Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm sold on Justin Houston « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

red816

Rookie

: February 28, 2011, 07:17:40 PM

6'3 270 lbs
4.6 40 yard dash
30 reps @ 225
36" vertical

This guy is perfect for Raheem's defense. He is very versatile and can be used all over the place like Raheem does with Black....only better (He can actually pass rush). I would like to have him play DE for us, which he probably would, and drop back into coverage and show different fronts like Morris likes to do.

When compared to Kerrigan, I think Houston is faster of the snap, Houston was the sack leader in a much tougher conference, and is more versatile. I don't think Kerrigan can do some of the different things Raheem likes to do with his 3-4 and 3-3-5 looks. Kerrigan lined up at outside backer during Senior Bowl practices and they say he did Ok, but still had alot to learn and would need some time to excel at that position. However, Houston has already played both positions in college and I see that as an advantage.

Anyways...Thoughts? If Houston is there at #20? Take him or leave him?

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 28, 2011, 07:22:19 PM

If he's there at 20, I see no reason why we wouldn't take him.
Fits us perfectly.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 28, 2011, 07:24:56 PM

Watching the combine from today and the analysts were impressed with him. Also liked Kerrigan's effort and he was one of the "value picks" they mentioned. I think Bucs are going to get a very good player at the #20 spot that will help the defense and pass rush quickly.

k_bassuka1

Rookie

#3 : February 28, 2011, 07:37:54 PM

I just don't see that many rookie DE being successful in the NFL, most of them are going to bust like they always do. I hope MD pick the best player available and stay away from drafting for need.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 28, 2011, 08:06:37 PM

Right now I think we should pick Justin Houston at 20.

And thats even if Kerrigan is there.

If both are gone i kind of hope we pick Carimi. He seams like a nasty blocker.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 28, 2011, 08:12:47 PM

Right now I think we should pick Justin Houston at 20.

And thats even if Kerrigan is there.

If both are gone i kind of hope we pick Carimi. He seams like a nasty blocker.

I love Houston there at 20 if Kerrigan is gone and the problem I have with Houston is he doesn't show anything other then one pass rush move. If we draft Houston he has a chance to become an elite pass rusher but definitly needs to improve on his arsenal of pass rush moves.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 28, 2011, 09:01:31 PM

I was very concerned about his size but he showed up at a great weight and still handled his drills and combine events very well

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 28, 2011, 09:05:09 PM

Justin Houston right now is the guy I want at #20.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#8 : February 28, 2011, 09:20:10 PM

Walterfootball.com suggested that he may not be as appealing to 3-4 teams.  Hopefully that's true and keeps teams like NE and San Diego from drafting him.  I think between him and Kerrigan would be a very interesting choice, and would probably come down to the interviews.  I still think Kerrigan fits better at LDE, though, so that might give Houston an advantage.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#9 : March 01, 2011, 12:17:02 AM

I can't remember, but isn't Houston the one who kept slipping in the drills? Or was that Aldon Smith?

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#10 : March 01, 2011, 12:33:45 AM

no he wasent slipping and he worked out the the LBs not the DL, he was #9 with the LBs go back and take a look  pretty good combine but the film just sells me

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 01, 2011, 12:58:10 AM

Houston,Smith,Kerrigan any one of them would be fine with me....if they are gone Carimi or Costanzo would be a good alternative with a trade up in the 2nd to take Sheard.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 01, 2011, 01:06:56 AM

Houston,Smith,Kerrigan any one of them would be fine with me....if they are gone Carimi or Costanzo would be a good alternative with a trade up in the 2nd to take Sheard.

Sounds/looks like one of those scenarios will happen.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 01, 2011, 01:11:39 AM

Houston did slip twice during one of his runs on a coverage drill..  at 270 i dont blame him.. he is a hand in the ground pass rusher.. not a coverage linebacker.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 01, 2011, 01:38:11 AM

IMO as far as options go:
1. Houston
2a. Smith
2b.  Kerrigan

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm sold on Justin Houston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools