Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Blount be our #1 running back this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Cane_BucsFan

Rookie

: February 19, 2011, 04:38:29 PM

or will we get a mix of him and the others?

It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s all about the []_[]

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 19, 2011, 04:42:52 PM

The trend in the NFL, is to run a form of, or elements of, a ZBS - which allows you to use a stable of average/good RB's - since it is a less expensive model, don't look for RB's to be taken at the top of the draft.

So, yes, I believe LeGarrette Blount will be our starter - but I wouldn't be surprised to see a change-of-pace RB in order to give Blount a rest as well as give opposing defenses something else to worry about.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 19, 2011, 04:45:42 PM

Same as we closed last season. A healthy portion of Blount sprinkeld with Caddy/Quizz/Huggy/Sproles

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 19, 2011, 05:20:37 PM

Blount will be our Feature Back, but I don't think our 3rd down back is on the roster yet ... hoping they find us a great change of pace.

McCoy93

Starter

#4 : February 19, 2011, 05:55:21 PM

Blount will be our featured back this year; Bring in another back thorough the draft

thanson

Starter

#5 : February 19, 2011, 07:18:59 PM

I sure hope so. Unless we draft someone

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 19, 2011, 07:53:23 PM

Of course he will....the question is will Caddy still be around to share some carries and play on 3rd down or will they spend a 2nd-4th round pick on his replacement

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 19, 2011, 09:20:33 PM

There are almost no teams in the league where you don't have a mix of running backs.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 19, 2011, 10:02:12 PM

The top two rookie running backs from last season were LeGarrette Blount (1006 yards) and Chris Ivory (716 yards) - neither were drafted.

The copy-cat NFL will no doubt attempt to duplicate that success - I think that means the importance of taking a premier running back has been diminished (at least temporarily). I believe no running back will be selected in the top 10 selections of the first round.

I agree that a 3rd down/change-of-pace back will need to be found, and if I'm right, there will some incredible options available in the later rounds.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BuccoBill

Practice Squad
#9 : February 19, 2011, 11:13:58 PM

There is always the chance that MD will be waiting to see who he can pick off from a practice squad. Don't forget, that's where he plucked Blount from.

The Buc stops here!

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 20, 2011, 03:19:40 AM

What kind of dumb topic is this? Lol of course he will be.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 20, 2011, 11:33:15 AM

There is always the chance that MD will be waiting to see who he can pick off from a practice squad. Don't forget, that's where he plucked Blount from.

Blount was cut. He never made it to the PS. He will be our #1 for years to come. Caddy and Graham are aging. We have no other proven RBs to back him up, but any additions will either be late in the draft or through free agency. There are more pressing needs.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 20, 2011, 01:07:06 PM

Blount was cut. He never made it to the PS. He will be our #1 for years to come. Caddy and Graham are aging. We have no other proven RBs to back him up, but any additions will either be late in the draft or through free agency. There are more pressing needs.

He was cut with all intentions to go to their PS... same difference really.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 20, 2011, 01:35:28 PM

What kind of dumb topic is this? Lol of course he will be.

Was wondering the same thing. If not Blount, then who?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 20, 2011, 07:51:05 PM

LB will be our Number one back and Caddy will be the secondary back. We have needed the bigger/heavier back emulating the Terrell Davis (for example). I am glad he is on our team and hopes he continues with his good performance on and off the field...He is a Great addition and should be rewarded with the Number one Back position...JMHO...OBD

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Blount be our #1 running back this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools