Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Comes to Mind? (9 dead afghan boys) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

: March 03, 2011, 02:09:51 AM

Upon reading this - what does this make you think about?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/world/asia/03afghan.html?src=me

"Shouldna been there"?

or -

what about yourself? Your duty to Country? The United States of America? - or your allegiance to it? Capitalism - or the paradigm that it promotes? "Our" government?
"Our" role on the earth? "Borders"? The human species?

what do you think?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : March 03, 2011, 07:27:46 AM

Disgusting

Why are we there again?   

I don't see any logical reason not to pull out of there.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 03, 2011, 09:00:47 AM

The word "mistake?"

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 03, 2011, 11:32:57 AM

Collateral damage ...

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 03, 2011, 12:16:52 PM

yeah i'm with you, jdog.  just curious what other people think.  thanks for the posts so far

#5 : March 03, 2011, 03:56:23 PM

That Satan is the ruler of this world (Luke 4:6 John 12:31,14:30 & 16:11   2 Cor 4:4  Eph 2:2) & he's the one that put national borders on the map, not our Creator.

Also that our allegiance should be to our Creator & not any temporary man made country or government. (Dan 2:44, Matt 6:9-10)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 03, 2011, 04:12:26 PM

What comes to mind is "now a bunch of sissified liberals are all going to rant and rave against the US even though the article CLEARLY states NATO gunships, NOT U.S. choppers."

If it had been U.S. military, the article would CLEARLY state that because that brings ratings and headlines. The FACT that it says NATO without indicating which NATO country, indicates to me an attempt to blame the US for something some other country (Italy, Germany, Poland, Norway, Spain, Romania, Turkey, etc.) did.

Lets face it, a headline with "Albanian gunships, that were part of NATO, kill 9 boys" isn't going to get the same response as "NATO (wink*wink*the US is part of NATO) kills 9 boys"

JDog

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 03, 2011, 06:28:04 PM

Ya, it was NATO that did it.    Then again, who started this by going in there in the first place?    I don't believe it was NATO.    Just sayin.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 03, 2011, 07:36:12 PM

Ya, it was NATO that did it.    Then again, who started this by going in there in the first place?    I don't believe it was NATO.    Just sayin.

I believe it was some bat-$h|t crazy arab named Bin Laden that started it by attacking us on 9/11 and killing 3000+ innocent bystanders.

JEEZ-"who started it?" might as well blame Sikorski for inventing the helicopter

JDog

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 03, 2011, 08:08:28 PM

Uh huh.   And that bat **CENSORED** crazy arab is still safe and sound in Pakistan.    Amazing how the US couldn't get him - isn't it?....

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : March 03, 2011, 08:12:39 PM

Uh huh.   And that bat **CENSORED** crazy arab is still safe and sound in Pakistan.

Too bad he isn't using Afghanistan to recruit and train psychos to attack us. Is that what you're saying?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 03, 2011, 08:25:49 PM

He could do the exact same thing in Pakistan.  Don't kid yourself.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#12 : March 03, 2011, 10:44:34 PM

I believe it was some bat-$h|t crazy arab named Bin Laden that started it by attacking us on 9/11 and killing 3000+ innocent bystanders.

oh c'mon, you know its not as linear as that

surface events - such as the one I posted here (and what happened in 2001) - are simply bits of evidence of the true interworkings and motivations of the people that have attained a certain amount of power in this world - acquired through whatever vein: political, religious, violent coercion, etc...

and so Illuminator - when you say he's using "Afghanistan" to recruit and train psychos, don't you think it is more accurate to say that he's using religion to brainwash people, rather than the plot of land he stands on?  Afghanistan is just an appropriate environment for the propagation of such ideas.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 04, 2011, 12:57:34 PM

oh c'mon, you know its not as linear as that

When it comes to placing blame, as JDog is attempting to, it is VERY linear- THE GUY THAT PULLED THE TRIGGER IS TO BLAME. If you want to include the guy that gave the order to pull that specific trigger, okay. But using the SIPOMA logic that "who started it years ago" as a defense for NOT READING THE ARTICLE and knowing it was NATO, not US pilots involved is bovine feces.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 05, 2011, 04:29:54 PM

How can we blame Americans - that is what came to my mind. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Comes to Mind? (9 dead afghan boys) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools