Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Comes to Mind? (9 dead afghan boys) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : March 05, 2011, 04:35:47 PM

How can we blame Americans - that is what came to my mind.

And that would be appropriate.   That is exactly where the blame belongs.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 05, 2011, 04:42:44 PM

You are right. If Americans would start buying more heroin, that place would be a paradise and NATO forces wouldn't be needed.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 05, 2011, 04:43:30 PM

You keep working at it - to date you're not very convincing.  And if the loss of life were not so sad - your efforts would be laughable as well as tiresome. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDog

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 05, 2011, 04:44:28 PM

If I'm not mistaken, there is more heroin purchased in the USA than any country in the world.   Americans are already doing their part on that front.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 05, 2011, 04:53:34 PM

I will defer to your greater knowledge of heroin sales.  So that has what to do with Americans being responsible for mistaken identity for the 9 unfortunate boys by a helicopter owned and operated by another country - are you thinking the US is there for heroin intervention?  Or were you thinking US forces sent NATO forces out for heroin intervention? Here I was thinking the American armed forces were fighting a war against terrorists - one of us needs to read up on this one.  But I am confident if you get ahold of say, the Huffington Post there is a link.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#20 : March 05, 2011, 04:58:55 PM

Uh huh.   And that bat **CENSORED** crazy arab is still safe and sound in Pakistan.

Too bad he isn't using Afghanistan to recruit and train psychos to attack us. Is that what you're saying?

So Bin Laden recruited 17 Saudi Arabian terrorists in Afghanistan?  Thats news to me.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 05, 2011, 05:00:32 PM

I will defer to your greater knowledge of heroin sales.  So that has what to do with Americans being responsible for mistaken identity for the 9 unfortunate boys by a helicopter owned and operated by another country - are you thinking the US is there for heroin intervention?  Or were you thinking US forces sent NATO forces out for heroin intervention? Here I was thinking the American armed forces were fighting a war against terrorists - one of us needs to read up on this one.  But I am confident if you get ahold of say, the Huffington Post there is a link.

Sorry, but that is my fault. I forgot that to appreciate and understand satire and sarcasm, one had to have a fully developed reading ability.

Heck, Dave, you even warned me:

You need to knock that off JG?  There are those on this board who will believe that

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#22 : March 05, 2011, 05:03:21 PM

I dont want to blame America for this, only the individuals responsible.      Bush for starting an unwuinnable "war on terrorism". Obama for continuing it. And Reagans "war on drugs" for allowing drug cartels and terrorists to flourish.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 05, 2011, 05:05:01 PM

Uh huh.   And that bat **CENSORED** crazy arab is still safe and sound in Pakistan.

Too bad he isn't using Afghanistan to recruit and train psychos to attack us. Is that what you're saying?

So Bin Laden recruited 17 Saudi Arabian terrorists in Afghanistan?  Thats news to me.

Compound sentences can be tough, but I'll help you.

Illuminator wrote "recruit and train" the "and" means he BOTH recruited AND ALSO trained. And Yes, the 17 were trained or instructed on the details of the mission in Afghanistan.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 05, 2011, 05:37:58 PM

Now you're back on track.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#25 : March 05, 2011, 05:45:50 PM

Compound sentences can be tough, but I'll help you.

Illuminator wrote "recruit and train" the "and" means he BOTH recruited AND ALSO trained. And Yes, the 17 were trained or instructed on the details of the mission in Afghanistan.

Your condescending remarks are cute, but it is you who needs the lesson. The terrorists were partially trained in Afghanistan, but they were NOT recruited there. Both, and, or also, DO NOT APPLY. 

None of the attackers were from Afghanistan. 15 were from Saudi Arabia, 2 from United Arab Emirates, One from Egypt, and one from Lebanon.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 05, 2011, 05:51:53 PM

nybucguy - if you continue to have issues reading and comprehending the sentences this place will default to Morgan and Karen level posts.

Yes - the terrorists came from outside of Afghanistan.  That is what Illuminator said, and JG? restated.  They were trained in Afghanistan - that is what everyone (including you) said.  Now if one wished to think the recruiter was from Afghanistan and that should be considered in qualifying Afghanistan into both categories - that could be done... with a minimal effort.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#27 : March 05, 2011, 06:04:04 PM

Yes - the terrorists came from outside of Afghanistan.  That is what Illuminator said
[/quote]

Show me where in this thread that Illuminator acknowledged the attckers wre not from Afghanistan Mr. reading comprehension?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 05, 2011, 06:24:29 PM

I will defer to your greater knowledge of heroin sales.  So that has what to do with Americans being responsible for mistaken identity for the 9 unfortunate boys by a helicopter owned and operated by another country - are you thinking the US is there for heroin intervention?

I guess you are addressing that towards Galt since he is the one who brought up heroin.  I only responded to him on that, I wasn't bringing it up as a main topic of conversation.   I see he responded to it already though...   with this quote:
"You need to knock that off JG?  There are those on this board who will believe that"     LOL!  Funny you fell for your own game and took that seriously.

"
: March 05, 2011, 06:28:55 PM JDog

JDog

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 05, 2011, 06:26:11 PM

They were trained in Afghanistan - that is what everyone (including you) said. 

Actually, the 9/11 attackers were trained as pilots in Florida in the US of A.    I guess we should have attacked Florida as well.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Comes to Mind? (9 dead afghan boys) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools