Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs will not trade up. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 07, 2011, 08:18:32 AM

Agree with the premise.

The BUcs did move up to nab Freeman, so I think as the selections inch nearer to the 20th selection, and the Bucs spot someone that they truly covet (who knows who that may be), that they might pull the trigger on a deal to move up a few spots.  Maybe 2 or 3 at the most, IMO.  The draft is not that great, and if someone is still there...I can see them doing some light maneuvering to get what they desire.  A la Freeman.

However, I do not think that this happens.

I would also suspect that getting a DE might not be a total lock as so many think.  It is a great possibility, but if there is a good value pick available at 20, well...I think the BUcs might pull the trigger and get a DE with their second and third round picks perhaps.  There will some left over for certain...

Well we did move up but I think its much different this year. Freeman was the 3rd of 3 QBs worth taking in the 1st round and I do believe that Morris knew exactly what Freeman was and didn't want to take the chance that he would be gone.

This year we need value more than anything. I argue that DE is a glaring hole but i'm not willing to bet my bank account on it. We will take what comes to us and chances are it will be the guy we wanted anyways. This is a value draft for us. We can't reach for guys and we won't. Our scouting staff can find good players from the 1st pick to the last pick and b/c of that our picks become very valuable to us.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucD

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 07, 2011, 09:11:48 AM

As Boid pointed out, the Bucs won't trade up unless a guy ranked really high on their big board drops to around 17th pick.  I really don't see them trading up any higher than that.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs will not trade up. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools