Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'Melo to the Knicks « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 25, 2011, 01:11:39 PM

Nah, worst move has to be Boston trading Kendrick Perkins. They can kiss the Finals goodbye.

Agree with this.  Now they have grandpa Shack and oft injured Jermaine O'Neil at center.  They might be something going on there that we don't know about, like Perkins knee's are shot.

I'm sure his knees play a role but, as I said, it's about being able to get something for KP while they can. They can pay him what he wants so instead of losing him to FA, they're getting something in return. Pretty simple, IMO. I don't think Boston knows more about his knees than OKC does. Then again, it's happened before. See: Antonio Bryant.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 25, 2011, 01:16:39 PM

Nah, worst move has to be Boston trading Kendrick Perkins. They can kiss the Finals goodbye.

Agree with this.  Now they have grandpa Shack and oft injured Jermaine O'Neil at center.  They might be something going on there that we don't know about, like Perkins knee's are shot.

I'm sure his knees play a role but, as I said, it's about being able to get something for KP while they can. They can pay him what he wants so instead of losing him to FA, they're getting something in return. Pretty simple, IMO. I don't think Boston knows more about his knees than OKC does. Then again, it's happened before. See: Antonio Bryant.

I hear ya Joe, but if they just wanted to get some value for Perkins I would think they would have traded him for a big.  Not Green, a scorer that they have plenty of already.  Just a puzzling trade IMO.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 25, 2011, 02:16:21 PM

Yeah, trading Perkins isn't necessarily the problem. Relying on the O'Neals to get them through the rest of the season and the playoffs is. Neither of them can hang with Howard or Bynum over a 7 game series at this point in their careers.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 25, 2011, 06:02:31 PM

That is if Bynum is even playing then. He has knee issues too. That move has better long term payoff than short term. Jeff Green is a good young piece.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 25, 2011, 09:40:34 PM

I heard today Perkins was gone after this season anyway. So they got what they could for him.  Makes more sense now.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 25, 2011, 11:07:17 PM

I heard today Perkins was gone after this season anyway. So they got what they could for him.  Makes more sense now.

That's what I said in my other posts. No offense but do you read what others say before responding? The fact that they were going to lose him was always
a big part of the story and trade. He wanted a hell of a lot more money than they offered.

BTW, I love the articles you post on the Red Board.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 25, 2011, 11:22:42 PM

That's what I said in my other posts. No offense but do you read what others say before responding? The fact that they were going to lose him was always
a big part of the story and trade. He wanted a hell of a lot more money than they offered.

BTW, I love the articles you post on the Red Board.

My bad Joe, I see now you did mention that.  I better head  back over to the red board. I don't get over here too much.  Can someone give me directions?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 25, 2011, 11:23:00 PM

Cleveland?  Ouch.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 26, 2011, 01:06:34 AM

Knicks haven't won in Cleveland since Nov. 2006. They've lost ten in a row to Cleveland. Some teams just have your number. Plus, it will take a while
for the new guys to figure out how to fit in. Most people know this.

Billups is showing why he wasn't a throw in. Guy is a big time vet who hits big shots and has said he wants to finish his career in NY.

Next addition will be Paul, Williams or Howard. Magic are going to suck when Howard leaves.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 27, 2011, 11:13:59 AM

Billups is just a layover until Deron Williams or Chris Paul go the Knicks making basketball into more of a joke. The NBA may as well start getting rid of some teams.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 27, 2011, 04:23:29 PM

Billups is just a layover until Deron Williams or Chris Paul go the Knicks making basketball into more of a joke. The NBA may as well start getting rid of some teams.

I know that's what they're hoping but Billups is more than just biding his time until retirement. Guy is a big part of the team already.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 27, 2011, 11:06:00 PM

Hmmmph!

Personally I think the Knicks just paid an arm and a leg for player that puts them nowhere closer to the playoffs.

Probably one of the more ignorant comments on this board in a long time. Still waiting for you to explain how getting a top ten player in the NBA doesn't help this team.

And as I suggested on a few occasions, Billups is the key to that trade. I might have to go get me a Chauncey jersey.

The Knicks can play some D. Who would have thunk it? And Melo did an adequate job guarding James. Lebron gets blocked (cleanly) on the next to last play by AS and he wants a foul called?

If anybody should have been on the foul line it was Billups, who was repeatedly fouled down the stretch.

Anthony Carter is also a nice role player when it comes to D. Add in Jeffries', who should be signed by Tuesday, and his D, and the Knicks should be able to compete well in the playoffs. If they make it! As a Knicks fan, you never know.

It's been a looooong time since I've been able to enjoy a Knicks win like that. To win it with D is a strange feeling.
: February 27, 2011, 11:10:38 PM ufojoe

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 28, 2011, 01:19:13 AM

Hmmmph!

Personally I think the Knicks just paid an arm and a leg for player that puts them nowhere closer to the playoffs.

Probably one of the more ignorant comments on this board in a long time. Still waiting for you to explain how getting a top ten player in the NBA doesn't help this team.

And as I suggested on a few occasions, Billups is the key to that trade. I might have to go get me a Chauncey jersey.

The Knicks can play some D. Who would have thunk it? And Melo did an adequate job guarding James. Lebron gets blocked (cleanly) on the next to last play by AS and he wants a foul called?

If anybody should have been on the foul line it was Billups, who was repeatedly fouled down the stretch.

Anthony Carter is also a nice role player when it comes to D. Add in Jeffries', who should be signed by Tuesday, and his D, and the Knicks should be able to compete well in the playoffs. If they make it! As a Knicks fan, you never know.

It's been a looooong time since I've been able to enjoy a Knicks win like that. To win it with D is a strange feeling.

Not so ignorant, the Knicks suck man.  Ya I guess they are better now, so what are they now?  The 5th best in the East?    They need another piece or two.   I wouldnt make reservations for the finals just yet.  If they do get into the playoffs its all about defense then.  And thats where they are lacking,

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 28, 2011, 01:35:02 AM

Not so ignorant, the Knicks suck man.  Ya I guess they are better now, so what are they now?  The 5th best in the East?    They need another piece or two.   I wouldnt make reservations for the finals just yet.  If they do get into the playoffs its all about defense then.  And thats where they are lacking,

You're more ignorant than Spartan. Go show me where I said they were going to the Finals with this team.

A work in progress. That's pretty obvious to everybody.

Their defense is already improved with certain role players getting more playing time since the trade.

Yeah, the Knicks suck, man. We back in junior high school?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 28, 2011, 04:46:46 PM

I really don't know about the Knicks. The style of play they use doesn't seem to work well come playoff time. But who knows, Amare is a lot better player this year, Melo can hit from anywhere on the court and Billups give them a solid PG. I don't see the Heat doing much of anything in the playoffs, they have a losing record against above .500 teams, weak bench and no true PG. I'd for sure like to see some new blood in the finals this year, sick of the Lakers - Celtics or Lakers and whoever in the east.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'Melo to the Knicks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools