Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDub Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: February 22, 2011, 10:57:48 AM

My last mock was on February 12th and not much has changed. I'm just making this thread so I can post all my mocks here rather than eat up space with multiple threads. I've also added in some other offseason moves I am hoping for.

2011 Draft Class

1. RE Ryan Kerrigan - He might end up being our LE down the road, but this year he will be our RE and that is an upgrade over anyone on our roster. There isn't much bust factor here. He's just a hard working guy with good instincts and good fundamentals. His love for the game and his work ethic make him a solid pick that should provide 8+ sacks a year and improve our run defense.

2. CB Ras I Dowling - This guy is a Talib clone but a better tackler and he is a very well mannered intelligent guy. He won't be punching any cab drivers or teamates. Even if Barber returns he will only be a one year stop gap, and Lewis/Biggers are solid depth for nickel and dime packages or in case of injury, but I'm not convinced either is a play making starter. Right now they both appear to be more on the level of Phillip Buchanon, which is nice, but not ideal. With Dowling we could have two shut down physcial corners that are also good in run defense. Biggers, and Lewis still play an important role in Nickel and Dime formations, as well as providing great depth in case of injury. No more Mack.

3. MLB Nate Irving
- Probably not ready to step in immediatly and be our MLB and lead our defense, but he has everything you want in a MLB. Leadership, size, strength, instincts, a hard hitting mean streak. He does well in coverage, but his strength is his ability to shed blocks to stop the run and rush the passer. He is as quick/fast as Ruud, but lacks the top end speed to be our WLB. He'll need to improve his tackling fundamentals too, but he'll be ready to be a stud MLB for us in 2012 and beyond. This year he would provide good depth and see spot duty at MLB and/or SLB.

4. FS Ahmad Black - His size makes me nervous and he is a bit of a risky pick, but he is a ball hawking playmaker and he is a huge Tampa fan. He watches every game and says he already knows Rah's defense. Can't get a better fit. I just hope his frame can hold up. Definetly worth the 4th round pick if he slips this far.

5. MLB Mario Harvey - Under rated. Only 5'11" but 250lbs. Has great instincts and strength. More production than any of the top ranked MLBs in this draft. Solid depth if not a starter for us. I could see him competing with McKenzie and Black for the starting MLB spot this year. Could also play SLB.

6a. TE Weslye Saunders - His stock took a total nose dive after missing all of 2010 from suspension for excepting gifts, but he is a very big man with surprising athleticism. Great run blocker and solid reciever. Could be a Blount like steal late in the draft.

6b. RB Allen Bradford - We need another big power back to fill in for Blount when he needs rest or is injured. Bradford is that man. He also could be Caddies replacment as 3rd down back. (This is the compensatory pick for Antonio Bryant)

7. RB Chad Spann - Change of pace speedy back. Only 5'8" but 200lbs. Very underrated. This kid is awesome. Caddie and Lumpkin are out. Bradford and Spann are in.

Undrafted Free Agents

OLB Mike Gee - Small school but big time player. Great rushing LB with perfect size and speed. Great depth or eventual starter at strong side. He is also from a small town in Jersey just blocks from where Rah grew up.

Free Agents

LB  Justin Durant - Can play all three LB positions in a 4-3. Not exactly an explosive game changer, but always consistantly good and while young, he is an experienced vet. Had a bad 2010 due to an ankle injury and could be somewhat cheap.

DE Ray Edwards or Charles Johnson - Johnson might get franchise tagged, but if he doesn't I like him and Ray Edwards equally. Both will require a pretty penny to sign but both are worth it. Either guy would compliment Kerrigan and it wouldn't really matter who was LE and who was RE.

RT Tyson Clabo* - Hurt a division rival and improve our run game in one move. Clabo is 29 but an immediate upgrade over Trueblood or James Lee, especially in the run game. Could have another 4 or 5 good years left in him. If we don't sign him I'd resign Trueblood.

TE  Kevin Boss - Not as big a name as Zach Miller or Mercedese Lewis, but he has quietly been very good for the Giants. Excels in run blocking but also has great hands and the ability to quickly find the soft spot in coverages. He is what they had hoped Purvis would be.

Our Free Agents

G Davin Joseph - He's not as good as many think, but he is still good. Now is not the time to try and upgrade over him.

T Jeremy Trueblood* - He was actually pretty good last year and didn't have a lot of penalties like year's past. He isn't a guaranteed starter anymore, but would create good competition with Lee and Dotson. If we don't sign Clabo I think Trueblood is a must.

CB Ronde Barber - More than anything this young team can use his verteran leadership. If he'll come back for one more year we should take him with open arms. Ras-I Dowling could learn a lot from one year with Barber.

LB Adam Heyward - Between signing Durant, and drafting Irving, Harvey, and getting Gee as an undrafted FA...we will have 9 LBs including Heyward. Obviously they won't all make the 53, but it will create great competition and depth. Harvey and Gee could end up on the practice squad if Heyward earns a spot on the final 53. He has been solid enough to get the chance.

Draft Aaron Donald

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 22, 2011, 11:17:53 AM

well we agree on Black and Saunders.  Don't have any problems with Kerrigan, Dowling or the 2 RBs you would draft late, although I wouldn't take 2.  Not a fan of the LBs you would select.  Just don't think they are upgrades so why bother. I do think we need at least on OL, and not a late rounder at that.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 22, 2011, 11:25:12 AM

Add 13 players.

Who goes? ...   going to have to make some hard choices...

Show us your final 53  +9 PS.  :)

And the second Big RB is too much...  I'm thinking OL Depth.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 22, 2011, 11:33:23 AM

I know its your mock draft but I think you should consider how much the coaches like our players. Rah is a big fan of Biggers and Lewis and I really don't see us taking a CB b/c the coach is so confident with what he's got. If Ras is moved to FS this would make perfect sense.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 22, 2011, 11:50:54 AM

Add 13 players.

Offense 26 players

QB - Freeman, Johnson, Carpenter
RB - Blount, Bradford, Spann
FB - Lorig, Graham
TE - Winslow, Boss, Saunders
WR - Williams, Benn, Stroughter, Briscoe, Parker or Spurlock
G - Joseph, Larsen, Carter, Zuttah
T - Penn, Lee, Dotson, Trueblood or Clabo
C - Faine

Defense 24 Players

RE - Edwards or Johnson, Bennett
UT - McCoy, Price, Okam
NT - Miller, Woods
LE - Kerrigan, Magee
WLB - Durant, Hayes
MLB - McKenzie, Irving
SLB - Watson, Heyward
CB - Talib, Barber, Dowling, Biggers, Lewis
FS - Black, Jones or Lynch
SS - Grimm, Asante

Special Teams  2 Players

K - Conner Barth
P - Robert Malone

Practice Squad

LB - Mario Harvey
LB - Mike Gee
DE - Doug Worthignton
DE - George Johnson
DE - EJ Wilson
?
?
?
?

That is 52, so there is actually room for one more.
   :D

Draft Aaron Donald

nitey

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 22, 2011, 12:29:20 PM

JDub,

Going without a LS?

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 22, 2011, 12:50:03 PM

I like the picks and signings - it pretty much addresses all the areas in question this off-season.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

jeanclaud

Starter

#7 : February 22, 2011, 12:55:00 PM

I like Dowling but I disagree on the need for CB. No sense in replacing the guys we have when they show promise and haven't yet developed yet. Not sure we'd take 2 MLBs and Durant when we need DE so badly. Even if we signed a DE I expect us to use 2 picks there. Black is every club's dark horse right now, I'm not sure he makes it to our 3rd pick. Clabo will probably get a disproportionately big contract for how good he is, he's not really a Probowl level player IMO, I'd pass. And Boss, I'm exceedingly positive, will never leave the Giants. He's one of the most beloved players over there, they have no TE depth, it's a tailor-made situation for him. Don't seem him leaving esp. to come here to play second banana to K2.

If it went this way, I'd be excited as hell. Seems unrealistic though.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 22, 2011, 01:02:19 PM

I think we keep atleast 5 DEs. I see Jdub is keeping his bromance for Dowling alive! I want argue with you this time because you gave us Saunders. Also think if we draft Dowling there is really no need for Black because Dowlings skill set and size he could and probably would be used in a Malcolm Jenkins like role year 1 and taking Dowling in round 2 would give Raheem and Co. the flexability to get one of those versatile guys he loves like Brooks Reed!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

tbb345

Starter
#9 : February 22, 2011, 01:15:05 PM

Trade Josh Johnson to 49ers for a 4th round pick and a swap of 3rd rounders
4th round compensation pick for Antonio Bryant

My Mock:
1. Justin Houston
2. Bruce Carter
3. Allen Bailey
4A. Ahmad Black
4B. Derrick Locke
4C. Will Rackley
5. Weslye Saunders
6. J.T. Thomas

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 22, 2011, 01:24:30 PM

So....
Jdub - feedback...

You are letting -   Caddy, Gilmore, Stovall, White, Ruud, Malecki, Koutovides, Black, Mac, D. Harris and Crowder walk....

You are cutting:  Huggins, Lumpkin, Purvis, K. Moore, N. Overbay, EJ Wilson, Barker, Alston, Anderson, Dile, Folson, Gant, Tjax, D Johnson, Lawrence, Gilbeaux, Hardman and R. Taylor...

You are re-signing Spurlock, Dotson, Hayward, Joseph, Trueblood, Lee, Lynch...

Quick Observations - guesses:
1.   You cost the organization around $50million (or so) in 2011 in signed contractual cuts.
2.   Re-signing your re-up group and rookies is about  $50 million (or so) in contracts.
3.   We're still $50 million (or so) below contract floor (a guess...)
4.   A lot of experience (good, bad or indifferent) just walked out the door.
5.   A lot of our current developmental players (year 1 through 3) just walked out the door.
6.   Our pass rush only got marginally better... 
7.  Our run defense is probably a wash...
8.  Our pass protection got worse with the new RB's
9.  Our pass catching crew got better
10. Our defense and alignments took a hit (at least initially due to inexperience.)

My Overall Impression - that much change in one season would be detrimental to the progress made thus far...  and would certainly put as back to a .500 or less team in 2011.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 22, 2011, 03:15:36 PM

+1

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#12 : February 22, 2011, 09:00:14 PM

Actually I kept EJ Wilson on the practice squad.

As for the rest of those guys, most of them are not with the Bucs anymore or just practice squad guys. It would not cost us anything financially or experience wise to cut them.

TJax is not on my list because he is suspended and not part of our team currently. If he comes back and earns a roster spot than we can cut Asante or Lynch to make room.
I thought for sure that you would want to keep Huggy

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 22, 2011, 09:04:36 PM

Got the contract information from here....   http://rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/tb/tampa-bay-buccaneers

If you're going to play GM, you have to take everything into account...   :)

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 22, 2011, 09:05:03 PM

Add 13 players.

Offense 26 players

QB - Freeman, Johnson, Carpenter
RB - Blount, Bradford, Spann
FB - Lorig, Graham
TE - Winslow, Boss, Saunders
WR - Williams, Benn, Stroughter, Briscoe, Parker or Spurlock
G - Joseph, Larsen, Carter, Zuttah
T - Penn, Lee, Dotson, Trueblood or Clabo
C - Faine

Defense 24 Players

RE - Edwards or Johnson, Bennett
UT - McCoy, Price, Okam
NT - Miller, Woods
LE - Kerrigan, Magee
WLB - Durant, Hayes
MLB - McKenzie, Irving
SLB - Watson, Heyward
CB - Talib, Barber, Dowling, Biggers, Lewis
FS - Black, Jones or Lynch
SS - Grimm, Asante

Special Teams  2 Players

K - Conner Barth
P - Robert Malone

Practice Squad

LB - Mario Harvey
LB - Mike Gee
DE - Doug Worthignton
DE - George Johnson
DE - EJ Wilson
?
?
?
?

That is 52, so there is actually room for one more.
   :D

Nice work JD. Why do you have Lorig over Graham? That TE crew would be the best in the NFL!  I think TB stays young and don't pick up Clabo. Man I can't wait for the draft.
: February 22, 2011, 09:07:48 PM PassThePigSkin
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDub Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools