Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Comes to Mind? (9 dead afghan boys) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : March 05, 2011, 06:43:49 PM

Show me where in this thread that Illuminator acknowledged the attckers wre not from Afghanistan Mr. reading comprehension?

Why would I? I never said they were from Afghanistan to begin with.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#31 : March 05, 2011, 06:47:06 PM

nybucguy - if you continue to have issues reading and comprehending the sentences this place will default to Morgan and Karen level posts.

Yes - the terrorists came from outside of Afghanistan.  That is what Illuminator said, and JG? restated.  They were trained in Afghanistan - that is what everyone (including you) said.  Now if one wished to think the recruiter was from Afghanistan and that should be considered in qualifying Afghanistan into both categories - that could be done... with a minimal effort.

If it took minimal effort, you would have done it.     Also, Mr. Reading comprehension, if therecruiter was "from" Afghanistan, you would also know Bin Laden is also from Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan. If you are implying that some abstract middle man went out and recruited these men, ill add an excerpt from the 9/11 commission.....

"Like many other al Qaeda operatives, the Saudis who eventually became the muscle hijackers were targeted for recruitment outside Afghanistan- probably in Saudi Arabia itself. Al Qaeda recruiters, certain clerics, and-in a few cases-family members probably all played a role in spotting potential candidates. Several of the muscle hijackers seem to have been recruited through contacts at local universities and mosques.93 "

Stop trying to diminsh me with your pathetic online bullying tactics.

: March 05, 2011, 06:49:04 PM nybuccguy

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#32 : March 05, 2011, 06:53:43 PM

Show me where in this thread that Illuminator acknowledged the attckers wre not from Afghanistan Mr. reading comprehension?

Why would I? I never said they were from Afghanistan to begin with.

You said they were recruited from there. Perhaps Im knit picking. I was taking issue with your implication that the war there is justified due to terrorism. I was simply pointing out the fact that Saudi Arabia had just as much, if not more to do with 9/11 than Afghanistan. While they had some training going on in Afghanistan at that time, Al Qaeda was and is a worldwide organization and does now warrant an extended occupation of a country.

\

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 05, 2011, 06:56:18 PM

That's interesting. I don't recall even mentioning the 9/11 attackers.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 05, 2011, 10:44:57 PM

nybucguy - if you continue to have issues reading and comprehending the sentences this place will default to Morgan and Karen level posts.

Yes - the terrorists came from outside of Afghanistan.  That is what Illuminator said, and JG? restated.  They were trained in Afghanistan - that is what everyone (including you) said.  Now if one wished to think the recruiter was from Afghanistan and that should be considered in qualifying Afghanistan into both categories - that could be done... with a minimal effort.

If it took minimal effort, you would have done it.     Also, Mr. Reading comprehension, if therecruiter was "from" Afghanistan, you would also know Bin Laden is also from Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan. If you are implying that some abstract middle man went out and recruited these men, ill add an excerpt from the 9/11 commission.....

"Like many other al Qaeda operatives, the Saudis who eventually became the muscle hijackers were targeted for recruitment outside Afghanistan- probably in Saudi Arabia itself. Al Qaeda recruiters, certain clerics, and-in a few cases-family members probably all played a role in spotting potential candidates. Several of the muscle hijackers seem to have been recruited through contacts at local universities and mosques.93 "

You diminish yourself with this nonsense.   Bin Laden spent years in Afghanistan fighting Russians (with US training and assistance) - he was in Afghanistan for years.  He was there when the US soldiers were sent there.  From doesn't mean someone was born where is was at when performing a certain activity.

So again, you need to read a bit more closely, or post a bit more carefully.  And if feel bullied by my comments to date I would suspect you will not like this board very much. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#35 : March 05, 2011, 11:24:21 PM

The 911 terrorists were trained in Vero Beach, Florida.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 06, 2011, 12:14:59 AM

It's funny watching people get butthurt when corrected on their crap.

Bottom line is you popped into thread trying to be a smartazz or using these same "pathetic online bullying tactics", but fell flat on your face.  Just eat it and move on.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 06, 2011, 02:01:00 AM

The fish aren't usually biting in the Cove, Java...

And if feel bullied by my comments to date I would suspect you will not like this board very much.

...cause the water's always too choppy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 06, 2011, 02:13:45 AM

It is actually possible.  I highly doubt the terrorists, AKA the PILOTS, received the vital training of flying planes as weapons into small specific targets in he comfy and heralded classrooms of Afghanistan.  Schidt man, we have women who go to firing ranges capping of .357 rounds...point being, the guns they have aren't really the issue.  It is the bombs, the potential to secure and acquire, and sneaky sneaky them onto our turf that is the issue.  I could care less if they were trained to fire rockets and durable AK47s in that blowwjob'd country known as Afghanistan.  Who cares about that.  The Saudis were trained to fly those planes elsewhere...the States.  That is where the crux of that argument lies, IMO.  Afghanistan is a hellhole, and a few tac nukes is the answer to that problem if it is truly a breeding ground for terrorists.  Terrorists need to learn how to shoot, reload, move.  They can do that anywhere.  That is the problem.  They need to find psychos that are willing to kill themselves to provide their posterity a better financial means for their lives.  Martydom...ain't it grand?  (not).

Education is the key.  Not their stupid firing ranges.  The terrorists are trying to invest their capital by training these new breed terrorists to commit crimes beyond the easy ability to squeeze a trigger.  As I said, a woman can fire a HK at a range...that is training.  Shooting rockets in the mountains?  Who cares.

Time to watch who is getting educated to commit these sorts of crimes.  AKA the PILOTS.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 06, 2011, 03:07:02 AM

Afghanistan is a hellhole, and a few tac nukes is the answer to that problem if it is truly a breeding ground for terrorists.

A fourth grade mentality is always a good way to approach complex problems.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 06, 2011, 03:19:30 AM

Afghanistan is a hellhole, and a few tac nukes is the answer to that problem if it is truly a breeding ground for terrorists.

A fourth grade mentality is always a good way to approach complex problems.
I said a few.  AND tac-nukes.  AND IF it becomes a training ground for terrorism, which it is clearly not at this point.  Perhaps close range fighting, but that is not "terrorism" by definition.

So really, it is more of a seventh grade attempt.  And that was merely a small snippet, so in reality, I think I am correct.  Even in Nichiren Buddhism, it is acceptable to "take care" of an evil, even if it means you must create a lesser evil to do so.  I agree with some of this "logic".  You can try to transfer some of this belief to another circumstance, but really you aren't illuminating me.  You might be finking me, but you are mos def not illuminating me.  Not trying to be insulting, but the rest of my post has some merit.  The "tac nuke" comment was done more in an attempt to decry that Afghanistan is anything more than a firing range for cheap RPG's, and heavy Kalyshnikov (sp) assault rifles.  If it does indeed have some Harvardian classroom settings (afghanistan), then perhaps some small, well placed tac-nukes might be an alleviation to what ails us.  No?

Hell man, you take a town full of tree hugging, non-violence types, well I suppose at that point one man with a knife wouldbe all it takes to wipe out a town.  Sometimes, if the case might present itself, you destroy an evil, you commit a lesser evil, and perhaps truly good people, AKA non-terrorists, can go on.

Hell, in a mountain range, if a tac-nuke goes off, and nobody worth a crap is there to hear it, do you know it makes a sound?  Perhaps the last dying gasp from the terrorist trained to shoot your child might be the only sound.

Of course, I took it too far, didn't I?

:D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 06, 2011, 03:29:36 AM

Also bear in mind that this "problem" is a militaristic affair.  And in most cases regarding the military, there is a tragic loss of life and limb.  Having served, and watching my father serve, I know this to be true. 

Just had to post this.  HA HA HA HA!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 06, 2011, 03:55:29 AM

The problem with nuclear weapons of any kind is that there is a lot of fall-out. Pun very much intended. The Muslim world would absolutely freak. And much of the rest of the world along with it. Strategically, it would be a blunder. And tactically, it wouldn't be all that effective either, particularly in the mountains.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 06, 2011, 04:22:25 AM

The problem with nuclear weapons of any kind is that there is a lot of fall-out. Pun very much intended. The Muslim world would absolutely freak. And much of the rest of the world along with it. Strategically, it would be a blunder. And tactically, it wouldn't be all that effective either, particularly in the mountains.
Well ain't that something now.  Do you honestly believe that terrorists are holing up and getting better at their craft in a worthless mountain range?  Also, the use of Nukes, which has been done by the US before, prematurely ended a conflict that could have cost us hundreds of thousands of lives, and much more capital.  Of course, we are the only country to utilize such small armed nuclear weapons.  That mountain range is nothing...if they are holed up there, let them get some radiation treatment,  We can drop one from a B1 like the old days...let them learn how to fight with a little rad poisoning... ;)  Tac-nukes.

What are we going to do?  Piss off Iraq and Pakistan?  Mission accomplished aforehand. 

The use would be only if there is truly a threat of that crap site as a fertile training ground for modern day terrorists.  Which it is clearly not.  These scumbags are trained in holing up and hiding after shooting like skinnies into a mass of semi-soft targets.  Consider Afghanistan "safe" from a tac nuke explosion.  Unless the threat is truly there.

Which we know it is not.  Right?

Terrorists train elsewhere.  We should not be in Afghanistan, and the soldiers that are there will tell you I am right. 

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#44 : March 06, 2011, 07:05:38 AM

It is actually possible.  I highly doubt the terrorists, AKA the PILOTS, received the vital training of flying planes as weapons into small specific targets in he comfy and heralded classrooms of Afghanistan.

It's not only possible, it's a documented fact.   All those pilots of 911 were trained to be pilots in the USA by US citizens and then even had training on flying a commerical airliner in a simulation room designed to train commercial pilots - in the USA again.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijackers_in_the_September_11_attacks

" They were followed by three hijacker-pilots, Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, and Ziad Jarrah early in the summer of 2000 to undertake flight training in south Florida. "

http://www.rinf.com/columnists/news/flight-instructor-details-911-training
: March 06, 2011, 07:12:56 AM JDog

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Comes to Mind? (9 dead afghan boys) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools