Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs face Ring of Honor dilemma « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#60 : February 23, 2011, 03:51:43 PM

Dungy was just in the right place at the right time.    I think he should go in the Bucs ring of honor because he was associated with the team turning the corner.   But the players were the main reason for that (Sapp, Brooks, etc).   Gruden got them the ring so he goes in before Dungy.   

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#61 : February 23, 2011, 04:13:55 PM

It would do the fanbase justice if they induct Dungy and Gruden together. Better yet.... make them both wait and after Raheem wins a few Super Bowls, put him in first!

In Verner We Trust

JDog

Hall of Famer

#62 : February 23, 2011, 04:17:34 PM

It would do the fanbase justice if they induct Dungy and Gruden together.

Good idea.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#63 : February 23, 2011, 05:35:32 PM

Sileo this morning says they should put in Hugh Culverhouse.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#64 : February 23, 2011, 06:49:12 PM

Without Hugh, Tampa never gets a team.  So it's not so far fetched.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#65 : February 24, 2011, 03:18:23 AM

Don't understand the gruden hate. He deserves to be in the ring of honor in my opinion. He got us are first and only super bowl ring. It's a easy choice  in my opinion. Honestly they should bring Gruden and Dungy in together. That would be pretty cool.

There really isn't all that much Gruden hate overall.   But on this forum there is.   That's mostly because the people who liked Gruden don't like the way the team has been assembled these days so they don't follow the team anymore.   That is verified by the blackouts during the season.   There actually aren't many Buc fans left and mostly the ones that are left were the ones who drove Gruden out of town on a rail.   Bring in a new head coach and new philosophy and the fans will come back.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#66 : February 24, 2011, 11:19:32 AM

java is back.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#67 : February 24, 2011, 07:03:59 PM

Most of you are going for the flash players from when we finally began to be good. To me, the next person to get into the RoH is Paul Gruber. He was the 1 lone good player on many years worth of **CENSORED**e teams, he was drafted a Buc, he retired a Buc and played very good football and hardly ever got recognised. Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber et al will most likely end up in the HoF, our RoH should honour them but not yet, let them get thier HoF busts and instead honour a quiet man who was the 1 lone rock in an otherwise forgetable stretch of our history.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#68 : February 24, 2011, 07:41:43 PM

James Wilder definitely doesn't get enough love. But as for Gruber, the thing I remember most vividly about him is that had he not gotten hurt when he did, we probably win the '99 NFC title game. That's not really fair, but the way it is.

In Verner We Trust

JDog

Hall of Famer

#69 : February 24, 2011, 07:46:48 PM

I don't know about Gruber, but had Dilfer not gotten hurt that year, the Bucs would have won the superbowl.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#70 : February 24, 2011, 08:43:01 PM

Most of you are going for the flash players from when we finally began to be good. To me, the next person to get into the RoH is Paul Gruber. He was the 1 lone good player on many years worth of **CENSORED**e teams, he was drafted a Buc, he retired a Buc and played very good football and hardly ever got recognised. Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber et al will most likely end up in the HoF, our RoH should honour them but not yet, let them get thier HoF busts and instead honour a quiet man who was the 1 lone rock in an otherwise forgetable stretch of our history.

Well put.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs face Ring of Honor dilemma « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools