Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodney Hudson's weight no longer an issue... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yungbull

Starter
: February 25, 2011, 09:46:43 AM

Maybe a 2nd rounder?

Combine weigh-in results:

Rodney Hudson, G, Florida State   
Rodney Hudson played in the low 280s during the season. He was 291 at the Senior Bowl. On Thursday, he weighed in at 6-2, 299. Hudson is very talented, but his weight was always a concern. Not so much right now.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 25, 2011, 09:50:24 AM

Wow, he may be a top 20 pick if he lights up the combine at that weight.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 25, 2011, 10:11:03 AM

He had a soft looking body  with man boobs at the senior bowl and now has added another 10 pounds....is it muscle or fat?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 25, 2011, 10:16:18 AM

I don't like to see players transform their bodies after the season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 25, 2011, 10:55:59 AM

I read a note that he looked like a blob of fat at the weigh in

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 25, 2011, 11:12:00 AM

Isn't that what all college players do to show they have a nfl body?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 25, 2011, 11:12:43 AM

If he checks out good. I think Hudson might be able to get faine from center.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 25, 2011, 11:15:28 AM

But all the film on him is with his college body.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 25, 2011, 11:20:41 AM

i find it ironic that he is the most undersized OL prospect of note and yet he is all fat.  the guy gets it done on the field but he definitely scares me.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 25, 2011, 11:25:12 AM

A lot of college players don't play at the same weight they did in college. You either have to lose weight or gain it. Mount Cody lost some. The NT from Baylor who will go high this year lost weight.  Tyron Smith, Hudson, and  Nate Solder Gained weight. Even Bradford gained weight.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 25, 2011, 11:28:03 AM

i find it ironic that he is the most undersized OL prospect of note and yet he is all fat.  the guy gets it done on the field but he definitely scares me.

Who knows maybe he can play like that, some off-season training with a NFL team could turn his body form around. I like the nasty fat linemen, if he can play the same way he did before the added weight i'm happy. This draft is looking good at Guard if TB wants to pick one later rounds will be full of Oline talent! man can't wait to see who TB adds.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 25, 2011, 11:30:54 AM

We are going for larger lineman. Hudson is the opposite of what our line coach is looking for.   Training in the Florida heat will melt that fat off of him and he will be smaller than Faine. I say no to Hudson.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 25, 2011, 11:40:11 AM

A lot of college players don't play at the same weight they did in college. You either have to lose weight or gain it. Mount Cody lost some. The NT from Baylor who will go high this year lost weight.  Tyron Smith, Hudson, and  Nate Solder Gained weight. Even Bradford gained weight.
I much prefer to see linemen losing weight as they go to the NFL than gaining. Don't you feel a lot better saying, "Man, imagine how much better he can be without all that fat" than, "Man, imagine how much better he can be carrying another 20 lbs"?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 25, 2011, 11:47:15 AM

I much prefer to see linemen losing weight as they go to the NFL than gaining. Don't you feel a lot better saying, "Man, imagine how much better he can be without all that fat" than, "Man, imagine how much better he can be carrying another 20 lbs"?

Most of the time if they have to lose weight it's a red flag. I would like to know that a player can add weight to his frame and has good conditioning or you get guys like Andre Smith of the Bengals. I see Hudson as a powerful player unlike Faine who is soft at the Point. Hudson was cut up at 290 and with NFL training he an get his body looking they way it's supposed to instead of the water look he has going now.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 25, 2011, 12:42:10 PM

Try WesBunting on twitter

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodney Hudson's weight no longer an issue... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools