Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Front office wanted Sanchez over Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 21, 2011, 08:51:43 PM

After reading some other PI articles and other sport sites, his story about Raheem really being the onus as to why we got Freeman is old news.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 21, 2011, 09:06:55 PM

Ok, lets assume this story is 100% accurate. I have to give major props and respect for Raheem being so adamant and willing to really put his butt on the line right from the beginning on the player he felt he could build this franchise around.....even if he was in the minority....which I dont fully believe.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 21, 2011, 09:31:26 PM

I could see Dominik and some of the scouts pushing for Sanchez over Freeman. I'm sure most of the GM's of other NFL teams had Sanchez ranked over Freeman as well on their boards. I could also see Morris strongly making a case for Freeman, since he had worked with him at K State and obviously knew what the kid was made of, the kind of family he was from and his strong work ethic. Dominik (and the Glazers) should be very glad they have Morris around. He found them their first true franchise QB since whenever and had the gumption to put his balls on the line to get him.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 21, 2011, 10:45:44 PM

Didn't want Sanchez then, and still think Freeman was the better pick (then and now). I have disagreed with Doug Williams in some assessments - but I am in complete agreement with his assesment of Freeman being the better QB over the long haul.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 21, 2011, 10:52:31 PM

When he left Grambling State the first time, Williams aspired to become the general manager of an NFL team. But there are only eight minority coaches and five minority general managers in a 32-team league where 78 percent of the players are African American.

"The good ol' boy network is alive and well,'' Williams said. "But it's changed from the good ol' boy network to the faternity. I always find a way to overcome and just keep going forward.

This is pretty weak when you consider the guy who currently holds Williams' old job is an African American, too, Shelton Quarles. It's clear Dominik just didn't value what Williams did and isn't trying to fill One Buc Place with more people who look like him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 21, 2011, 11:01:36 PM

Look, if they were both available at 19, I think most of us at the time would've preferred Sanchez over Freeman.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if some in the front office felt the same way.

I think pretty much everyone realizes that had they both been available, the Bucs would have taken Sanchez.    And Sanchez would not have been a bad pick.    I like him better than Freeman even now.

After seeing your last 2 post this has to be Java.

lol i wanted to say that as well in another thread. Somethings a lil off  in his sentence structure ,phrasing, dunno but the points he makes are very much in line with Java.
It is him.  Not a single doubt inmy mind.

The way he carries on hatred, the mindless trolling...

I used to understand him, or at least I thought I did.  I thought because the team was atrocious, lookd absolutely clueless the year before last, that he was just expressing his frustration as most of us did...now, it has become an agenda, and it seems because he has to backtrack on so much, he refuses to do so, and would prefer to continue being a total assshat.  I mean that, he is a total idiot now.  And it is obvious this place is a joke to him, and he is just rambling on because it amuses him to do so.  Sad.  The lack of anything interesting or insightful is just a bore. 

If he knows football, he KNOWS Freeman is clearly the better player.  You watch them play, with what they have, and you simply KNOW that Freeman is the better football player, the better quarterback, the better leader.  Sanchez is a product of media coverage in NY, on a team that is on TV all the time nationally, even via Hardknocks...and you watch the dude play, and you don;t see anything special about him.

If Freeman was the QB in a JETS uni, I think they win the Superbowl.  With that loaded defense, the offensive line, the run first mentality, and the proven WR playmakers...man, he would be in the MVP running.  The playbook would part like the Red Sea in front of Moses, and they would win more, and win more decisively.  Sanchez is a game manager.

But of course, Java has been known to have an infatuation with Trent Dilfer, who is the ultimate definition of a game manager QB.  So he is still par for course.  It is almost like he cannot accept the Bucs having such a bright future, especially at the QB position.  His mind cannot fathom it, and refuses to bend to it.  He is a Goth Chic, just all doom and glass eyed doom.

Feel bad for him, really do.  Sorry JDog, but bumpng the Sanchez thread was an obvious.  If it werent obvious already.

You should just swallow the crow, and resume normalcy.  And not be such an old sarcastic bastard.  That is pathetic.  It aint funny, and while you may be bored, why not be smart and act like you know.

Sanchez sucks.  I am so glad the BUcs did not land that goon.  His arm and his footwork is garbage compared to Freeman.  Can I get a witness?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 22, 2011, 12:52:28 AM

I don't think it's really breaking news that Raheem was the biggest reason we brought in Freeman. The K-State relationship pretty much spelled that out for anyone. Also, Williams should learn to hide his sour grapes a bit better.

watson

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 22, 2011, 05:02:05 AM

IF everyone was being totally honest on here, most would have to admit that they groaned and moaned when the Bucs selected Freeman.  But now that he has shown that he was the right choice, there is a lot of revisionist memory taking place.  I for one wanted him to be selected by the Bucs. 

For there now to be stories about the front office being torn between which player to take is not a big deal.....happens every year with almost every team.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 22, 2011, 06:44:28 AM

I have to believe that the discussion was had, if just due diligence.  I remember Coach Morris saying early on that he didn't
shove JF down peoples throats, but wanted them to come to the conclusion on their own.

That said,   after a brief (about a week) go round wanting Graham Harrell in 2009,  I jumped on board the Freeman wagon then...  sometimes you just know a young man gets it.

As a long time buc fan, having a Franchise QB was ALWAYS a requirement...   

I am happy with the young man.   Doug is just spewing some sour grapes IMO.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM

IF everyone was being totally honest on here, most would have to admit that they groaned and moaned when the Bucs selected Freeman.  But now that he has shown that he was the right choice, there is a lot of revisionist memory taking place.  I for one wanted him to be selected by the Bucs. 

If you've paid ANY attention at all to the boards, you'd have seen plenty of threads where people have eaten crow on the Freeman pick. Search is your friend.... give it a shot.

Speakin for myself, I wanted Harvin..... no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Couldn't be happier though with how things have turned out.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 22, 2011, 07:56:05 AM

This is not news. Most of us knew that one of the major reasons Freeman is here is because Morris was pushing so hard for him. It was my understanding that Morris vouched for this guy as he worked with him at K-state. Not to mention the fact that Morris said he would have took Freeman #1 overall if he had the chance. Most people agreed that at the time of the draft Freeman was the 3rd best QB in the class. Look at his tape, his numbers and his workouts and he's the 3rd best guy. Morris knew or at least thought he knew what this kid could become, thats why he pushed so hard.

Don't get me wrong. If Freeman was the wrong pick I think he would be out of Tampa right now. Back to back 3-13 seasons will buy you a one way train ticket out of tampa. Without Freeman thats likely what our record would have been.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 22, 2011, 08:47:30 AM

Don't forget that Freeman had to carry that K-state team...  very much unlike what Sanchez had to do at USC.

(Hmmm,   something sounds familiar.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#27 : February 22, 2011, 09:12:00 AM

Sanchez or freeman - it really doesn't matter much.  The big advantage the jets have over the bucs is ryan over morris.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#28 : February 22, 2011, 09:44:27 AM

Sanchez or freeman - it really doesn't matter much.  The big advantage the jets have over the bucs is ryan over morris.
Go find you a lady boy that resembles Rex Ryan then Java since you like him so much.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#29 : February 22, 2011, 09:48:36 AM

Interestingly enough, I saw a lady boy standing in the street last week who looked a lot like Heemy.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Front office wanted Sanchez over Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools