Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Comes to Mind? (9 dead afghan boys) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#60 : March 08, 2011, 09:37:31 PM

The United States needs a massive influx of nearly 40,000+ more troops into Afghanistan to effectively enforce Obama's new Counter-Insurgency Plan.

Along with that, there needs to be some aggressive negotioations with the Pakistani Intelligence service (ISI).

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#61 : March 08, 2011, 11:01:28 PM

I travel to Pakistan on occasion.   If you are expecting them to help much with the current administration, you can forget it.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 09, 2011, 01:10:40 AM

I travel to Pakistan on occasion.   If you are expecting them to help much with the current administration, you can forget it.

I don't.

Which is why there will not be peace in eastern Afghanistan under the Obama administration's counter insurgency plan, unless the U.S. sends in a few more boat loads of infantry.

How is Pakistan by the way? Seems like there is a pretty potent Anti-American attitude there.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 09, 2011, 01:14:50 AM

Actually, it would be more ideal for there to be a huge influx of Afghani soldiers in eastern Afghanistan. Not just U.S. Military.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#64 : March 09, 2011, 02:16:27 AM

How is Pakistan by the way? Seems like there is a pretty potent Anti-American attitude there.

Pakistan sucks.   Almost the same as India - dirty and uncomfortable.    Only difference is the religion in the 2 countries.   I wouldn't say the majority are "anti-american", but they are definitely against the usa being in Afghanistan.    Place sucks though and I've decided to blacklist myself from returning there any time soon.   If there is work there, I'll do it remotely.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#65 : March 09, 2011, 10:22:41 PM

Actually, it would be more ideal for there to be a huge influx of Afghani soldiers in eastern Afghanistan. Not just U.S. Military.
I would offer there is not a large enough group of trustworthy Afghani soldiers to qualify of huge.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#66 : March 10, 2011, 10:19:42 AM

I would offer there is not a large enough group of trustworthy Afghani soldiers to qualify of huge.

It took Iraq 7 years to build up their security forces to a point where they didn't need constant hand-holding by US military. Iraq has 50 times the resources (oil $$$) as Afghanistan and Iraqis are far more educated (on average) so I'd expect it will take much longer for Afghanistan to get to that "huge number"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 10, 2011, 06:42:09 PM

I know dbuc.

Thats why the U.S. is going to be in Afghanistan for sometime.

COIN generals in Afghanistan are just waiting for Obama to okay the new troop deployments.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#68 : March 11, 2011, 05:54:26 PM

Send all the military based in Germany to Afghanistan.   Why the hell do we need anyone in Germany anyway?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#69 : March 11, 2011, 06:30:24 PM

It is more than just Germany housing American troops in locations that don't make sense any longer - just saying

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#70 : March 12, 2011, 11:24:05 AM

Send all the military based in Germany to Afghanistan.   Why the hell do we need anyone in Germany anyway?

They are protecting our Strategic Beer Reserves.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#71 : March 12, 2011, 12:11:05 PM

Blood For Beer? You bet your ass.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Comes to Mind? (9 dead afghan boys) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools