Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers cut AJ Hawk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsWin31

Starter

#15 : March 02, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

he's now #1 on my free agent list

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 02, 2011, 07:09:56 PM

A.J. Hawks Brother Weighs in on Twitter: What a great way to repay the captain of your defense who helped you win a super bowl.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 02, 2011, 07:13:32 PM

Hawk wouldn't be any better than Ruud in a 4-3 defense, as he's shown in the past.

From a Packers fan
I didn't like him when he played LB in the 4-3. He can't cover RBs and TEs man-to-man.

His greatest asset to us is that he's assignment sure, and has great command of our scheme.

I only see him drawing interest of 3-4 teams that need a playcaller and tend to play zone. He's not a great blitzer, he's not a great thumper, and he isn't very athletic.

But, as I said, he's incredibly bright, he commands the defense very well, and he's ok to good at everything.

Sound like anyone familiar?

Hmm from the look of his stats his best year was in a 4-3 defense. That was the same year he was on the all Rookie 1st team. So that fan could just be a troll. Hawk has a bigger Frame than Ruud and plays a lot more physical. He is in his Prime right now just coming off a good 2010 season.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 02, 2011, 07:15:19 PM

A.J. Hawks Brother Weighs in on Twitter: What a great way to repay the captain of your defense who helped you win a super bowl.

He is right so lets go TB and pay this man to be the captain of our great young football team.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2011, 07:19:34 PM

Definitely an upgrade over Ruud. The Pack said they were hopeful to reach a new deal  - so that says something, 
Hopefully we can one-up them.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 02, 2011, 07:34:14 PM

The good this is that having another MLB of similar or greater talent than Ruud on the market at the same time lowers Ruud's value a little on the free agency market should the Bucs decide to re-sign him.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#21 : March 02, 2011, 08:02:04 PM

He might be marginally better than Ruud...I actually doubt that really. He might be more physical than Ruud(which isn't saying much), but he isn't even close to being a thumper. He's terrible in coverage, which is historically pretty important in our defense for a MLB. We'd just be changing what we complain about while watching our average MLB.

He's a better fit at WLB, and Geno needs the competition. I wouldn't mind that.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 02, 2011, 08:15:18 PM

He's terrible in coverage, which is historically pretty important in our defense for a MLB.

Historically is the key term in that sentence.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 02, 2011, 08:34:31 PM

He would be a good SLB IMO, and could provide depth at the other 2 spots.

Definitely worth a look.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 02, 2011, 08:36:07 PM

Hawk at SSLB would be cool.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 02, 2011, 09:21:47 PM

If they are going to pay Hawk, they might as well keep Ruud.  Ruud understands his teammates better, his coach better, and he is better in coverage which is key for his position.  Hawk is not all that.  He is a better tackler, but he isn;t as smooth in coverage, IMO.

Pass.  Give that money to Ruud if you are going out on a limb.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 02, 2011, 09:30:27 PM

I wouldn't give either of these guys the kind of money Ruud appears to be seeking.

The fact that the Pack weren't able to renegotiate the contract with Hawk might mean he is doing the same thing.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 02, 2011, 10:15:35 PM

Looks like both guys are looking to break the bank in a free-agent market whenever that comes around. Wouldn't overpay for either.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 02, 2011, 10:20:11 PM

How id Hawk looking to break the bank in Free Agency? He was cut involuntarily. It's not like he refused a tender or passed up a good contract offer. Who knows what he is asking for?

Draft Aaron Donald

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 02, 2011, 10:23:45 PM

I like to put it this way atleast in my eyes Barrett Ruud and AJ Hawk are virtually the same player but Hawk is more vocal, stronger, can shed blocks, and you wont see him get blown up by running backs... I think Hawk was in the wrong system and Ruud might actually get more offered to him in free agency. I would love to see Hawk come to our team and play MLB.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers cut AJ Hawk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools