Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm sold on Justin Houston « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 26, 2011, 03:28:58 PM

I just don't see anything different in Justin Houston then I do in Ryan Kerrigan. Also, wasn't he considered an extremely dumb player? Im talking like trouble with the playbook kind of dumb? I though PR reported a thing about that. I don't want a mindless idiot running around out there with only one purpose. Ryan Kerrigan is the only DE that I want other then JJ Watt. But I know JJ Watt will not make it to 20 so its between those two for me. I would love nothing more then to get Cameron Jordan as well but that guy has no chance on making it to 20.
Please show me an instance that Ryan Kerrigan and dropped and coverage and made a huge play. Interception or big time deflection. There goes your answer.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#31 : March 26, 2011, 05:47:31 PM

I continue to believe that Kerrigan is the safest pick for us at DE.. Dominik cant whiff completely on our 1st round pick and I feel like Houston could be total bust. Here is what NFL evaluator of talent (courtesy of profootbalweekly.com) said about Justin Houston that supports that concern.

"(Georgia OLB) Justin Houston is very talented, but he could be the next Vernon Gholston. It's scary, but he shuts it down way too much. He's one of the draft's great magicians. He can disappear with the best of them."

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 26, 2011, 07:08:13 PM

I heard the same exact quote from Mike Mayock about Brian Orakpo.

Shiznit709

Second String
#33 : March 26, 2011, 11:23:59 PM

Now, I only watched two of his game tapes but Houston seems like that one trick pony type of guy. I love his speed and athleticism, but its the same move to the outside and beat the tackle with speed. and veteran NFL tackle would be able to handle that. Im liking jabaal sheard more and more

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 27, 2011, 02:39:54 AM

I cannot stand his "footage".  Not impressed by Houston at all...if the Bucs him, I will be severely dissapointed. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 27, 2011, 09:50:59 AM

I think Houston has the quickest get off of any DE in this draft. It is true that he is a one trick pony right now, but Tackles are going to respect and fear his quickness. Which means if he can be coached up and learn to use inside moves they will be very effective. It really all comes down to whether he is a smart coachable kid or a numb nuts that will never evolve from the one trick pony he is now.

Draft Aaron Donald

Shiznit709

Second String
#36 : March 27, 2011, 11:14:07 AM

If these new d-line coaches can help him develop some moves then lets get him

BucD

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 27, 2011, 12:28:11 PM

I really like Houston, I'm a big fan of his, but I'm starting to like Akeem Ayers more and more.  I really believe one of those two is going to be the pick for us at 20...that is unless Dom decides to trade up into the top 15 to grab Kerrigan or another DE to slipped.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 27, 2011, 12:48:11 PM

I think both Akeem and Houston are projects. I like them both, but I can't help but wonder if we really want to draft a project guy in the first round.

Draft Aaron Donald

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 27, 2011, 01:35:14 PM

lets hope the 2  new de line coachs can do their magic on whoever we draft.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 27, 2012, 10:17:31 AM

4 sacks in 3 games so far this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 27, 2012, 10:28:00 AM

3 of them came against saints.  hopefully that trend continues.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#42 : September 27, 2012, 02:45:39 PM

Who is he playing for...did we pick him up or something?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 27, 2012, 02:48:40 PM

He plays for Kansas City. He was a guy people had as a first rounder coming out but ended up going in the third round. We drafted Clayborn and Bowers over him.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#44 : September 27, 2012, 02:51:42 PM

He plays for Kansas City. He was a guy people had as a first rounder coming out but ended up going in the third round. We drafted Clayborn and Bowers over him.

Just wondering why we are talking about him on these boards at this particular time. I guess that I don't get it.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm sold on Justin Houston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools