Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Moore goes on a rant against the rich « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: March 03, 2011, 12:06:21 AM

"They're sitting on the money, they're using it for their own -- they're putting it someplace else with no interest in helping you with your life, with that money. We've allowed them to take that. That's not theirs, that's a national resource, that's ours. We all have this -- we all benefit from this or we all suffer as a result of not having it," Michael Moore told Laura Flanders of GRITtv.

"I think we need to go back to taxing these people at the proper rates. They need to -- we need to see these jobs as something we some, that we collectively own as Americans and you can't just steal our jobs and take them someplace else," Moore concluded.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/03/02/moore_on_wealthy_peoples_money_thats_not_theirs_thats_a_national_resource_its_ours.html

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#1 : March 03, 2011, 12:22:08 AM

I agree with him.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 03, 2011, 01:25:36 AM

"We've allowed them to take that. That's not theirs, that's a national resource, that's ours. "

No Mikey, that is my money. It isn't like it grew up from the earth. I made the right choices in life, I worked to earn and pay for my degrees and I work hard for my money, It sure as %^&*& ain't yours.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 03, 2011, 04:01:27 AM

Moore is a communist and a complete moron. He's too stupid to make a good point.

But in 2008, the rich screwed up bad. The banks screwed up. Investors screwed up. The government screwed up. Speculators REALLY screwed up. So what do we do to solve the problem? We take tax payers money...and bailed out the rich. Did the middle class get any of that money? Nope! Now the banks are sitting on that money. And the middle-class tax payer is struggling to pay their mortgages. Meanwhile the government signed these stupid trade agreements over the past 20 years that completely destroyed the manufacturing sector of our economy. These corporations pulled the rug out from millions of workers so they can employ someone in China or Mexico for $0.75 cents an hour. And the government let them do it. Now cities are going broke. States are trying to declare bankruptcy. Why? The loss of people making income leads to less tax revenue.

And then people wonder why there is so much anger out there towards the government? I'll tell you this much, the government better figure out a way to fix this problem. Because if it gets worse, what we see going on in the mid-east, Greece, and Portugal is eventually going to happen here. People are getting pissed, frustrated, and depressed. Look at the anger last year with the election. Look what is going on in Wisconsin right now. This will all be worse in 2012 if the economy doesnt improve.
: March 03, 2011, 04:11:34 AM cyberdude558

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : March 03, 2011, 06:01:33 AM

I agree with him.

Then move to a communist country where you will be happier.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : March 03, 2011, 06:48:56 AM

I agree with him.

Maybe you should  tell the idiots exactly what you agree with, otherwise, they'll think that you believe EVERYTHING that Moore puts out there.
: March 03, 2011, 06:50:53 AM morgan

JDog

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 03, 2011, 07:21:57 AM

I find it interesting that most of the US oil companies I work for are not paying US taxes on their oil production.   They register their company in places like the Cayman Islands or the Seychelles so they don't have to pay those taxes.   I'm not sure what the government can do about it though.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : March 03, 2011, 07:23:23 AM

A lot of corporations don't pay taxes - not unusual in the United States.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 03, 2011, 07:29:05 AM

A lot of corporations don't pay taxes - not unusual in the United States.

Not unusual in any democratic country.   But what can you do about it other than convert to communism and full governmental control?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 03, 2011, 08:56:14 AM

Michael Moore is the typical"Do as I say and not as I do" Progressive Elitist. Perhaps we can start by selling his 10-acre, waterfront home in Michigan. That would certainly help a few of the poor and homeless.

Oh, and I observe he is currently suing his Movie distributor for more of the profits of his movies. Maybe he is entitled to them, maybe not, but he sure has a fascination with getting and keeping a boat load of money for someone who is ravenously keen for other people to be liberated of theirs!
: March 03, 2011, 08:58:02 AM spartan

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 03, 2011, 09:03:49 AM

Is it just rich people's money that is a national resource or is everyone's money included in that?

And how do you "collectively own" anything? If 310 million people own a piece of my business when I get down to dividing up the profits, everyone efffectively gets nothing.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 03, 2011, 09:18:20 AM

Is it just rich people's money that is a national resource or is everyone's money included in that?

No, just yours and mine. His doesn't count.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 03, 2011, 09:21:12 AM

there should be better job creation tax credits to get the rich to use their wealth to stimulate the economy.  general tax cuts on the rich are not getting the job done.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 03, 2011, 09:22:02 AM

I think we should collectively share all lottery winnings.

I think we should collectively share each others cars when needed.

I think we should collectively share each others underwear.

I think we should collectively share each others houses.

I think we should collectively share each others twinkies.

I think everyone's name should be on the patent application form for any new invention.

I think that everyone should receive dividends from GM and Chrysler.

I think that everyone should be listed as the author of any new book.

I think that everyone should receive royalties from the latest hit song.

I think that everyone should get a night in the White House.

I think that everyone should be listed in every will.

I think if you send your kid to college you should have to send everyone's kid to college.

I think Charlie Sheen should have to get hookers for everyone.

I think when someone makes a documentary everyone should receive profit from it.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 03, 2011, 09:26:23 AM

I agree with him.

Is that because you're waiting around for someone to take an interest in helping you with your life with that money of theirs?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Moore goes on a rant against the rich « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools