Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'Melo to the Knicks « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 28, 2011, 07:44:16 PM

I really don't know about the Knicks. The style of play they use doesn't seem to work well come playoff time. But who knows, Amare is a lot better player this year, Melo can hit from anywhere on the court and Billups give them a solid PG. I don't see the Heat doing much of anything in the playoffs, they have a losing record against above .500 teams, weak bench and no true PG. I'd for sure like to see some new blood in the finals this year, sick of the Lakers - Celtics or Lakers and whoever in the east.

The win last night vs. The Heat was great to see but it's only one game and they have a lot of improving to do. Plus, the Heat melted down. Most teams won't do that.

If the Knicks keep improving on their D, they can win some playoff games. Remember, they added/changed three starters and they're learning the D plays on the fly. Same goes for the O
but that's easier when you have AS, Melo and Billups.

The Knicks have been abysmal for the past ten years so any sign of a coherent team gets me excited.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 28, 2011, 07:56:35 PM

Heat are not the team to really worry about in the playoffs IMO. Teams like the Celtics, Magic and Bulls are going to be scary teams come playoff time.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 28, 2011, 10:18:07 PM

Not so ignorant, the Knicks suck man.  Ya I guess they are better now, so what are they now?  The 5th best in the East?    They need another piece or two.   I wouldnt make reservations for the finals just yet.  If they do get into the playoffs its all about defense then.  And thats where they are lacking,

You're more ignorant than Spartan. Go show me where I said they were going to the Finals with this team.

A work in progress. That's pretty obvious to everybody.

Their defense is already improved with certain role players getting more playing time since the trade.

Yeah, the Knicks suck, man. We back in junior high school?

Says the guy who calls people ignorant for voicing their opinions.  The man said he thought they gave up too much and probably were not closer to the playoffs.  Hey, right or wrong, thats his opinion, doesn't make it ignorant just because it doesn't jive with your opinion.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 01, 2011, 12:14:05 AM

Says the guy who calls people ignorant for voicing their opinions.  The man said he thought they gave up too much and probably were not closer to the playoffs.  Hey, right or wrong, thats his opinion, doesn't make it ignorant just because it doesn't jive with your opinion.

Well, for you, next time you want to comment on something, you might want to read the thread before you post and look foolish. Once again, show me where I mentioned the finals.

And as far as Spartan? Yeah, I stand by the ignorant comment. I doubt he follows the NBA very closely to make an educated comment about the players the Knicks gave up versus what they received. If you notice, he hasn't been back to defend his opinion.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 02, 2011, 09:20:29 AM

Excellent ballgame last night.  It was fun seeing those guys on the same court.  I don't know why Billups doesn't get more respect among fans in the NBA.  He's not a superstar PG like Williams, Paul, or Nash, but damn he just does everything you want your PG to do to win games. 

And Dwight's an animal.  You don't hear people talking about his lack of offensive moves anymore.  I told guys like OBF last year how he was getting better and better every year, and he's still getting better.  He's not the Dream or anything, but he's progressing.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 02, 2011, 01:36:50 PM

Excellent ballgame last night.  It was fun seeing those guys on the same court.  I don't know why Billups doesn't get more respect among fans in the NBA.  He's not a superstar PG like Williams, Paul, or Nash, but damn he just does everything you want your PG to do to win games. 

And Dwight's an animal.  You don't hear people talking about his lack of offensive moves anymore.  I told guys like OBF last year how he was getting better and better every year, and he's still getting better.  He's not the Dream or anything, but he's progressing.

I thought people were going to be surprised at how well Billups plays but I didn't realize they were going to be THAT surprised. He's better than I thought.
A true vet.

Hard for the Knicks to compete against Howard with such a lack of size. And when they finally slowed Howard down, Nelson went on a tear.

Knicks still have a long way to go but they've definitely improved their chances if they can get to the playoffs. They can compete.

How does Howard do against the Lakers who can match his size?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 02, 2011, 03:19:46 PM

In their only meeting so far this season, he had 31 points and 13 boards.  LA gives the Magic problems because of Gasol playing the 4, and the Magic have never been able to match up that.  Most teams can't.

Perkins was really the main guy that gave Dwight problems one-on-one, which is why it was surprising, or joyous for Magic fans, to see Boston ship him out.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 02, 2011, 03:48:00 PM

In their only meeting so far this season, he had 31 points and 13 boards.

That's impressive.

If the Magic can sign a star, I think Howard stays. But if not, I think he'd love to play in LA. I'd love to have him on the Knicks.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 02, 2011, 06:14:06 PM

If the Knicks can get themselves a couple more big man that can play D they will be a contender.
I see Miami is getting Mike Bibby now. Could be pretty big for them. Bibby gives them a solid PG, he is no doubt better than Chalmers or Arroyo.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 03, 2011, 02:11:00 PM

People are only surprised at Billups because of his age, but Mr. Big Shot has still got it.

And Mike Bibby must be thrilled. Leaves a Hawks team going nowhere fast, for one of the best teams in the East.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 03, 2011, 08:38:10 PM

People are only surprised at Billups because of his age, but Mr. Big Shot has still got it.

I was surprised because of my ignorance. I just didn't know.

And Mike Bibby must be thrilled. Leaves a Hawks team going nowhere fast, for one of the best teams in the East.

I hope it doesn't work out for him.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 04, 2011, 02:30:32 PM

Detroit won a title and went to another Finals with Chauncy at the point, so he has been ballin for a while. Hell, he did a nice job just last summer as the veteran precense on our FIBA World Championship winning team. He did what Kidd failed to do at the 08 Olympics. Definitely one of the more underrated players in the league, probably due to the fact that he has been playing in small markets throughout his career (not anymore obviously). I'm starting to think the Hawks might lose that #5 seed to New York if we don't get our act together soon.

Also, I can't believe the Heat blew another lead against Orlando. Boston is going to whip them come playoff time.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 05, 2011, 08:51:25 AM

Geezus, again with Cleveland?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 05, 2011, 09:04:44 AM

Geezus, again with Cleveland?

I could say the team needs time to gel or that Cleveland just has their number. But what it came down to was pathetic defense. Hard to watch. Sorry I wasted any of my time watching that garbage. Up by two and they don't know how to guard against the three? That was on Carmelo. And then two offensive fouls on
him in crucial moments? They better make up for it in Atlanta.

It's games like last night that show you why I keep saying, "IF they make the playoffs."

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 05, 2011, 01:59:43 PM

Its funny watching the Heat get blown out by good teams. They could be one and done come playoff time.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'Melo to the Knicks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools