Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has anyone on this board been sick these past couple weeks??? « previous next »
Page: 1

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

: February 25, 2011, 03:30:05 PM

I've been sick as a dog since Tues. It's knocked me out of work since then. Been having fevers off and on, weakness, diarrhea(cha cha cha), sore throat and congested sinus', loss of appetite, headaches off and on, etc. I know that the pollen levels are through the roof and I figured that would be the cause. I don't ever get sick so I always get paranoid when I do. So I was curious if anyone else on this board has been sick recently and how long did it take till you got over it?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 25, 2011, 04:50:22 PM

Been a week so far. Same symptoms.  My wife has had it two weeks. My friend, who we stayed with for a week and who must have gotten it from her, has had it for a week.

A lot of people at the pawn shop have had it. Average length was a week to ten days. All with that nasty cough lingering. One woman was told they wanted to admit her to the hospital because it turned into pneumonia.

I went to the doctor's office the other day and 4 or 5 people were waiting with the same cough.

It sucks!

I've never been this tired when I was sick.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 25, 2011, 06:20:47 PM

I've have some of the symptoms. I think I slept 14 hours yesterday and still was tired. Same today.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : February 25, 2011, 06:42:43 PM

I've been sick of the right wing rhetoric coming from this board.

But you folks sound like you have the flu. Probably neglected getting the flu shot or H1N1 shot.  No health care?

PS get well soon - drinks lots of fluids to rehydrate, wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough - pop a few motrin for fever/aches/pains if you can tolerate taking motrin.

: February 25, 2011, 06:44:43 PM morgan

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 25, 2011, 06:52:43 PM

I looked at Vegas' pollen level and it was at 8.5 out of 12 being the highest, same as where I am at which is 30 miles N of TB. Which is likely the cause due to the high pollen count. Good news for Joe, bad news for us here in Central Florida, Vegas' pollen count will drop drastically, while ours will continue to climb. Come Monday, the pollen count is expected to reach a staggering 11.4! So all you friendly Floridians out there might want to consider investing in a surgical mask. It may look goofy, but it will do you a lot more good than harm. And this TB40 with your weekly pollen forecast.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 25, 2011, 10:55:07 PM

I've been sick of the right wing rhetoric coming from this board.

But you folks sound like you have the flu. Probably neglected getting the flu shot or H1N1 shot.  No health care?

PS get well soon - drinks lots of fluids to rehydrate, wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough - pop a few motrin for fever/aches/pains if you can tolerate taking motrin.

Thanks Morgan for the "get well soon", I still don't like ya, but thanks anyways! You go ahead and vaccine it up and neurologically damage your body. If this is the flu, than its been years since I had it. So I guess I'm doing pretty good job in not getting the shot. Just because you get the shot, doesn't mean your protected from getting the flu, that was admitted by the CDC. Also, in children, they are 2-3 times likely to get the flu if they have the shot, so what's the point? I'm not even going to go in the hoax that is swine flu.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 25, 2011, 11:02:17 PM

I agree with Morgan. I'm pretty sure what we have is the flu. Never had anything like this before.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#7 : February 26, 2011, 12:56:17 PM

Well, I got up this morning and was spitting out gobs of blood so I panicked. Went to the hospital and they ran some test, they did an x-ray of my chest and determined I have bronchitis. The whole spitting out the blood still freaks me out, I hope thats what it was and not something else. Ive read that blood does happen though in bronchitis, but this was ALOT! Hopefully this won't be my last post.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 26, 2011, 03:16:07 PM

smoker?

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 26, 2011, 03:43:40 PM

I was a smoker till about a month ago. I took up smoking black n milds for a only about 7 months though. I've been sick more times during the process of being smoke free this past month then when I was smoking, which was none. Like a buddy of mine, he use to be an alchy, but when he drank he was never sick, but when he quit now he always sick. Makes no sense. I think what happened now since they determined it was bronchitis. The past few nights I would wake up in the middle of night with my throat being extremely dry, to where I would have to have a glass of water by my side every night to keep it moist. I think my throat got irritated enough to the point of being so dry, that it might have irritated a blood vessel and cause bleeding. I havent spit up any blood since this morning which is good, just hopefully it doesn't pop its ugly head up again. doctor prescribed an antibiotic for the bronchitis, called azythromycin. take 2 the first day and one for the next 4. Must be some really powerful s#%t.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 27, 2011, 08:21:53 AM

Ever had the flu, where when you puke you **CENSORED** at the same time? That stuff blows.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 27, 2011, 08:37:39 AM

Ever had the flu, where when you puke you **CENSORED** at the same time? That stuff blows out both ends.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has anyone on this board been sick these past couple weeks??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools