleading. Four regular-season sacks in 2009 came against marginal competition (Maryland, Washington State, UCLA).

Versus the run 2
Disciplined two-gap DE who comes off the ball low and shows good overall strength at the point of attack. Understands angles and continues to improve his technique. Displays very good balance, plays with a wide base and does not leave his feet very often. Has strong hands and long arms, which he uses to keep blockers off his body. Is more than just a space-eater. He shows good awareness in finding the ball carrier, can disengage quickly and is mobile enough to make some plays in pursuit.

Versatility 2
Projects best as a 3-4 DE in the NFL but can also play power-end in 4-3. Has adequate-to-good quickness for his size. Would fit well with a team that likes to use multiple defensive fronts.

Instincts/Motor 2
Diagnoses plays quickly for a 5-technique. Shows very good awareness while remaining disciplined within the scheme. Does not appear to tire as quickly as most 3-4 DEs. Plays hard for four quarters and is clearly a competitor.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The BUCs gotta get Cameron Jordan. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools