Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs meet with QB Josh Portis « previous next »
Page: 1

YReceiver14

Starter

« : February 27, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »

Lions meet with QB Josh Portis at NFL combine

...Portis, who’s expected to be one of the fastest quarterbacks during 40-yard-dash timing today, also met with the Jets, Raiders, Dolphins, Buccaneers, Cowboys, Jaguars, Packers, Bengals, Texans, Chargers and Seahawks, according to Brownell’s tweet.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110227/SPORTS01/110227006/Lions-meet-QB-Josh-Portis-NFL-combine

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #1 : February 27, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »

Got some up-close experience with this kid at Maryland.  Obviously a great athlete, but a brick for a head.  Cheated on a pop quiz at Maryland so got suspended for a year.  When he was passed on the depth chart that year, and couldn't regain it the year after, he transferred to a D3 school.  He had a TON of problems with snap counts, and when we brought him in for the "Portis Package" (similar to the Johnson package we have now), it seemed like half the time there was a false start or delay of game.  That being said, he's a ridiculous athlete, and throws a real nice ball.  If he has his presnap and off field issues behind him, he could be a decent 6th/7th round pick if we were to ship Johnson elsewhere.

Tampafan8251

Starter
« #2 : February 27, 2011, 04:01:08 PM »

is there going to be a full list of which players we met with, I think I remember PR doing an article on that last year but I can't remember

YReceiver14

Starter

« #3 : February 27, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »

is there going to be a full list of which players we met with, I think I remember PR doing an article on that last year but I can't remember

I think they wrote an article about the pre-draft visits.

Either way, I've only seen Devine and Portis as confirmed combine meetings.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : February 28, 2011, 01:06:52 AM »

I would imagine Dominik and the boys meeting with everyone.  What else do they have to do up there?  Even if they are not interested in drafting a kid, that getting to know you thing could come in handy down the road.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 28, 2011, 02:08:24 AM »

Well, by NFL rules a team can only meet with 60 players at the combine.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 28, 2011, 10:23:58 AM »

This dude is an idiot. Please not draft him.

He's an excellent athlete and was one of the top dual threat QB's in the country years ago but this guy makes the dumbest decisions off the field. For a "project", I REFUSE to tolerate garbage.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 28, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »

This guy has accuracy concerns and runs a sub 4.5 40... I can see him landing on a team in later rounds as a wildcat option only...

The Bucs probably met with the guy to keep him as an option should we trade JJ...

However, IMHO, I would rather keep JJ...
« : February 28, 2011, 01:38:48 PM Bucweiser »

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs meet with QB Josh Portis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools