Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm sold on Justin Houston « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 01, 2011, 01:38:45 AM

Houston did slip twice during one of his runs on a coverage drill..  at 270 i dont blame him.. he is a hand in the ground pass rusher.. not a coverage linebacker.
I just don't see why they try to say he's going to be a LB at 270 pounds.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 01, 2011, 01:46:28 AM

what does houston do that kerrigan doesnt?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 01, 2011, 02:53:25 AM

GT - Houston is a MUCH better prospect in a couple of key measures:

KEI

Houston = 77

Kerrigan's = 74.

Speed/40 time

Houston = 4.68

Kerrigan = 4.77

Houston is also 10 pounds heavier than Kerrigan, has the ability to speed rush AND bull rush.

And since we're talking about a pass rushing RDE this guy fits exactly what we've been looking for - if Kerrigan and Houston were there at #20 overall - I'd be happy to hear the Bucs call Houston's name!
: March 01, 2011, 03:03:46 AM The White Tiger

Incomparable sig by Incognito

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 01, 2011, 07:30:22 AM

are the numbers wrong on nfl.com combine page?  it has houston 3 lbs heavier and only .03 seconds faster?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 01, 2011, 07:34:19 AM

I just don't see Houston's motor and balance working out at RDE.   I'd target him as a LDE.

I don't think Kerrigan makes it to twenty... my first choice at RDE...   Houston might make it to 20.   But I prefer Smith as my second choice at spot.

I'll put up my revised board today...   

(I know you guys can't wait...)  ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 01, 2011, 08:20:02 AM

1a. Kerrigan
1b. Watt
2. Houston

I do like this Houston guy and i'm starting to buy into him a bit. As of now He's still 3rd on my list of guys that will likely be available to us at #20

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 01, 2011, 08:46:40 AM

Kerrigan, Watt, Jordan, Houston, or Quinn. I'll be happy with any of those guys.

Not sold on Aldon Smith or Adrian Clayborn though.

I do think Justin Houston might be the best true pass rushing 4-3 RE in the draft though. He needs more pass rush moves, but his get off is the fastest I've seen.
: March 01, 2011, 08:55:55 AM JDouble

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#22 : March 01, 2011, 04:33:40 PM

6'3 270 lbs
4.6 40 yard dash
30 reps @ 225
36" vertical

This guy is perfect for Raheem's defense. He is very versatile and can be used all over the place like Raheem does with Black....only better (He can actually pass rush). I would like to have him play DE for us, which he probably would, and drop back into coverage and show different fronts like Morris likes to do.

When compared to Kerrigan, I think Houston is faster of the snap, Houston was the sack leader in a much tougher conference, and is more versatile. I don't think Kerrigan can do some of the different things Raheem likes to do with his 3-4 and 3-3-5 looks. Kerrigan lined up at outside backer during Senior Bowl practices and they say he did Ok, but still had alot to learn and would need some time to excel at that position. However, Houston has already played both positions in college and I see that as an advantage.

Anyways...Thoughts? If Houston is there at #20? Take him or leave him?

I would agree that the SEC is a better conference overall, but I think it would be hard to say that the offensive linemen in the SEC are better than in the Big 10. The Big 10 is constantly pumping out quality o-linemen.

That being said, I would be happy with either of them. I think Houston provides more versatility for Raheem to drop him into coverage (I used to cringe when I would see Stylez covering a TE or RB), but I think that Kerrigan is the safer pick.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 01, 2011, 04:42:29 PM

The Big 10 doesn't have any "quality" lineman in it anymore.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 01, 2011, 07:03:28 PM

I'm becoming sold on Justin Houston - but I'm not ruling out a guy like Aldon Smith - similar numbers, but played the position, in the system, at Mizzou - no slouch when it comes to playing defense, or producing potential NFL standouts.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 01, 2011, 07:07:06 PM

If you can pass rush in the Big 12 you can pass rush anywhere.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 01, 2011, 07:20:02 PM

If you can zone-block in the Big-12, you can zone-block anywhere....perhaps that is why they are offering the defensive answers as to how to deal with offenses attempting to gain an edge by spreading out defenses.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 26, 2011, 12:43:57 PM

Quote from: Wes Bunting
Talked to two scouts this week after the Georgia pro day concerning DE Justin Houston. One said he thinks the guy is a lock to go in the top half of the first round because of his size/speed numbers. The other compared his rise to Robert Ayers a couple years ago and said he doesnt think hes anything more than a 2nd/3rd round prospect.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-3231.html

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#28 : March 26, 2011, 01:37:47 PM

I just don't see anything different in Justin Houston then I do in Ryan Kerrigan. Also, wasn't he considered an extremely dumb player? Im talking like trouble with the playbook kind of dumb? I though PR reported a thing about that. I don't want a mindless idiot running around out there with only one purpose. Ryan Kerrigan is the only DE that I want other then JJ Watt. But I know JJ Watt will not make it to 20 so its between those two for me. I would love nothing more then to get Cameron Jordan as well but that guy has no chance on making it to 20. 

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#29 : March 26, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

I just don't see anything different in Justin Houston then I do in Ryan Kerrigan. Also, wasn't he considered an extremely dumb player? Im talking like trouble with the playbook kind of dumb? I though PR reported a thing about that. I don't want a mindless idiot running around out there with only one purpose. Ryan Kerrigan is the only DE that I want other then JJ Watt. But I know JJ Watt will not make it to 20 so its between those two for me. I would love nothing more then to get Cameron Jordan as well but that guy has no chance on making it to 20.
Don't spread a rumor unless you can prove it

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm sold on Justin Houston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools